KSR is live from the new Sleep Outfitters in Lexington (Thursday Show Thread)

sleep-outfitters

Today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio is coming to you from a live remote broadcast at the new Sleep Outfitters location in Lexington.

Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond are in the building to talk Cats basketball, DJ Eliot’s departure and the other happenings around Big Blue Nation. They’ll also be joined by JoJo Kemp for an interview with the popular running back; and if that’s not enough to get you out there, the first 100 fans will receive a signed copy of John Calipari’s new book.

The new Sleep Outfitters is located at 2398 Nicholasville Road.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

58 Comments for KSR is live from the new Sleep Outfitters in Lexington (Thursday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    9:59 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Well, now that Cal and Rick have become buds; all UL and UK fans can live in peace and harmony…..
    right?……..or

• Realme
      10:06 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I can’t wait to listen to that, but will restrain myself until after KSR.

• The lion lays down with the lamb.

• ukjaybrat
      10:14 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I thought it was good-not-great. pretty much what you would expect. they talked a lot about “past history” and not much about “current history”

• This is so bizarre that they did this. Just bizarre. I’m glad they can get along, but I didn’t expect it.

• ukjaybrat
      10:21 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

me neither. i bet the holdout of dropping the podcast went down like this.

cal: rick, lets do this without thinking and then let the lawyers deal with it after before i publish it

rick: ok

lawyers: ok guys this is going to take 2 weeks to go through this mess and take out the crap you can’t say

2. Realme
    10:06 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I have an officiating proposal. If one ref calls more than 5 off ball fouls or fouls for which they were the furthest ref from the action, THEY foul out.

• Two thumbs up!

• runningunnin.454
      10:10 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I like that idea; but, I only give them three…..just like baseball.

• ukjaybrat
      10:12 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

anarchy ! lol

• Realme
      10:13 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, if all three refs foul out, they don’t get to play at all.

• J-Dub421
      10:22 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I wish. There should be some type of review for officials. Also, all of the Power 5 conferences need to get together and work out how they they think fouls should be called across all the conferences so that there is some semblance of consistency.

• Realme
      10:28 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

The big blue history guy tweeted this to Drew who retweeted it this morning:

I’m not sure where it came from, but it certainly is a picture of how this should work.

• ukjaybrat
      10:46 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

realme, see my response at 5.i
      accidentally replied to chris instead of here

• Realme
      10:57 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Yes, Jay, basketball should do that too, but I am more interested in officials being accountable in a public way. If they’re doing a good job, they should have no problem answering questions about their actions, just like a coach or player.

• ukjaybrat
      11:11 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

yeah i agree. but the way it is now, the ncaa has no incentive to make that happen. it would create more work for them, it would force them to actually respond to critique of how the game is officiated other than saying “it was handled correctly and we respect the in-game decision of the officiating crew”

The NCAA likes having no accountability and so do officiating crews. it is all handled behind the scenes (or it isn’t).

unforunately, it’s like the ncaa hating the one and done rule. we would like to change it to two or whatever other system, but the nba has no incentive to change the rule, so it will probably stay the way it is for the foreseeable future.

3. Okay, so I was proud of myself for putting up a light fixture for the first time, then I read this (LOL!):

4. runningunnin.454
    10:18 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I thought Petino’s answer about responsibility was pretty good. You can’t watch the players 24h/day.
    The only one I knew that tried was Joe B.
    When I lived at Holmes Hall with the players, I used to sneak them cheeseburgers and pizza; and, you really had to watch for Coach Hall…he would show up at all hours; it was a short leash.

• They say he hired someone to follow Melvin Turpin. I think I also read that Turpin would get pizzas handed to him through the window.

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I had heard Rupp was pretty tough, too. Heard he didn’t like players’ dating. He said he “didn’t want to lose a game in the back seat of a car”.
      Ouch.

• J-Dub421
      10:37 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

They’ve done many medical studies which all show there is zero correlation between athletes having sex the night before a game and their performance the next day.

