KSR is live from Kennedy’s to get you ready for UCLA (Friday Show Thread)

Wake up, UK students! KSR is live from Kennedy Book Store for today’s show, and they’re giving away a pair of tickets to tomorrow’s UCLA game. Get out of bed and make your way down there. Free parking in the Kennedy’s and Pazzo’s parking lot.

…and now I want some Pazzo’s.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

34 Comments for KSR is live from Kennedy’s to get you ready for UCLA (Friday Show Thread)

1. secrick
    10:15 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Cal wants a close game i say win by 20.

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

If UCLA is cold from the 3 line, it will get very ugly.

• ukjaybrat
      11:12 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

ugly, quickly if they can’t hit the 3. that could be a 40 point game if they are cold

2. J-Dub421
    10:17 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

I want to crush UCLA, and I hope Fox and Monk absolutely tool Lonzo Ball.

3. J-Dub421
    10:18 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Briscoe will take Alford’s lunch money. There is no way Alford can guard him.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:19 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Alford will guard Brad.

5. J-Dub421
    10:29 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Makayla Epps is a beast!

• runningunnin.454
      10:38 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Enjoy watching her play…..plays through injuries with sheer determination.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:50 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

She’s like the John McClane of women’s basketball! She’s a joy to watch.

6. Realme
    10:42 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Does Matt really not understand the Participation Trophy argument isn’t just referring to actual participation trophies? The idea is that there is a generation of young people who have had mommy, daddy, teacher and coach helicoptering their lives so that nothing hard or difficult has to happen, so they don’t learn personal responsibility and hard work. Matt acts like people literally think a generation is ruined by trophies, instead of buy the current culture.

That said, I think all generations have their mix of good and bad, just like any people group. Reality is always somewhere in between the 2 extreme sides of an argument.

• ukjaybrat
      11:19 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

i used to get participation trophies when i was younger, i threw them all away. you can guess what side of the argument i stand on.

• ukjaybrat
      11:20 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

one time i even threw one in the trash can right next to the baseball field because i was so angry we lost the game and i had to wait to be handed my stupid participation trophy AFTER i had to sit there and watch the winners get their actual first place trophies.

• Realme
      11:24 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

I like your attitude. πŸ™‚

• EXACTLY what I was thinking Realme. It’s not just the trophies. That is just a symptom of a much larger problem. This safe space culture is absolutely insane.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:49 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Matt has had LOTS of girlfriends? The generosity of women never ceases to amaze me!
    Actually, my wife walks very fast, and is always way ahead of me…I’m saying, “Where’s the fire”?

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Lol, I’m a fast walker too, and my husband is always telling me to slow down. πŸ™‚

• ukjaybrat
      11:18 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

i always walk fast because im usually putting out metaphorical fires whenever i’m at work. i have to force myself to walk behind people when i’m walking in a pack or else i will instinctively walk way too fast and then just look weird standing there every few seconds waiting for them to catch up.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:59 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

I had to take a work call – was that actually Jeff Walz on the line?

9. Wow, such a slow Show Thread for the day before a UCLA game. I’m in a meeting, so hold the fort down for me.

CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Yep – I guess everyone took an early Friday lunch.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:17 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

I think the biggest threat for this team’s ultimate success is the grind of a long season. Call it fatigue, boredom, peaking too early, whatever, but the season is a marathon, and more than a little luck is involved with winning a championship, or even going to a FF. I go back to that 2015 team that looked so unbeatable early in the season. I mean, we had Townes, Lyles, Booker, Ulis, the Harrisons, etc., for Chrissakes! I think once that team got into the conference season, the level of intensity with the defense went down a notch. Hopefully this team will be able to maintain or even elevate their intensity as the season wears on!

• ukjaybrat
      11:23 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

i think part of it was exactly that. the intensity on defense went down. and we didn’t really see it til that dude from wvu opened his mouth in the tourney and we beat them by 1000

• Booker’s shooting going stone cold late in the season was the bigger problem IMO. Cal sitting on the ball against Wisconsin didn’t help.

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

I think we could run the table in the SEC. Multiple SEC teams have already lost games to mid-major teams. I kmow they’ll play out of their minds against us, but I don’t know if that will be enough.

• ukjaybrat
      11:35 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

yes but several teams have beaten ranked opponents

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

I won’t freak out if we drop a game or anything. I really do think the pressure of trying to go undefeated and be the first team to ever go 40-0 caught up to us in 2015. I thought we looked tighter and tighter the deeper we went into the tournament.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:26 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

I wish I had some Germ-X last week. Had two co-workers walking around coughing on everything, and now I am hacking too. No one will want to be around me at the game tomorrow.

• Realme
      11:30 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

People who proudly come to work sick are the worst. Keep your germs at home. Now, a ballgame? Can’t miss that!

• ukjaybrat
      11:34 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

just bring a hankie and a germ mask lol

• Realme
      11:38 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Ha ha if you wear a mask you’ll probably get lots of extra elbow room.

• J-Dub421
      11:44 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

I’d much rather the person next to me wore a mask than sat and coughed all over me the whole game.

12. Realme
    11:45 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

It’s settled RCF, you gotta wear a mask. πŸ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Can it be a “Phantom of the Opera Mask” like Tai was wearing? πŸ˜€

I need to find a bright colored ball cap, or maybe some Christmas lights to wear on my head so I show up better on TV. My kids will be watching the game from home, and they want to be able to spot me easily in the crowd. πŸ˜‰ We show up sometimes when they have a camera shot behind the FT shooter facing opposite from the eRupption Zone.

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Batman! Or maybe a Calipari mask…