KSR, live from Macon, Georgia! (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Macon, Georgia as the crew continues their trek to Jacksonville for the TaxSlayer Bowl. Tune in to hear about the first leg of their adventure, as well as all the latest in UK sports and lots of random stuff.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

29 Comments for KSR, live from Macon, Georgia! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. Well, Matt beat me to the joke, but I was going to post the Seinfeld bit about reservations.

BTW, I’m telling all my Bama friends here that the REALLY big game this Saturday is the Taxslayer Bowl! Hah! It gives them a good chuckle.

2. Oh, and I’m glad they have a new app, but you can’t access the comment section from there. ๐Ÿ™

• Realme
      10:31 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

I hope that’s something they can fix. Gotta be able to see comments.

3. Gerald Fitch!

4. Where are JDub, RCF and co.? Some folks must actually have to work today. :-). Or doing the family thing.

Seriously, I’m about to do some chores. I’m trying my hand at changing out a light fixture for the first time and hopefully will…
    1) Get it done successfully, and…
    2) Not electrocute myself in the process!

I will check in when I can. Happy New Year Show Threaders!

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      10:49 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

My husband got so bored during his staycation yesterday that he started cleaning and organizing stuff. He’s right there with you!

• Realme
      10:50 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

Am I the only one working this week? Glad to at least have the live show back. Assuming the original light fixture was installed correctly, switching to a new one shouldn’t be hard. Good luck.

• runningunnin.454
      10:52 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

Glad you didn’t say, “changing out a light bulb; ha ha.
      Don’t forget to throw the breaker.

• I did turn off the breaker, but it’s more than I can handle. ๐Ÿ™
      The previous owner did a lot of stuff himself, and for someone who was a contractor type (a carpenter or electrician…I forget which) he did a lot of stuff in a half rear-ended fashion. He just mounted the old flush mounted fixture by making his own holes and drilling into studs instead of putting in a proper outlet box and mounting it to that. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Oh well, i’ll have to either call in a favor from a friend or “Call the man!” as Andy told “Aint” Bee.

• I’m sure it originally was a plain single bulb socket, and he just didn’t want to take the time to put in the electrical box. And some of them sell for like 99 cents.

• Realme
      11:54 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

We had one of those houses once. Had a light fixture we couldn’t replace because there was no making sense of what the former owner had done, and had contractors refuse to take on a project because they didn’t want to become liable for anything by hooking up to the wiring in the house. So glad to be out of there.

• I’ll look up some Youtube vids. They can be awesome. The problem is I’m dealing with wiring, not just replacing broken ceramic tiles and a few other non-electrical things they’ve helped me with.

See you guys later!!! CATS!!!!!!

5. kygolfkat51
    10:59 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

Charlie Ward at Florida State

6. secrick
    11:09 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

No , Your not the only one working Realme but for some reason i’ve been busy this morning. Can’t wait for the game , i just hope fans don’t get to upset if we happen to lose which i don’t think we will. We have had a good year and got some good plaers because of it.

• Realme
      11:20 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

I figured I’d save save up days off up for tournament time, so I didn’t take any days in addition to the Christmas weekend.
      Hope they win the bowl game, so we can stay on a high note all off season. Might help keep commitments on board until signing day if they look good Saturday.

7. CatBlue in LR
    11:28 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

Kyle did play tennis at UK, IIRC.

He was a good athlete, but the answer is Kelena Azabuike.

8. ukkatzfan
    11:38 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

Nazr was a bad athlete.

9. rockman
    11:40 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

Worst Athlete: 1. Kyle Wiltjer 2. Shagari Alleyne 3. Jared Carter 4. Patrick Sparks 5. Travis Ford

10. CatBlue in LR
    11:42 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

Got to be Shagari, Woo or Sheray Thomas.

11. rockman
    11:49 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

Best Athlete(chronological) 1. Wah Wah Jones 2. Ralph Beard 3. Cliff Hagan 4. Cotton Nash 5. Pat Riley 6. Bob Flowler 7. Dwight Anderson 8. Dirk Minnifield 9. Charles Hurt 10. Richard Madison 11. Rex Chapman 12. Shawn Kemp 13. Kelenna Azubuike 14. Rajon Rondo 15. John Wall 16. Eric Bledsoe 17. Dominique Hawkins 18. EJ Floreal 19. Alex Poythress 20. Malik Monk

12. Rixter
    11:56 am December 28, 2016 Permalink

Billy Dee Williams tweeted, apparently from the grave:

Billy Dee Williams รขโ‚ฌย@realbdw 23h23 hours ago

I’m deeply saddened at the news of Carrie’s passing. She was a dear friend, whom I greatly respected and admired. The force is dark today!