KSR is LIVE from the Berea McDonald’s (Wednesday Show Thread)

McDonalds Golden Arches Sign

Good morning KSR Nation!  As a person who has logged hours doing KSR work from the Berea in McDonald’s (Thanks, Damien Harris), I am hear to inform you that it will be an exciting time.  Don’t be late, you might miss the special intro from the Madison Southern Band.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

49 Comments for KSR is LIVE from the Berea McDonald’s (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:48 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Matt Jones for Mayor of Lexington? Yes… should be.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:07 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

I know it isn’t an open option at the moment but would rather see him as mayor of Louisville…can you imagine?

• Laker Cat 18
      10:10 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

MJ should call Pitino to get his advice on a move to a rival city if the Louisville mayor spot should open up. That would be radio gold if that discussion took place live on air.

• J-Dub421
      10:23 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Jurich and Pitino would have an aneurism if Matt became mayor of Louisville. It would be hilarious.

• As conservative as I am, I would probably send Matt money if he ran for mayor of the Ville. That would be too funny! 🙂

However, I think he would poll in the Ville about as well as Jeb is nationally right now.

• RealCatsFan
      10:40 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

If Matt was elected mayor of Louisville, maybe we wouldn’t have any more “interruptions” from Jurich during the radio show.

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:08 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Looks like LeBron doesn’t get along with many of his coaches. Does this make Cal NBA rumors have more validity or less?

• ukjaybrat
      10:13 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

heat fan here… I heard he wanted Coach Spo fired at first, but they worked it all out pretty well. I don’t think the reason he went back to Cleveland had ANYTHING to do with wanting Coach Spo gone.

• Can LeBron humble himself to ANY coach at this point? I don’t think so. I could be wrong, but even if I am, I think it would only be a Phil Jackson or the like. I don’t know if even Cal has enough swag. As hard as Cal can be on players, do you think James would listen to that?

I think it has to be someone who’s won multiple championships like Jackson. That’s the only way most NBA fans would NOT say “Yeah, well, sure, he (the coach) won a championship, but it wasn’t him, it was all LeBron (and Bosh & Wade at Miami).”

• Laker Cat 18
      10:26 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Pat Riley is good at what he does for Miami, but I can’t help but think he would be an elite coach if he wanted to take that route again. I could see him in the same category as a Jackson or a Pop at the NBA level. Some people just have it.

• Yep, I could see Riley or Pop having the swag. Maybe Steve Kerr since he’s the hot coach right now if James wanted to go to Cali, but other than him (and *maybe* Doc Rivers), only coaches who have won multiples in the NBA.

• ukjaybrat
      10:40 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Spoelstra and Popovich are the only active coaches with multiple championships (Steve Kerr will likely join that list after the next couple years)

3. CATandMONKEY
    10:14 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Booooo to KY Joe. Dear lord.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:17 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Cranes are the only good sound to be associated with KY Joe.

• ukjaybrat
      10:19 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Who are these idiots on twitter that keep voting to let KY Joe do his thing? I don’t know anyone that likes Kentucky Joe. more and more everyday I think KY Joe is a plant that actually does work for Matt because despite not knowing ANYONE that likes him or wants to ever hear him, he’s ALWAYS on the show singing.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:23 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Joe would get booed at Karaoke for horrible singers…and most drunk karaoke crowds will applaud for even the worst performers. At least Conway Twitty could sing even if you don’t care for his style (I don’t. )

• J-Dub421
      10:25 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

It’s painful listening to KY Joe sing.

4. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE make it stop!!! My ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TMacFromNichVegas
      11:01 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

I 1,000 % agree. Matt – please don’t adverstise this song!!! It makes us ALL look like hicks!!!!

5. J-Dub421
    10:24 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

I lived in Blazer my freshman year. Sad that it’s being torn down, even though it was old and kind of a craphole.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:36 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Never lived on campus and never got very far from the Medical Center. The Commons was our favorite destination when we actually had an hour to walk and eat. Remember seeing Couch over there many times in 97/98 and always being just a bit, ok- very envious of the female crowds he and his boys would pull. K-Lair was always a rare, special treat. After we discovered The Wheel Dispensary, (est 1946, RIP) lunches were never the same.