• ukjaybrat
      10:44 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

jdub,
      yeah, now, but 50 years ago? it was a hot topic for athletes.

also, the act of sex maybe doesn’t have an affect. but staying up til 2:00 am as opposed to getting a good night’s sleep starting at 9:00 or 10:00 would definitely have an affect.
      just saying

• J-Dub421
      10:50 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

No, they would not have known that 50+ years ago. But some coaches and athletes still believe that superstitious junk.

Staying up late and not getting enough sleep is a separate issue. But if a player had relations then went to sleep at a decent hour, they would likely sleep better since relations releases serotonin in your brain.

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Boxing trainers say they ” lose their legs”, whatever that means. I only boxed Golden Gloves, and that was before I became, socially successful, so to speak.

• J-Dub421
      10:53 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Lol, socially successful. Great term. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

J-Dub, every male knows that dudes always roll over and fall asleep after “doing it”. Much to the consternation of their lady friends who might want to cuddle in the afterglow. 😉

• ukjaybrat
      10:42 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

i like how in football, announcers call mike pereira in new york for his opinion on calls from time to time in between downs. but it’s hard to have that kind of call-in and explanation during something like basketball that is constantly moving.

• ukjaybrat
      10:45 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

oops. that should have been a response to somewhere else

5. Laker Cat 18
    10:27 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Who will be the main targets for our open defensive coordinator spot?

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

No idea. Who’s available?

• ukjaybrat
      10:38 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Rex Ryan!!!
      just kidding, he’s staying in the nfl

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I don’t know that I want Rex Ryan, with his foot fetish and Mark Sanchez man-crush…

6. Smokincats
    10:40 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I’m at Sleep Outfitters for the remote and the woman to the right of the Matt and Ryan is extremely hot!

7. J-Dub421
    10:43 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

According to Rick, Andre McGee is super cheap, like the cheapest guy ever and doesn’t want to pay for anything. Therefore, I have a lot of trouble believing that McGee was the only one involved and dropped tens of thousands of dollars on hookers for players and recruits. The money came from somewhere else.

8. runningunnin.454
    10:44 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

One thing you can count on, like death and taxes…..South Carolina and Florida won’t play like that against UK….they will look like the Warriors.

• J-Dub421
      10:52 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

You can count on that with every SEC team, especially when we play away games.

• runningunnin.454
      11:12 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

True, they bring the blond lady into the locker rooms before the games, and she explains…
      “When you play UK, it just means…..more.

9. Realme
    11:09 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I always take the earphones out when the family minute guys comes on, because I find him way too annoying. Just accidentally caught him coming back from a restroom break. Why the hell is he talking about hugging porcupines?

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I don’t know. One of my co-workers brought in doughnuts, and I went to go snag one during the commercial break.

10. J-Dub421
    11:09 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Yay! I love Jojo!

• Realme
      11:12 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Me too. Wish I was there.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:14 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Thanks, Jojo!

12. secrick
    11:30 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Do we play South Carolina away this year?

13. Realme
    11:45 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

I’m not as much of a Seinfeld nut as some of you, but I’ve never in my life heard the name Festus Ezeli and not started thinking about Festivus.

• RealCatsFan
      11:52 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Surely he was born on the same day as Festivus! 😀

14. secrick
    11:47 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Yeah that Fla game will be tough. Has anyone seen that Barry kid play at Fla. man can he shoot. Is he the son of Rick ?

• RealCatsFan
      11:51 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

Yes he is. And he shoots his free throws underhanded, just like his dad.

15. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
    11:54 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

You fat pig of a woman.

16. Realme
    11:55 am January 19, 2017 Permalink

This is saying a lot for me. Once Rick retires from Louisville I think I will mellow towards him. Some.

• runningunnin.454
      12:01 pm January 19, 2017 Permalink

Still have respect for Petino pulling us out of the ashes…I remember his first year, and Kansas beat us by like 50 points; I wondered “will we ever get back”.