KSR Show Thread 1/14: Kash Daniel in studio

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Kash Daniel will join the guys in studio to recap his Kentucky career and look ahead to what’s next. He’ll also preview his signing tour, which kicks off this weekend in Eastern Kentucky and Louisville before coming to KSBar and the rest of the state next week.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

67 Comments for KSR Show Thread 1/14: Kash Daniel in studio

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    9:57 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Geaux Tigers! Now Bayou Bengal Burreaux is a Cincy Bengal! Next stop, Super Beauxl babyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• runningunnin.454
      10:00 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Did you notice the referee in the game last night was that SOB/POS that threw Benny out of the Music City Bowl?
      Guess the PAC 12 loves a$$holes.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:07 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, someone (Drew I think) had posted on KSR that he would be there. Even the local radio guys mentioned that this morning.

• StillBP
      10:12 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

RIP Burrow’s career before it ever starts πŸ™‚

10:14 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, hopefully for Joe it will not be similar to the Couch->Cleveland situation.

10:16 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Hopefully he avoids serious injury long enough to eventually play for a decent team.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:16 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Well, the Bengals had just gone 2-14 when they drafted Carson Palmer, and he was GREAT and they wound up putting together some really good teams (including one that could have won it all if the dirty Steelers hadn’t shredded Palmer’s knee on the first play in the playoffs…yeah, still bitter). We’ll see. The thing is, we had a really good GM for several years but I don’t even know who our GM is right now. I unfortunately do not see Brown Jr. getting his head out of his rear end. I hope I’m wrong and I hope he has an O line that can protect him.

2. 4everUKBlue
    10:03 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Playing a bunch of bad teams caught up with Clemson.

3. 4everUKBlue
    10:04 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Apparently the modbot doesn’t like when you call the ACC a b-u-n-c-h of n-o-b-o-d-y-s.

10:11 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Further evidence that the modbot is a Louisville fan.

• runningunnin.454
      10:12 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

WHO is the ACC?

10:15 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

The ModBot is actually Jurich standing behind the curtain pulling the levers.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:19 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Would Clemson have even made the CFP if they were in the SEC?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:21 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

I say yes. They’re really good, and it’s not they’re fault the rest of their league is garbage.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:23 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

CG it is their fault the non conference schedule was so weak. I would argue they would’ve had at least two losses, hell UNCheat should’ve beat them.

10:25 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Clemson is plenty good enough to make the CFP, no matter what conference they are in. Just the lack of being seriously challenged didn’t prepare them for that.

10:27 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

4ever, the Jurich modbot just got me too. And there was nothing out of the ordinary about my post.

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Don’t think Clemson would have made the playoffs if they were in the SEC. They barely beat a bad UNCheat team that had a chance to win in the final seconds.
      Burrow didn’t really have his best game last night; off with his accuracy a little last night. Depending on the schedule, Clemson could have had 3 losses in the SEC.

10:28 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Clemson is also a very young team. Something like 80+ freshmen and soph’s.

10:31 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Just for S&G, I commented “The ACC is hot garbage. So suck it, Jurich! ?” Rejected! lol

• 4everUKBlue
      10:35 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

RCF pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

• StillBP
      10:37 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

It would be difficult for them to make it if they were in the SEC depending on which division. If they were in the East and didn’t have to play both LSU and Bama along with already playing UGA or FL, then perhaps they make playoffs. I think the OH St win gives them some clout. If not for that win I’d agree with you completely 4ever

• 4everUKBlue
      10:43 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Yep OSU was the only team they played before last night BP.

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:11 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

BTW, I was pulling for LSU, but that blindside block against Clemson was ridiculous. Apparently they did follow the rule on the call, but that has GOT to be changed. I know you all have heard me complain about that before, but by rule the Clemson guy is just supposed to let the defender make the tackle just because the defender can’t see him? There was not one iota of danger in that block. No leading with the helmet, no shoulder under the face mask to contact the chin, no nothing.

Scottie beam me up!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:12 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Oh, and no block in the back either. I guess the guy who’s about to throw the block is supposed to yell “Can you see me???” and do that hand gesture the cool kids do for that.

10:14 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

He is supposed to tap the defender on the shoulder and, while respecting his personal space, ask if he could gently shove him out of the way so his teammate may proceed unimpeded to the end zone.

• StillBP
      10:17 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

gotta have consent to enter his bubble haha

10:17 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

And offer him some Grey Poupon after he knocks him down…

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:17 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

And say “I do not mean to make you feel unsafe”.

10:22 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

One of my wishes for the 2020 football season is that there is no new point of emphasis by the officials that completely screws up the early season games. Nonstop targeting calls were no fun at all.

10:24 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Yep, targeting has become football’s answer to the flagrant-1/flagrant-2 in basketball.

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:20 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Anyway, enough about the other teams. I look forward to hearing Kash Money today!

I hope he gets a shot at the NFL, but if not, I wonder about the XFL? I don’t see him playing in Canada since it’s such a pass-happy league. Granted, your Grey Cup champion Blue Bombers ran the ball really well this year.

10:23 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Maybe he can get a shot hosting his own outdoors show, like Bill Dance. πŸ™‚

6. RealCatsFan
    10:22 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

My older daughter’s BF is an LSU fan. Not bandwagon – his mother is from down in those parts. I did three semesters on co-op in Baton Rouge. Loved it! People were very friendly, even when I was repping BBN in my shirts. But football is absolutely a religion down there. Of course all the schools are closed today in Cajun-land, along with a lot of businesses. Statewide holy day.

