KSR is with AppHarvest in Pikeville (Monday Show Thread)

KSR is in Pikeville this morning to hang out with the folks from AppHarvest. If you’re in the area, come on out to Shelby Valley High School (125 Douglas Park) to enjoy the show and learn more about this awesome organization. It’s a big week, so fill up that coffee cup and settle in.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

54 Comments for KSR is with AppHarvest in Pikeville (Monday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:20 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Anybody see that unnecessary roughness call on Clay Matthews? Cost the Packers the game.
    I don’t even recognize the sport anymore. Might as well go to flag football.

• Along with the no-contact screen blocking that they usually do with flag football now.

• rickwhitetx
      11:15 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Earlier in the game Rodgers was sacked in the same manner and no call. I don’t know what roughing the passer is right now. They might as well go to a two-hand touch rule for the QB. If the Packers end up out of the playoffs by half a game, we know which play determined that.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Lack of consistency is my biggest gripe with officiating.

• Booby Petrino
      11:48 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

If the Packers don’t make the playoffs bc of a half game, the Packers didn’t deserve to be in the playoffs. Calls/no-calls can affect the outcome of a game but so can missing field goals and not playing as well as you should have. I’m sure if the game was reviewed in entirety for missed calls, the one call and no-call you’re talking about probably weren’t the only missed calls in the game.

2. So I tuned in 10 minutes late and I’m still the first in? I know it was Murray, but we’re 3-0!

What were they talking about that happened in the game that was funny?

Prayers for the little boy and his family.

• Well, 2nd.

• Realme
      10:24 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

I’m late too. Sure hope that boy recovers.

• RealCatsFan
      11:26 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

I am working by myself today so it is a shitstorm here. CG, last I heard, the little boy was still extremely critical.

The thing they were talking about was an apparently fake Murray St mascot that appeared on TV following the UK mascot. It was basically a ridiculous horse outfit with two dudes inside – the dud in back was hunched over and not in time with the guy in front. It was rather bizarre.

3. Realme
    10:27 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Was at the game and saw a regular horse mascot. Missed the 2 man horse prank, if that’s what it was. Thought the crowd would have been better after the win at Florida, but it sucked pretty bad.

• runningunnin.454
      10:41 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

To be fair, we need some football weather; pretty hot wasn’t it?
      Crowd should be better next Sat…we need to win that game.

• J-Dub421
      10:45 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

This coming Saturday should be lit.

• Realme
      10:45 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

That sun was brutal. Moved up to the top for shade in 2nd half.

• RealCatsFan
      11:39 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Realme, I was in Lexington at Tates Creek for my daughter’s tournament. It was hot there, but we had shade, and the breeze made it pretty tolerable. Now inside the gym with no AC was a different matter.

• This July 4 weather in Montgomery is insane.

Speaking of that, STOP PREMATURE PUMPKIN SPICING!!!

• J-Dub421
      11:45 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

One holiday at a time!! I’ve seen a few Christmas lights up already. That’s 2 holidays away!

4. runningunnin.454
    10:30 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

That was an insane one-hand catch in the Jaguars game; and, the receiver played at Ky Wesleyan.
    Guess you don’t have to play for a college powerhouse to make it in the NFL.

5. MJ is a luddite. Wow.

“We can’t have people making those newfangled light bulbs! We have to protect the candle makers!”
    “We can’t have people using these fancy smart phones! We have to protect Encyclopedia Brittanica!”

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

On this I agree with Matt. Also, I don’t work for the grocery store, they do not pay me, so I should not have to check myself out and bag my own groceries. Hire some workers.

• Realme
      10:53 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

I love the uscan. Much less waiting and human interaction (I hate shopping and am anti-social in public, so that’s just me).

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

My wife won’t pump gas; and, she’ running out of places to go. Guess who will be filling her car up…ha ha ha?

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:19 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

The uscan is especially a good thing at Sam’s Club if you only have a few items, if not you’re going to be standing in line for a while. The self serve is only going to get worse.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

I occasionally use the uscan if I only have a few items. I hate the uscan if I have produce, and if you have beer, you’re going to have to wait for an attendant to check your ID anyway, so what’s the point?

• If I have a lot of stuff I’ll usually let them ring me up (less work for me), but just a few items, nah, especially if the lines are long.

Iamhe makes a good point about Sam’s. You could be behind someone with 2 or 3 flatbeds or carts full of stuff.

