KSR is live from Lancaster! (Friday Show Thread)

Today, KSR is live from First Southern National Bank (27 Public Square) in Lancaster to preview tomorrow’s game at Florida, Calipari’s “30 for 30” preview, and all sorts of random stuff in between.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

61 Comments for KSR is live from Lancaster! (Friday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    9:59 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

If you hear babies crying at Cameron Indoor, it’s probably just Coach K and Grayson Allen…..
    Should they take them outside?

• secrick
      10:18 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

You think Atlanta will beat New England, I don’t.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:43 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

New England by 9. If there were a way on this website to place a gentleman’s wager for 2 bills on a straight up win/loss I would send m cash to STD to hold in escrow.

You most definitely should take them outside!

2. ukjaybrat
    9:59 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

hi all! happy friday!
    really hope fox and mulder are playign tomorrow or it’s going to be a long game.

anybody have anything fun going on for super bowl ?

3. secrick
    10:19 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Any body on here for New England besides me?

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Probably not, everybody likes an underdog. I just hope it’s a good game.

• truebluethroughandthrough
      10:29 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Yep!

• ukjaybrat
      10:32 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

my second team behind uk is michigan, and tom brady is a michigan dude. so i want him to succeed because of that. but also because most people hate tom brady and the patriots. so i also get off rooting for the guy/team that everyone hates.

So I am leaning toward the patriots, but i really don’t have a dog in the fight besides that. i just want to see a good game. Maybe if Tamme were playing i’d like to see him get a ring. If the packers were in though, i’d definitely be rooting for them.

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Jay; do you like Allen/Duke….everybody hates ’em?

• J-Dub421
      10:37 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

I kind of like the Patriots. As a UK fan I appreciate a good dynasty. Getting to the top is hard, staying there is harder.

• ukjaybrat
      10:40 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

RG454 – Well let’s not get carried away LOL.

I meant outside of my rivalry though. if i was a jets/steelers/ravens/colts fan, I would probably despise the patriots just as much as i despise duke.

• runningunnin.454
      10:44 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

J-Dub, UCLA won 10 titles in 12 years including 7 straight…..how do you feel about the Bruins.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:45 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Born and raised! I suffered through the Eason and somewhat the Grogan years. No bandwagon here. A damn yankee in KY for the past 23 …almost 24 years.

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

That’s totally different because I have a college team that I cheer for: UK. There is Kentucky, and then there’s everyone else. In college ball, Kentucky is the only dynasty for me. I have no NFL team that I cheer for and never have. Generally I cheer for teams with former UK players, but I don’t watch much NFL really. I’m not going to be depressed if the Patriots lose like I would after a UK loss.

• ukjaybrat
      10:58 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

i actually don’t mind ucla too much. they are ALLLL the way over there on the left coast, so i dont have to deal with them as much. plus, back then they basically had a free ride to the final four every year because the west was (and for the most part still is) terrible at basketball.

granted, i say that now. I have a budding hatred for them because we’ve lost the last 2. but it’s fine. we’ll get them back in the classic next year (hopefully).

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

UKJaY and J-Dub…..thought so.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:00 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

That is the weird thing about growing up in New England. College sports are tertiary to most. I grew up a Dartmouth fan because the campus was 6 miles from my house but losses did not sting or even really register. We just loved the homecoming parades and winter carnival ice sculptures. Pro sports rules New England. College sports barely register for most and are super-local. So many colleges in a stone’s throw.

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Agreed Jay, they are starting to get on my nerves more the last couple of years. I’ll admit, Alford has done a much better job there so far than I thought he would.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:08 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

I honestly don’t recall that episode (sadly) but my dad, a casual but proud fan always pointed out how slovenly we Bruins fans appeared when compared to the Montreal Canadians’ fans. A bit of an inferiority complex I suppose. Those ” cannucks” could at least speak two languages despite the fact that they pretended to only speak French…And my Dad married into a primarily French-speaking family. He wears his linguistic ignorance with an absurd pride that disarms even the most vehement Quebecois nationalists.

• Pats have enough hardware, and I used to live in GA, so I have to go with the Falcons!

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

RG, as I said though I didn’t grow up cheering for any NFL team. I grew up a UK fan. Once Brady/Belichick retire they will likely have a drop-off, and I won’t care because I’m only a casual fan.

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:46 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Boston Bruins? All about them, Lol .

• CATandMONKEY
      10:54 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

I am still unable to consistently navigate the correct reply button. UK Grad degree did not prepare me for KSR. Self-admitted Total fail.

• runningunnin.454
      10:56 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Did you see the Cheers episode where the guy from N.Y. said the Bruins are a bunch of sissies, and a customer said “I resent that”;
      “Why, are you a Bruins fan”?
      “No, I’m a Bruin, let’s go outside and I’ll show you some of the sissy things they penalized me for”.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:10 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Reply fail again. I surrender and claim to be below a UofL fan. Damn!

5. secrick
    10:56 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

All the jealous people say the Patriots cheat kind of like they did about Cal when he came here. That’s one reason i’m for them. I think Bilichek just out smarts the other coaches and the NFL kind of like Cal.

• ukjaybrat
      11:00 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

to be fair he does live on the edge of the rulebook. but i agree. they haven’t been proven of anything as far as i’m concerned. there is a “reasonable explanation” for everything they’ve done so far.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:06 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Kentucky’s best player in history has never knowingly cheated during competition. You can’t argue deflate-gate. With that said, Brady did his time and paid his dues. Pats deserve to be there and will probably win. Doesn’t mean I have to respect him as a player. Great player, one of the greatest, but will have an asterisk next to his name in the books from me.

