KSR is live from lovely Cleveland, Ohio today (Wednesday Show Thread)

Matt and I are coming to you live from the beautiful city of Cleveland this morning for two hours of Kentucky Sports Radio radio. Tune in as we look ahead to Kentucky vs. West Virginia, Kentucky vs. Notre Dame/Wichita State, and our next five days in The Land.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

33 Comments for KSR is live from lovely Cleveland, Ohio today (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:56 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

I am so ready for the game tomorrow!! Hopefully our guys will be rested and ready to go as well as me. The post game show should be epic.

2. Realme
    10:04 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

I watched the video of the guys playing Super Smash Bros last night right before bed, and then I dreamed that the Twins were coming to work where I work, and Willie asked me for my autograph, because he was going around trying to make the fans feel special. So watch that video and have good dreams.

3. secrick
    10:16 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

This should be a great game, can’t wait . Already a little nervous , W.V. plays a push and shove game and we have got to be tough. We should pull ahead at the end for 14 point win.

4. J-Dub421
    10:21 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

I feel like Gollum, I both love and hate being undefeated. I love being undefeated because its awesome. I hate it because it adds a whole new level of stress and anxiety to the tournament.

• Realme
      10:23 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

That probably speaks for all of us. Is Our Precious the team or the trophy?

• Cat House
      10:24 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

On the other hand, anybody who wants to hang a banner must be undefeated for 6 games.

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

Undefeated for 6 games and undefeated for 40 games are two entirely different things.

Raleme, it’s sort of both. The team and the trophy are the Precious.

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

I don’t get why anybody would be more stressed going for 40-0 than trying to win the NCAAT. Perfect regular season/SECT and winning the NCAAT are two entirely different goals.

• Realme
      10:54 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

Good for those of you who don’t feel extra stress about whether or not the team will go 40-0, something that has never been done, in almost 10,000 attempts. To me, it is so much more stressful because this team is so good it is pretty much supposed to do this. Much more pressure than watching them overchieve as a lower seed.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

Except that if we lose a game now, it’s over. The season ends. This is the NCAA Tournament, if we lose we go home. It’s no longer about the undefeated season, it’s about winning the title. To come so far undefeated and lose now would be devastating. That is why I’m anxious.

5. satcheluk
    10:26 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

WV has better meth!

6. J-Dub421
    10:29 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

Andrew and Tyler have combined for zero (0) turnovers in our last three games.

7. J-Dub421
    10:40 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

Johnson isn’t the best player for Arizona, Hollis-Jefferson is.

8. J-Dub421
    10:43 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

In a flame war vs. Jeff Goodman, my money is on Drew Franklin.

9. satcheluk
    10:45 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

Drew vs Goodman-It’s on like Donkey Kong!

10. JoeMoney333
    10:52 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

I love when Matt gives advice or tells you how it is with relationships and kids.

11. bigbluecoop
    11:10 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

2010 game was a freak anomaly. WVU was a 2 seed and UK was dominating them in the first half, then WVU went crazy from the 3 point line, making 8, including 1 (maybe 2) from a guy that hadn’t made one all season. They made 0 2-point shots, having 4 or 5 blocked. Watched the 1st half Monday night, couldn’t get myself the watch the rest.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:10 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

Rick Bozich on the WDRB site said he voted for Bennett.

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

A Louisville homer voted for Bennett? Color me shocked!

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

What was his justification? I’m curious.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

J-Dub, not going to give him any clicks by linking to him, but basically he said that he voted before they lost. If the vote was after the championship, he would not have voted for him. Basically he voted for him because he won the ACC without any McD’s kids on the roster. He went on to toss in a jab against Cal by mentioning UK’s recruiting advantages, according to him, that included the Coal Lodge, World Wide Wes, etc. Of course, that prompted all of the mouth breathing Louisville trolls to jump on the comments section with their talk of sleazy Cal and UK cheating, etc. We need some UK fans to jump on there and defend us. I did my part!

• J-Dub421
      11:40 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

I don’t want to give them any clicks either. I decided about a month ago to stay off other message boards because they’re just filled with haters from all other fan bases who bash Cal. It’s impossible to reason with any of them, they ignore facts and logic, so I decided to quit wasting my time.

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

You and me too, J-Dub. Life’s too short to get your blood pressure up over internet message boards. You could end up like this guy.

13. jman3715
    11:17 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

Can I get areola cheese on the cod sandwich?

14. Ave
    11:18 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

As the 2010 WV game keeps getting bought up, think about if Meeks stayed his senior year. He would’ve had to given up some responsibility but we would’ve had a deadly shooter

• J-Dub421
      11:20 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

If we’d had Meeks that season we would have won the title for sure.

• UKFaninNY
      11:27 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

I feel the same way about Anthony Davis and this year –

In other words, who cares? He wasn’t on the team so it doesn’t matter

15. mjblue2
    11:36 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

dave concepcion

16. mjblue2
    11:37 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

I’m a huge Reds fan. This shocked me too.

17. Big Curt
    11:41 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

One American I would like less than Crean? We’ve already had him. It Billy G.

18. Boone
    11:42 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

Billy Gillispie

19. Big Curt
    11:53 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

Any chance the team uses the fact that Cal didn’t get Coach of the Year as locker room material?
    Just curious………

20. J-Dub421
    11:54 am March 25, 2015 Permalink

If you name your children after alcohol, you open yourself and them to ridicule. Also if you name your daughters after alcohol, expect them to become strippers…