KSR Show Thread 1/13: The Street Profits

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will be joined by the WWE’s Street Profits in studio to talk about Monday Night Raw, which takes place tonight at Rupp Arena. Tune in to hear Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins talk about their careers, the crew’s take on Kentucky’s win over Alabama, and another crazy weekend in the NFL. Go Titans!

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

55 Comments for KSR Show Thread 1/13: The Street Profits

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:11 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Well, I’m really out of the pro rasslin’ loop now because I have no idea who those 2 guys are.

• RealCatsFan
      10:16 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Pro wrestling = yawn. For me, anyway.

• Realme
      10:18 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

nOT Me. I fINd IT so cOoL.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:21 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Not that I care about it much any more, but if I watched it, I’d be more likely to watch the newly revived NWA because they’re doing it old school and making it look like the old WTBS Georgia Championship Wrestling (which was part of the NWA) with wrestling in studio. Or the new AEW wrestling which also looks a little more old school than WWE. But, it doesn’t interest me like it did.

• ClutchCargo
      10:23 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I really liked rasslin’ back when I was in middle school.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:27 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Haha. Touche Clutch.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:13 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I appreciate Matt’s weather updates to lead off the shows. I have a weather rock, though. If it’s hot, it’s hot, if it’s cold, it’s cold, if it’s wet, it’s raining, if it’s white…it’s snowing.

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:14 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

HELLO, HELlo, HEllo, Hello, helloooooooooo………..

Anyone there?

• RealCatsFan
      10:27 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Just us Monday chickens.

4. Realme
    10:15 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Drew is right. Matt is KSR cursing the Titans by wearing their shirt today.

• Realme
      10:17 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha ha ha now he’s KSRing their hypothetical trip to the Super Bowl, except in reverse. Usually it’s I’ll buy your tickets for the free “trip” we’re giving away, but you have to get yourself there.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:25 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

So have the Titans taken over Lexington as the team of choice because of the Bungles’ chronic mediocrity? In case people forgot, the Bengals made the playoffs many times under Marvin Lewis. They just never could get over the hump and win a playoff game.

I’m still convinced that they were good enough to win the Super Bowl in 2005 under Lewis until the Steelers shredded Carson Palmer’s knee on the first play, and then they went on to win the whole things. Ugh.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:26 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

thing…

• Realme
      10:32 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Not that I can tell, Chris. I only hear Drew talk / tweet about them all the time. Haven’t seen anyone in their gear or anything. Of course I can’t remember the last time I saw someone in a “Bingles” shirt either.

• StillBP
      10:34 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I haven’t noticed a lot of TItans fans in Lexington. Still seems to be mostly for the Bungles. Louisville is now all about the Ravens (haha they lost). I’m originally from Western KY and almost all of my friends there are Titans fans and have been since they officially became the TN Titans.

• StillBP
      10:36 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Drew being from my home town explains why he’s a Titans fan (along w my comment above)

• ClutchCargo
      10:43 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I was a casual Bungles fan for a lot of years and got more interested when Marvin Lewis had them on the cusp of being pretty good. Then more frustration over not being able to win a playoff game. And then Burfict’s borderline criminal stuff against the Steelers was the last straw for me. I’m done with that bunch of Mike Brown-owned losers.

• runningunnin.454
      10:46 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I try to follow the former Cats. I’m a Packers fan from the old days, and I liked the Steelers during the Bradshaw days. Then the Packers had Cobb, and now Smith. The Steelers have Benny so I followed them this year, and also Josh with the Jaguars.

• ClutchCargo
      10:52 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I was a big Ravens fan this season because Lamar Jackson was my fantasy league QB. The fantasy league ended after week 17, so I was free to be happy to see the Titans send him back home from the playoffs.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:59 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

There’s a documentary on Netfilx called “The Game Changers”, it’s about veganism and the athletes who are vegans, I think 14 of the Titans, including Wesley Woodyard, are all on a vegan diet. Petty interesting, not that I can do it but interesting.

• ClutchCargo
      11:19 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I like meat too much to ever want to go vegan, but good for them if that’s their thing.

• runningunnin.454
      11:23 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Would like to see the Titans win; but, the Chiefs are tough.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:17 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Monday. Blah. Yuck.

• Realme
      10:19 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Amen to that.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:20 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Matt talking about saying up all night to write his book reminds me of older daughter waiting until the last minute to write her term papers and then still getting an A. She is going to get burned eventually, but alas, I can’t say much because I did the same thing. I was going to seek therapy for my chronic procrastination, but I never could get around to it.

7. J-Dub421
    10:25 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Good win by the Cats on Saturday. They dealt with adversity well, and scrapped for a tough win. Our defense did a good job at limiting Alabama’s shooting.

