KSR meets Fancy Farm (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt, Ryan, and Drew are at Fancy Farm in Graves County to prepare for tomorrow’s big picnic. Attending Fancy Farm is a KSR first, so come on out to make the guy feels welcome and enjoy what is sure to be a very entertaining show. Who knows, you may just leave with tickets to a UK basketball or football game from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Here’s an updated list of tour stops:

August 3: Bowling Green — Chaney’s Dairy Barn
August 4: McKee — Old Courthouse Community Room
August 5: Glasgow — Papa John’s
August 6: Jamestown — Lawless-Smith True Value and Appliance Center (Russell Springs)
August 7: Monticello — Conley Bottom Resort

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville — Sun Tropic Outdoors
August 13: Lexington — All Sports at Fayette Mall
August 14: Louisville

gotc-ksr

GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com is giving away UK basketball and football tickets at every tour stop this summer. That’s 33 chances to win, and all you have to do is come out to listen to your favorite radio show. That’s so easy even Ryan Lemond could do it!

16 Comments for KSR meets Fancy Farm (Friday Show Thread)

1. Kentucky Joe
    9:59 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

I will be at Fancy Farm as a vice-president of promotions for KSR

2. john calamari
    10:04 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

Two things i wanna see. Drew as my cornhole partner in the tournament tonight and a “Franklin Lemond 2016” sign at the politcal speaking…someone make it happen.

3. J-Dub421
    10:50 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

Why wouldn’t football recruits commit to Kentucky? Stoops has a proven track record (both at FSU and UK) or putting players in the NFL. The SEC gets players a lot of exposure as well.

• realme
      11:05 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

I would add that it’s not necessary for Matt to qualify all of these announcements with the expectation that we aren’t all that likely to keep these guys on board. I guarantee you the coaching staff is not looking at these guys as giving Ky some temporary attention.

4. The drone thing is making national news now, at least on CNET (it’s a pretty good tech site in case you’ve never checked it out):

Also, Bob Ross is dead, but some PBS stations still rerun his show, and I think his son hosted it for a while after he died (I know he filled in for him some also when he was still living).

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

It was on the front page of MSN yesterday, and was on tech site ARS Technica as well. The drone story has gone national. It’s crazy.

5. CatsFan4Life
    10:58 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

I will see you guys there tomorrow. My wife’s family lives close to there but we’ve never been. I’m really looking forward to it.

6. Already posted this on another thread, but had to here too:

This football recruiting is truly unreal. I think I’m in the twilight zone. Is this REALLY *UK* football recruiting we’re talking about? Am I about to wake up?

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!

MARROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

• realme
      11:07 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

Agreed, it’s surreal. I literally did not think this level of recruiting was possible at UK. I have never been so happy to be wrong. Stoops and his staff have been amazing.

• Also, keep in mind that a lot (almost all?) of the Debbie Downers saying these guys will de-commit are probably UL fans.

• J-Dub421
      11:36 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

We only had a few decommit last year. We’ve lost very few players to decommitment. I don’t get why people seem to expect this, except the trolls. You can tell that U of L fans are starting to get scared about football. Trolling has increased.

7. Laker Cat 18
    11:18 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

Matt Jones doesn’t “totally agree” with everything, but when he does it’s always special.

8. realme
    11:26 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

Did that fool just call himself a “rising junior”?

9. J-Dub421
    11:39 am July 31, 2015 Permalink

Ryan vs. Rondo Connect 4 challenge! Let’s make this happen!

10. Goo Odd
    4:49 pm July 31, 2015 Permalink

What I am most fascinated by is that this convocation is being led by Bishop Medley.
    That he is leading this collection of Tom Foolery (an Irishman, Tom was).
    On the one hand, Tis a good thing.
    On the other?
    Are politicians a worthy portion of any flock?
    Showboaters – souls whom we, as a church, must save.
    “Irregardless”, as they say in Brroklynn, we must.
    May Got…. May he have sustainable mercy on their pathetic souls.