• ClutchCargo
      12:14 pm September 17, 2018 Permalink

The Sam’s Scan and Go app is the best thing ever. You just scan with your phone as you put stuff in the cart, click the on-screen button to pay and then the attendant at the door scans your phone. Done.

6. Realme
    10:56 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Is Chester telling me they get to bring those cow bells into our stadium? WHAT!?!??!!?!?!?!?

• runningunnin.454
      11:01 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Don’t think they can bring them into an opponent’s stadium.

• Realme
      11:03 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Surely not.

• runningunnin.454
      11:21 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

And, SEC has adopted some substantial fines limiting their use in their own stadium. They can onlyring them during time out, between quarters, change of possession, etc.

7. bigbluechesticles
    11:11 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

How many of our bandwagon fans gonna jump ship after we get smoked on Saturday? At least it will help stop all this sec east champ talks by some delusional fans. We finally beat a terrible Florida team, and now we’re heading to playoff. Calm down people. Another good thing, we can go back to focusing on basketball after Saturday.

• Realme
      11:15 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

So glad you could join us on the show thread. You bring the best energy. Such a joy to hear from. A true light to the world.

• runningunnin.454
      11:17 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

So nice of Debbie to join us.

• bigbluechesticles
      11:23 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

There’s a reason Vegas has us as an 11 point underdog at home. They are pretty good at what they do.

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

And we were 14 pt dogs at Florida; so, we’re going to play the game anyway…if you don’t mind.

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

chesticle-head, what was the spread on the Louisville game with their Heisman winner QB a couple years ago? The fans get to cheer for their team at least until they lose, and true fans will still get to cheer for them. I have been pretty hard on Stoops through the years, but this team looks promising in the early going. Yep, MSU will surely be a good measuring stick – we shall see.

• Yeah, Vegas almost always wins, but I heard a handicapper on national radio say he expected us to lost by 3 TD’s at UF. Granted, I have no idea how good this guy is since I don’t gamble (in fact I often change the station when those guys come on), but he was that show’s designated “expert”.

• runningunnin.454
      11:48 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Who were the favorites in the Wisconsin and Nebraska games?

• Booby Petrino
      11:59 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know what kind of people you hang with chesticles, but if they are anything like you they aren’t the brightest…which is why I guess they are saying we’re going to the playoffs. Most of us are just happy to see the team winning and beating teams no one outside of our fanbase thought we would win… we don’t expect them to beat GA/win the East or go to the playoffs. We were bigger underdogs in the FL game than we are this game, and this one’s at home.

8. eastham75
    11:14 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Congrats to Lexington Legends & Bowling Green Hot Rods for winning in both leagues of single A ball.

9. Realme
    11:26 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Lextran shuttle from downtown works great, btw. There’s a big lot across from the transit center that’s free on Saturdays, and the bus ride was much better than fighting game traffic in the car.

10. Realme
    11:31 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Matt acting surprised that he feels weird doing a NFL show on ESPN.

• secrick
      11:43 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Didn’t Fla. win Sat and they are 2 and 1 so i wouldn’t say they are terrible BBC. Go Cats

• runningunnin.454
      11:49 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Yep, Fla beat Colorado State, who beat Arkansas.

• Booby Petrino
      12:14 pm September 17, 2018 Permalink

poor Arkansas, they really suck this year. I have family there, they are having meltdowns about the season.

• J-Dub421
      12:19 pm September 17, 2018 Permalink

Booby, are they still mad at us for stealing Archie Goodwin and Malik Monk?

• Booby Petrino
      1:19 pm September 17, 2018 Permalink

J-Dub…YES!!!!! HA HA HA

11. J-Dub421
    11:37 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

U of L should be very concerned about playing us this season. We can take them.

• Realme
      11:38 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Every time they say that qb’s name it’s so close to poo ma pants.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Will be interesting to see if Louisville improves markedly. If we played them this week, we would roll them. Biggest issue for them is their receivers can’t catch and their defense is porous.

Bobby 2.0 has been a disappointment for Louisville fans. Maybe they deballed him after the motorcycle incident. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Their defense is terrible and their offense isn’t much better. I think we could roll them this season.

• runningunnin.454
      11:44 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

They had their hands full with WKU.

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

I watched some of that game. I thought Western was going to get them, they were close.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am September 17, 2018 Permalink

Louisville’s special teams saved them against WKU. If WKU hit that FG with time expiring, it would have gone to OT, and anything could have happened.

• Booby Petrino
      12:02 pm September 17, 2018 Permalink

the other QB they started playing looks better than Pass. Seems like the logical starter going forward. But I still think our team is better.