• runningunnin.454
      11:21 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

This is a downer, I know, but to be honest, Ralph Beard and Alex Groza admitted “shaving points” in the late ’40’s; I think had that not happened the Cats would have won both the NCAA and NIT tournaments.
      They had already won the NCAA championship. Rupp said to Harry Lancaster during that game….”there’s something wrong with this team”.

• ukjaybrat
      11:23 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Do I think the balls were deflated? yeah probably…
      but they never proved he did it nor that he had knowledge of it being done.

Just like they never proved rose cheated on his sat nor that cal or anyone at Memphis knew about it.
      but they punished them anyway.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

The point shaving scandal was not one of our finer moments. Nor was the Emory envelope incident. However most teams have a few skeletons in their closets, and ours have been few and far between.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

I’m sorry, but I will always find it hard to believe that an Emory envelope full of cash just spontaneously “popped open”. I actually find it hard to believe that someone would be dumb enough to send that much cash in the mail to begin with, but the Andre McGee thing is hard to believe too. The Emory thing just sounds like a frame job to me. UK most probably had some underhanded dealings going on behind the scenes, but the revelation of such had some “help” from a rival program. I think UCLA had some similar shady dealings going on, but no one ever had the balls to call them out while it was happening. Same goes for Duke.

• runningunnin.454
      11:45 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Agree, and Dwane Casey was the scapegoat; glad to see he’s found success in the NBA.
      I have heard the UCLA rumors; the only difference from the UL thing is that UL used women off the street; and, UCLA used Hollywood starlets.

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Oh, I firmly believe UCLA cheated back in Wooden’s day. Google Sam Gilbert if you want to know more. But no one will ever call out or tarnish the legacy of Wooden. Same with Saint K at Duke. Maguette and Thomas both took money, but K is untouchable.

Meanwhile everyone vilifies Coach Cal….

6. J-Dub421
    10:59 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

This season, I feel like no one has taken more hard hits/fouls that Briscoe. I have been concerned he’ll get injured.

• ukjaybrat
      11:01 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

yeah he’s on the floor in every game. and sometimes takes a minute to get up.

• runningunnin.454
      11:03 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Last game, either Bilas or Musburger said Briscoe was the toughest player he’s seen….”he should be a running back”.

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

He sat out a game after the bruised tailbone from a hard fall he took when someone fouled him. He gets hit in the face a lot as well (which never gets called). Plus he drives all the time and gets fouled hard. Fortunately Briscoe is a tough dude, but I still worry about him.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:11 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

I want Briscoe on my team

7. secrick
    11:10 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Watching the Georgia game the other night it looked to me like the rest of the players where like i don’t want that ball and gave it to Briscoe and said here you go score. I thought Willis was the worst.

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

The problem with Willis is that he has trouble getting his own shot. Someone else has to create for him. He mostly hangs around the three point line and waits for one of the guards to drive, draw his defender, and then kick it to him for an open shot. He’s still a very good shooter though.

• RealCatsFan
      11:25 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

The strange thing is that Willis has athletic talent – I have seen him slash to the rim and attack it with a vengeance. If he would do that more often, they would have to respect it, and it would probably open up more 3-pt opportunities for him.

• ukjaybrat
      11:29 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

willis has good lateral “control” but his acceleration is non existent. meaning he can make great moves in transition but he can’t create a move off the dribble.

8. CATandMONKEY
    11:12 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Tom Brady has far better musical taste and knowledge than the salutatorian from Duke Law.

• RealCatsFan
      11:18 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

I’m not generally one to hate someone just because they are rich, famous or good-looking, so long as they generally seem to be a good human being. But when someone has those breaks in life and insists on being an a-hole at the same time, then I find an intense dislike bubbling up from within. “To whomever much is given, of him will much be required.”

• CATandMONKEY
      11:32 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Just curious, how has Brady proven to be more of an A-hole than most high level celebrity athletes? I generally find most of them in all sports to be highly offensive to the sensibilities of the average Joe.

• ukjaybrat
      11:48 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Definitely agree with C&M on this one.
      All athletes at the top of their game are just complete assholes. it’s the killer instinct that just comes out.
      There are few exceptions. KAT being the super-obvious one.
      look at michael jordan. if we had social media then like we do now, everyone would have hated micahel probably more than they hate brady now. but because all we really saw was him dominating on the court and the post game interviews and him smiling after the wins, he was a great hero. when in actualilty, he was probably a bigger pr!ck than brady. (no offense of course). it’s just how they are wired. it’s why and how they succeed night in and night out.

• J-Dub421
      11:50 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

My man Roger Federer is super nice! 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:56 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

When I first saw KAT play in HS and for the Dominicans, and they were saying we were going to get him, I thought he was too soft for college ball; but, I quickly changed my mind.
      Make no mistake, on the court he has that “mean streak”.

9. CATandMONKEY
    11:16 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

I miss Henderson. Good with the bad.
    Notre Dame is still in Indiana.
    OSU sucks A$$

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

You mean Marshall Henderson? I loved that GIF of him at Auburn. Best GIF ever!

10. secrick
    11:26 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

All i want to say is GO CATS beat Fla. Will be tough and not the end of the world if we lost in there building.

• J-Dub421
      11:51 am February 3, 2017 Permalink

Good news, Fox and Mulder both practiced yesterday and will likely play at Florida on Saturday!