My first apartment was on College Blvd, just outside the gates to the LSU campus. They have several big lakes that I used to run around, and all the Greek houses are around the lake. Beautiful antebellum mansions. They know how to party down there. And the food is good. It was fun, but I don’t think I could leave the Bluegrass to live there.

• runningunnin.454
      10:31 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

I love New Orleans; good music and great food. Best shrimp, and the jambalaya…ooooh.

7. J-Dub421
    10:30 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Dear Shane, his name is Kash Daniel, not Daniels. You’re such a huge fan you can’t even get his last name right.

10:37 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

People struggle with the last name “Daniel” for whatever reason. And it seems a lot of people don’t realize the famous Tennessee whiskey distillery wasn’t founded by a guy named Jack Daniels.

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Jack Daniel died from sepsis from kicking a safe he couldn’t open. Infection set up in his toe…should have dipped his toe in his whiskey.

11:04 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Kind of like “Kroger’s”, Clutch?

11:07 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Hehe.

I’ll never forget the time I was walking through the Walmart parking lot and an elderly lady asked me how to get to “the Walmarts.”

8. J-Dub421
    10:49 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

It’s a pet peeve of mine CC. How can someone say they’re his biggest fan, and then screw up his last name??

• StillBP
      10:53 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

true, I’m a fan of Walmart, you won’t hear me say Walmarts. I know…most of yall hate Walmart. But I’m not gonna lie, it’s cheap and convenient and I’m good with it.

11:03 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

I get it, J-Dub. I have lived my whole life having my last name butchered, and it is about as short and simple as a western surname can get. I learned at an early age, when saying my name on the phone, to just say it and immediately spell it.

11:06 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Walmart offers some major visual, ahem, “entertainment” in the late hours.

9. J-Dub421
    10:50 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Yaks are not native to the United States. Someone could import them and farm them though, I guess.

10:52 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Either are starlings, but they are everywhere now. They like to poop all over my car.

10:54 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

There is a guy who farms yaks in Menifee County, it’s not like they just wandered over here from Nepal, like the guys kind of implied.

10:56 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, RCF, those idiots who wanted to import all the birds mentioned by Shakespeare didn’t think that through.

• runningunnin.454
      10:56 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Shouldn’t drive a red car, ha ha.

11:07 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, you got me there. Sadly my convertible was built Garnet Red instead of LeMans Blue. Would hurt the value to change colors. Guess I have to sell it now. πŸ™‚

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:28 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

• runningunnin.454
      11:38 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Fe fe fi fi fo fo fum I smell smoke in the auditorium,
      Charlie Brown

10. RealCatsFan
    10:58 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

I think some of Bob and Tom’s skits were pretty hilarious, but I’m a case of arrested development.

11:05 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

I agree with the guys that Bob and Tom can really get on your nerves with all the laughter. It’s like being around some guys who have smoked too much weed. But I always loved when Tim Wilson was on the show, and they had some hilarious songs (Prisoner of Love lol).

11:08 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Tim Wilson had some great stuff. too bad we lost him. RIP.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:08 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

KASH MONEY!!

11:11 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

I have never noticed how similar his voice is to Mark Stoops’. Sounds like Stoops if he was from E. KY.

11:34 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Listen to him speak should remind everyone that there is a human being behind that helmet. He sounds very mature. I could actually see him going into coaching sometime in his future. I get the feeling that he would be very good at it.

11:42 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Hearing this side of Kash, and his emotion and honesty makes me wish we had him for another year.

11:58 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

I’m glad they’re doing these shows with Kash and Lynn. I was a little sad last night when I realized that would be the last college football game for over 7 months, so this softens that blow a little bit.

12. J-Dub421
    11:27 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Late night Walmart entertainment is the best. Back in college (at UK!) I went with some friends to Walmart at 2:00am after a party, and a couple of my guy friends ended up jousting each other on tiny children’s bicycles with foam pool noodles. It was hilarious. We obviously got kicked out. (Yes they were intoxicated, and yes we had a designated driver.)

11:35 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Me and a bunch of my gearhead buddies got permanently banned from Kart Kountry in Shephardsville because we turned it into NASCAR. I totally T-boned my buddy in his cart and another guy got run off the course. πŸ˜€

11:47 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

Forcing your buddy’s cart off the track and into the stack of tires is great fun, and is unfortunately against the rules.

12:13 pm January 14, 2020 Permalink

J-Dub, it’s a shame you didn’t catch that on video. πŸ™‚ They should have grabbed some tiny helmets for full effect.

12:14 pm January 14, 2020 Permalink

It was even better than that, Clutch – he ended up in a ditch. πŸ˜€

13. RealCatsFan
    11:38 am January 14, 2020 Permalink

My daughter suffered a concussion last year going after a shot and her head hit the floor. But she faked the test to pass it so she could keep playing. She never let on to us at the time that it was that bad because she was afraid we wouldn’t let her play. She owned up to it after the season. I suspect a lot of athletes do the same.

14. lex cath
    12:28 pm January 14, 2020 Permalink

Today’s interview with Kash was the greatest hour in KSR history