KSR Show Thread 1/16: Come see about Lynn Bowden

The Kentucky football star is joining Matt Jones and the KSR crew to talk about his outstanding career as a Wildcat. It’s an interview you don’t want to miss. What basketball game?

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

73 Comments for KSR Show Thread 1/16: Come see about Lynn Bowden

1. ClutchCargo
    9:53 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I’m just here to see about it. Hopefully, I don’t get punched. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Realme
      10:11 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Excited for Lynn Bowden day! He only punches people who deserve it.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:13 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Ask him if he’s gonna play bball!!!

Oh, never mind, as I was typing that I remembered he’s already doing the obligatory autograph tour.

Do we know if Belk replaced his stuff?

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Let’s get Lynn to write a book, “A Primer, Introduction to Basketball…Will To Win”.

2. StillBP
    9:57 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

So…the game last night. I couldn’t even watch it with all the fouls. I started on my dvr about 20 minutes behind real time. Had to fast forward through some bc the fouls were making it a snooze fest. Same with 2nd half. I hope they address the ticky-tack calls in the offseason and direct them to stop it next year.

• runningunnin.454
      10:01 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Forget about that; the ncaa wants FT shooting contests. We had 3 fouls inside of two minutes, and 6 fouls in the first 5 minutes…I think; it made me dizzy.

• runningunnin.454
      10:04 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

It is an ncaa area of emphasis; and they have their gods…Higgins, Adams, Shows, Valentine; and 23 others.

• Realme
      10:06 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

They made it unwatchable, I assume for both sides. And clearly showed their disdain for Cal and some of our players. You’d think they’d want to look neutral and fair.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:11 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I didn’t see the whole game, but apparently the Bama/Auburn game was similar. I did see some of the 2nd half. Nice win for Bama. Our win over them would look better if we hadn’t taken the gas pipe…AGAIN…at SC.

BTW, I’m with Matt in that I agree with Cal NOT calling TO at the end there. The guy just got lucky, and if we played better it doesn’t happen in the first place.

• RealCatsFan
      10:18 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I read that the Chickens were in the bonus before they even scored a field goal. Still, rebound and play a little defense, and this doesn’t happen. Hope they learn from it.

• runningunnin.454
      11:19 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

That’s true RCF; their first point was a FT.

3. StillBP
    9:58 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Also, if anyone knows the commenter that goes by ‘hot stuff eddie gilbert’ you might want to check on him today. He had an epic meltdown in the comments. Hopefully he sobers up today and can function like a normal adult.

• ClutchCargo
      10:09 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

The comments after a loss are a never ending source of amusement, but also an overload of negativity. It just becomes a rabbit hole for me, so I have been skipping that for the most part.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:11 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Someone needs to tell him Missy Hyatt is not walking through that door.

• Realme
      10:17 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

BP, apparently you can summon him like we used to do with Cat’s Paw (rest in peace).

• ClutchCargo
      10:21 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

If I type weneedpitino’s name three times, will he show up?

• RealCatsFan
      10:50 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I kind of miss WNP. He made trolling funny.

• StillBP
      11:03 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Had to go to a meeting after my comment. Back now. LOL at wnp. That commenter was at least slightly amusing, he wasn’t just ‘cal can’t coach, ej is trash’

• StillBP
      11:05 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Oh Real now I see what you mean about summoning him…I hadn’t made it that far down in the comments yet. Still playing catch-up. Glad to see he made it through the night, I was slightly worried he may have alcohol poisoning.

4. Realme
    10:04 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

THE SKY IS FALLING, WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!

• Realme
      10:05 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Oh wait, it was one road SEC loss, on a buzzer beater? Huh. I guess there isn’t a reason to freak out. Weird.

• StillBP
      11:02 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

hahaha true!

5. Realme
    10:08 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I had to mute the announcers too. How can that one guy be a professional broadcaster and not know how to get excited without screaming directly into the microphone.

6. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
    10:14 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

If all of our opponents wore UofL jerseys, we would never lose a game. Cal gets the guys to play over their heads every year in that game. And then we turn around and lay an egg against teams like USC.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:15 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Missy Hyatt is not walking through that door.

• Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
      10:18 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Haha! Good one!

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Dude, have you ever coached TEENAGERS? Ever tried to get them to do anything consistently? Look around – teams all over the country are LOSING GAMES. OMG! It’s an epidemic.

Hot tip to you Hot Stuff – the days of total dominance in College Basketball are long gone. And especially this year. Get used to it, or become a Clemson/LSU/Alabama football fan.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:26 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Just for those who don’t know, “Hot Stuff” was a rassler’ back in the glory days of the NWA/WCW, and Missy Hyatt was his valet/manager. She was easy on the eyes.

• RealCatsFan
      10:33 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Cool! Thanks for the education, cg. So she was kind of like Pam Hardy to “Jungle Jim” Liberman in the glory days of drag racing back in the 70’s.

7. J-Dub421
    10:19 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Ugh, that was ugly last night. IQ and Nick played well, and EJ had a decent game. Hagans was off, and so was most of the rest of the team.

Matt keeps wondering why our defense was bad in the second half. It’s because our whole freaking team was in foul trouble. When everyone has four fouls, they back off on defense because they don’t want to pick up their fifth foul. I thought that was obvious.

• Realme
      10:24 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, pretty obvious cause and effect there.

8. runningunnin.454
    10:21 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

First half was like a bad experiment; we ran the offense through our least talented guys. The wrong players were taking all the shots, while ignoring the hottest hand in America.
    Second half we were up 14, and we quit playing defense and rebounding. And, Cal took the night off, and said sink or swim; he talked about it after the game, but, at some point, you have to do something. I guess I would have lost by 20 because I would have been playing 2 walk-ons and a baseball player..if he made the trip, haha.