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

K-Lair was also good. When I lived in Blazer I used to see basketball players all the time in the cafeteria there. They all ate KFC and the stir fry station all the time.

6. J-Dub421
    10:27 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Dakich continues to be a moron.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:42 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

I thought Dan had turned the corner last year. Matt had a few decent interviews with him that were a start at redemption with BBN. He has eclipsed his former bottom of the totem pole position. Moron may be a charitable description.

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

I’m a lady, and I try really hard not to swear on this site.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:10 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Always a lady but you call out the idiots when required…which is sometimes unfortunately frequent.

7. Taylor
    10:30 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Chris Paul is 6’0
    Isiah Thomas is 5’9

8. CATandMONKEY
    10:50 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Ryan bringeth the Smack!!

9. damage_control
    10:51 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Dakich had also been saying for weeks that Duke was going to win the title this year if they got their injured big man back

10. CATandMONKEY
    10:52 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

If John Short would bust out a few lines of “Lay Lady Lay” it would be far beyond any KY Joe performance.

11. Sentient Third Eye
    10:57 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

OH Napier was superior to Ky Joe as well, just based on the sheer sureality of his music. Ok, so the music itself wasn’t great, but the overall performance was sheer genius if taken as performance art. Rest in Peace, OH!

12. TMacFromNichVegas
    11:01 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

UK Conspiracy theory? MaryJo Perino has an affair with Joker Phillips?

13. J-Dub421
    11:14 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

That dude better be glad he’s in Tennessee and a state away from Anthony Epps….

14. Cat House
    11:15 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Matt and Ryan are being ridiculous. This guy was not being serious.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:27 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

No, it was a very poor choice to express the sentiment on the air. Had he said ” I wish she would trip on her shoelaces. …” it would be different. If he had said it in private, we wouldn’t care (and wouldn’t know)

You can hear the surprise from his co-hosts. They were less than impressed. The young lady is a talented student -athlete whose only transgression against this guy was to beat down his Lady Vols. I would want either of my daughters to be the bigger person in this case but would have no issue if after graduation I had to bail them out for busting his nose with a beer bottle. Again, would prefer that they simply embarrassed him in public or ignore him completely but he deserves any and all negative publicity that he receives.

• AirForceOne
      11:28 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Having listened to Jacoby, I think he would do it if he could get away with it. The guy is mental.

15. Denim King
    11:16 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

that comment was pretty dumb but it’s been discussed too much at this point. the guy who said it is an idiot, leave it at that.

16. Denim King
    11:27 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

There have been COUNTLESS Abe Vigoda death hoaxes over the years… VIGODA LIVES!!!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:33 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Tessio is immortal.

17. UKCAT17
    11:32 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Matt, have you discussed auditor Mike Harmon saying he will continue the UofL audit?

Video of Harmon’s speech:

• UKCAT17
      11:33 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Topic comes up at 2:08 mark of video

18. CATandMONKEY
    11:36 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

My Merrick days were pre-Gillespie. I can still believe it based on his other documented transgressions.
    However, this one almost makes him cooler.

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

I sincerely wish the former players who played at UK under BCG would get together and write a tell-all book. I bet it would be epic.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:54 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

I have been waiting about 5 years for Matt’s uncensored Billy G . Podcast. I would pay for it and have several times offered to pony up at least a C-note towards adult refreshments for the podcast participants.

19. Denim King
    11:40 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

If Lil’ Stevie Wonder isn’t blind, that’s quite the long con. Dude has been perpetrating blindness since he was born, which was 6 weeks premature. Dude is a planner!

20. J-Dub421
    11:50 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Of course Rondo and Cousins like each other, they are both super passionate and want to win.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:56 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Rondo and Cousins is a match made in Heaven. They probably don’t even need a coach.

21. RealCatsFan
    11:54 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Matt, what about Nazr? Long time rep for BBN in the NBA!

Archie continues to make them “eat dey feet” in Phoenix.

• Denim King
      11:58 am January 27, 2016 Permalink

Archie got a bad rap. He was saddled with basically the entire scoring responsibility on Cal’s worst UK team, the year after his best. On a better team he would have been well-liked.