Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.18.56 AM

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Future Designs in Leitchfield (421 Quarry Rd). After a big day in Shelbyville, Matt and Drew continue their trek across the Bluegrass, and today, they’re ready to meet the fine people of Leitchfield and talk about all the latest news in the UK sports world and give away some tickets from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com.

NERLENS NOEL will also call in to give us an update on him as he enters his third year in Philly, so you’ll definitely want to tune in for that.

**POLL QUESTIONS OF THE DAY**

surveys

polls

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Here’s an updated list of tour stops. We’re still finalizing a few, so be sure to check back as the week goes on.

June 30: Leitchfield — Future Designs

August 7: Monticello — Conley Bottom Resort

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville — Sun Tropic Outdoors
August 13: Lexington — All Sports at Fayette Mall
August 14: Louisville gotc-ksr

GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com is giving away UK basketball and football tickets at every tour stop this summer. That’s 33 chances to win, and all you have to do is come out to listen to your favorite radio show. That’s so easy even Ryan Lemond could do it!

24 Comments for KSR is live in Leitchfield with special guest Nerlens Noel! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

I hope uncle Matt left his noise whistle in Shelbyville.

How many people are mad with what coach cal says?

• BtownUKFan
      11:00 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

What would you expect Cal to say? Most of his recruits are African-American. People seem to be unable to put two and two together.

2. Big Curt
    9:56 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

Well, I guess I’ll steal from someone’s Facebook post from the weekend. I think the Confederates had a fight with a Skittles factory over the weekend.

Crazy…..

Looking forward to UK stuff and escape the political stuff. *wink *wink
    😉

• Mxyzptlk
      9:59 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

Just remember the words of Mark Twain. “If voting made a difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.”

3. Franklin-Stein
    10:00 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

Flying my flag at home next to UK flag
    Go Cats

4. Those horses of today just don’t show class like the old school Man O’ Wars & Secretariats. It’s all because they’re so into this hip-hop generational stuff.

5. houndstooth
    10:25 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

It’s his opinion… everyone has one. Why is Jerry tipton even allowed to ask questions anymore? That’s a more important question.

6. houndstooth
    10:28 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

Notre dame? I just threw up in my mouth.

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

Last time I checked we beat them in the tournament last season…

7. Big Curt
    10:32 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

UMMMMM………
    What’s up with the feed breaking in at random times on the 630 iHeart feed??

8. houndstooth
    10:41 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

I think Matt just let the cat out of the bag!!!

• CottonMash
      11:32 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

Late to the show today… what did I miss (re: cat out of the bag!!!) ?

9. Griff Tannen
    10:47 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

Ironically that Future Designs building looks like it was built in 1985…Now why don’t you make like a tree and get outta here!

10. Laker Cat 18
    11:37 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

UK is definitely the better job, heck the Kings have had like 4 coaches in the last 1 or 2 years. That’s a problem. With that said, if Cal’s seriously considering taking another shot at the NBA, I can’t see it being much more appealing than this.

• J-Dub421
      11:44 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

I can’t see Cal leaving us in the lurch this late in the game. If this were a month ago, I’d be worried. But practice is about to start for the summer, he just went through a recruiting battle for Jamal Murray, I just think the timing is off right now.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:47 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

A lot of things have happened in a week though.

1. George Karl has wreaked havoc with Cousins and is clearly on the way out.
      2. Kings drafted WCS.
      3. Kings seriously targeting Bledsoe.

My question is…What if relocating the Kings out of Sacrament were part of the deal?

• J-Dub421
      12:01 pm June 30, 2015 Permalink

All good points, but I still don’t think he’ll leave us in the lurch. Leaving this close to the start of the season would make it very hard for UK to get another coach because most teams have already done their hires, and contracts have been signed, etc. Also, all the players he recruited would be stuck, they came to UK for Coach Cal, and I don’t think he’ll bail on them when they have no way of opting out at this late a stage.

11. Big Curt
    11:47 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

I think if he turns down the Kings and this potential deal, he retires here. I can’t see him getting a better offer if this a legit offer…..
    Just my opinion.

That being said, please retire here, Cal. 🙂

• Laker Cat 18
      11:50 am June 30, 2015 Permalink

I agree with you.

Best option #1: Coaching Lebron. Cal Passed on that.

Best option #2: Putting together an NBA team that is Cat-heavy. If he passes on this, I don’t see a more appealing option than these two.

12. Jim 1
    12:37 pm June 30, 2015 Permalink

Every time someone starts with the rumor that Cal is listing to offers about leaving UK, KSR only helps by adding fuel to the fire. KSR already has the audience it needs through the BBN. Please stop broadcasting and printing these rumors, Cal’s not going to leave UK.

• J-Dub421
      12:47 pm June 30, 2015 Permalink

KSR reports UK based news. Coach Cal leaving rumors constitute UK news, so they are going to report on them. You cannot predict the future and do not know what Coach Cal will or will not do. I don’t think Coach Cal will leave UK but it is a possibility.

• catdaddyd
      9:41 pm June 30, 2015 Permalink

Rumors constitute UK news. Give me a break.

13. David8577
    12:51 pm June 30, 2015 Permalink

Coaches need to know about polls like this. That’s a true representation of fan approval, not the media’s approval, or some skewed result because of Card fans thrown in there.

• J-Dub421
      1:18 pm June 30, 2015 Permalink

It also helps show what percentage of our fan base is stupid and irrational.