• Realme
      10:24 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Looked like he saw we were up by double digits and decided it was time to get Johnny and Kahlil more time to see if he could get them going. Ooops.

• Bluehender
      12:27 pm January 16, 2020 Permalink

Rg, I think some of our former coaches used to do that. Was it Pitino, Tubby, or JoeB? Or all of them? Empty the end of the bench when all the others were playing horribly. Cal would never do that. But I wish he would..

• runningunnin.454
      1:20 pm January 16, 2020 Permalink

Bluehender, that was Joe B. Important game, too; it was against Florida State in the ncaa tournament in ’78; it worked, too; we won the game…and subsequently the NCAA tournament.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:22 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Dudes on WHAS this morning were asking if that was a Whittaker Bank Shot that the Chickens hit, and I had to laugh out loud.

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Sounds like something Tony Cruise would say. That dude is one of the best.

• RealCatsFan
      12:03 pm January 16, 2020 Permalink

Dwight Whitten, I think. Or maybe tony Vanetti.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:26 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I missed the game because I was at our HS volleyball postseason banquet. At least daughter#1 won MVP and daughter#2 won defensive POY. Both got All-State-Academic-Team honors. So at least I had that to offset the crappy basketball game.

I watched the replay of the last 5 minutes, and it was kind of amazing that we were able to tie it up after being down 6 with about 30 seconds to go. Alas, we left a little too much time on the clock and died by the dagger of “prevent defense” that prevented nothing. Feces happens.

• Realme
      10:27 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Congrats to them both!

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Thank you! Of course, biggest pride is in the academic awards. They are much smarter than their daddy. ๐Ÿ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      10:47 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

That’s great; appears they have bright futures.

11. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I thought Ashton did the right thing ignoring the Prince Harry dude who was mocking him. Guy thought he was a lot funnier than he actually was.

• ClutchCargo
      10:31 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

He was actually a little too dorky to make anybody mad. My take, at least.

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

That guy needs to stay away from Marcus Smart.

• Realme
      10:40 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I kind of wanted to punch him. Seemed like an ahole.

• ClutchCargo
      10:41 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I was waiting for him to start running his mouth to Ashton. That would have been crossing the line.

12. J-Dub421
    10:42 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Congrats to your daughters RCF. (I hate not being able to reply.)

13. RealCatsFan
    10:46 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I don’t know who came up with the “Rule of 71”, and yes, you can argue that it’s silly, but it sure as hell held last night!

14. RealCatsFan
    10:47 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Matt is right – that shot that IQ hit to tie the game will get lost much like the Sean Woods shot to put us ahead of dook. ๐Ÿ™

15. RealCatsFan
    10:48 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Is anyone else sick of playing in that damned chicken house they have down there? We always seem to play like crap. I think I might actually prefer playing in Ass Hall.

16. RealCatsFan
    11:02 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Sorry, but unless we have a major implosion, I don’t see us missing the tournament. Yes, we have some bad losses, but who doesn’t? Not very many teams. I think the Louisville and Mich St wins are still pretty good wins, even though both teams don’t look as strong now as they did at the time. And this team tends to play up or down to the level of their competition. I think they will rise to the occasion against Auburn and Texas Tech.

17. RealCatsFan
    11:03 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

The worst part about last night? We lost to a kitchen appliance.

• ClutchCargo
      11:10 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Haha! I couldn’t stop calling him Cuisinart in my mind. I fully intended to make a similar comment today, but I dropped the ball.

18. J-Dub421
    11:04 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I just want someone to fix college officiating. 54 fouls called in a 40 minute game is simply unacceptable. That’s more than one per minute of game. It’s practically unwatchable. No one is tuning in for a free throw shooting contest, or to see the refs.

• Realme
      11:09 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I think there’s a better chance of the whole system crashing down then the NCAA starting to hold officials accountable for their performance.

• StillBP
      11:09 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

one foul every 44 seconds is what that amounts to. So boring to watch.

• runningunnin.454
      11:14 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I’ve been complaining about it for years; NO ONE wants to watch a FT shooting contest. But, as I said, this is the ncaa’s emphasis to insure parity. That, and the fact that they’re not going to spend the money to get competent, or even consistent officials.

• ClutchCargo
      11:14 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

The NBA has its own issues, but the officials aren’t one of them. I watch a lot of NBA and couldn’t even tell you the names of more than a couple of them.

• runningunnin.454
      11:18 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha, except an NBA ref T’d Devin Booker up the other night for dunking, and then staring at the defender. Poor call was the general consensus.

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, I want congressional term limits and campaign finance reform too, but I think we have an equally poor chance of seeing those come about.

• StillBP
      11:30 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

how about that T on Maxey for hanging on the rim when there was a player under him and he had nowhere to go? Ugh.

• runningunnin.454
      11:47 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Terrible call; the announcers explained the rule…too bad the ref couldn’t hear them.

19. J-Dub421
    11:16 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Preach it Lynn! The Legend.

20. runningunnin.454
    11:25 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Funniest thing about the TD pass was the lady announcer screaming, “THEY’RE GOING TO THROW” ha ha.

21. J-Dub421
    11:30 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

The Big Blue Wall was awesome this season. They opened up holes so big I could have driven my car through them.

22. 4everUKBlue
    11:41 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

I love me some Lynn Bowden, he’s a true warrior, sure gonna miss him. For all questions come see about it. Best of luck in the NFL.

23. Realme
    11:43 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Hear Hear!!!!

• Realme
      11:46 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

Pretend that was a reply to 4ever.

• 4everUKBlue
      11:59 am January 16, 2020 Permalink

He’s my all time favorite Real.