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Typical, and 8-6 team plays 9 miles over their heads…and people say we don’t get every team’s best game. We did defend their 3’s well, though. Defense and defensive rebounding let us down a bit in the 2nd half.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Listened on the radio on the way home from volleyball tournament. Started watching the replay on DVR but got sidetracked.

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, this team is starting to come together. When at least two of Montgomery, Whitney and Brooks (Sestina already does what he does, so I’m not including him in that group) really get going, this will be a team that can make a strong tourney run.

8. Realme
    10:38 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Caught the first half of the womens’ game yesterday. Clearly I watched the wrong half.

• runningunnin.454
      10:52 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Rhyne had rough 1st half; but came back to form in the 2nd. What about Chasity Patterson? She had a great game.

9. J-Dub421
    10:46 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

It’s hilarious that Ashton Hagans can flirt with a triple double, and yet I agree with Cal that he didn’t play his best game. Ashton has become a fantastic point guard.

IQ has been absolutely crushing it lately. I love his confidence. Same with Nick. Maxey continues to be electric. Nate was solid and EJ played well, which made me happy.

• ClutchCargo
      10:49 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

All this time, all Nick needed was to be trolled by Jay Bilas and Leah!

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Had quite enough of Jay Bilass; he wants 75 free throws/game; and doesn’t understand a mid-range jumper counts, too.
      Hah, I watch Bill Walton call the UCLA game, and he talked about the Stones, Fleetwood Mac, and his other favorite bands, and sang Happy Birthday twice. Then the other guy said, well…back to the game.
      Yesterday listed to Dick Vitale talking about some players shorts, and he sang “Who wears short-shorts”…ugh.

• StillBP
      11:01 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Loving the way IQ is bringing it! I remember earlier in the season some Eeyore on this site told me IQ wasn’t a shooter. This was after IQ missed a game (seems like he had a stomach bug or something) and I said we’d score better once we got him back. Suck it, Eeyore!

• Realme
      11:04 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Whoever said IQ wasn’t a shooter isn’t very smart.

• ClutchCargo
      11:16 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Because non-shooters win the 3 point shooting contest at the McDonald’s AA game. I know it’s different in that format vs in a real game, but he was a good shooter in real games before he got here and struggled last year.

• RealCatsFan
      11:18 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

So it’s safe to say that people who think IQ isn’t a good shooter don”t have a very high IQ.

• ClutchCargo
      11:20 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Those people probably can’t spell IQ.

10. secrick
    10:59 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Quick, What a clutch player. He has hit shots when we had to have one better than any player in a while.

• runningunnin.454
      11:10 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I appreciate the 6th man thing; but, we need to go with the three guards, and just run with it.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:16 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Did y’all see Lonnie Johnson’s scoop and score TD? I thought he was going to run out of the stadium…like Forrest Gump.
    Have to put up a sign up for him….STOP LONNIE, ha ha.

12. J-Dub421
    11:17 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I kind of like adding Quickley in off the bench. He brings a ton of energy along with his beautiful shooting. Oh, you thought it was hard going against Hagans and Maxey? Boom, we just threw Quickley into the mix. Have fun chumps.

13. J-Dub421
    11:25 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Anyone who would say mean things to Matt because he had a seizure is a horrible person. The end.

• Realme
      11:28 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I like to troll him on here, but what the actual hell?

• ClutchCargo
      11:32 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Elaine: “Ugh! I hate people.”
      Jerry: “Yeah, they’re the worst.”

• ClutchCargo
      11:34 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

I’m not listening today, so I don’t know what was said, but I’m guessing it was something on antisocial media.

14. J-Dub421
    11:38 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Matt said most people were concerned after his seizure Friday night and sent nice/encouraging messages, but that he did receive some not so nice messages as well.

15. J-Dub421
    11:42 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

So, Ryan took his 12 year old to and R rated movie and then was surprised that it was inappropriate for him??? Duh Ryan.

• Realme
      11:49 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Missed that. What movie?

16. J-Dub421
    11:50 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Kerry Blackshear chose poorly.

• Realme
      11:57 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

Usually when we we feel like this, we end up being glad we dodged a bullet. Maybe he’s actually Florida’s problem. Just kidding.

• ClutchCargo
      12:01 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

It usually works out the way it should. We’re better off with him not coming here if he thought that long and hard about it and came to the conclusion that UF was a better spot.

17. J-Dub421
    11:52 am January 13, 2020 Permalink

RM, Ryan took his 12 year old to see Uncut Gems. Apparently, it was wildly inappropriate for a 12 year old boy.

• Realme
      12:01 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

Guess he just saw Adam Sandler and didn’t look any further.