KSR is live from Keeneland (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt and Ryan are live from Keeneland in Lexington to talk about Saturday’s game vs. Mississippi State, Calipari’s comments yesterday during SEC Basketball Media Day, and UofL receiving its Notice of Allegations from the NCAA. I believe that qualifies as must-listen radio.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

69 Comments for KSR is live from Keeneland (Thursday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    10:21 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

If the punishment phase happens in 6 months, is it possible Rick retires before it happens to avoid any suspensions?

• Realme
      10:24 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

No doubt. He will never allow himself to be held accountable for anything.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:24 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

The only people who willl ever suffer from this are the players who were never involved.

• ukjaybrat
      10:30 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

the only way to punish the people “actually” involved is to take away their wins and championship but that’s never going to happen bc the ncaa is illogical

• Realme
      10:31 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

But at least they have to worry about it for at least six months.

• J-Dub421
      10:47 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

He could also stay potentially because Rick does love to play the martyr.

2. Wow, Show Thread DEAD again!!! Whatever happened to Jason Burnett (UK_JB)? Maybe his absence is the reason since he was always first, but I see he still makes the Top 10 Tweets pretty regularly.

I heard Briscoe & Humphries on Finebaum on the way home from work yesterday. Isaiah sounds like Mike Tyson!!! Maybe that’s why he’s so tough taking the ball down low, which I love.

GO CATS!!!

• Realme
      10:25 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

I doubt JB no longer making one comment per day and then leaving has anything to do with it, but yes, he seems to have migrated over to twitter.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:28 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

This place is drying up. I even tried starting arguments last week, and it barely helped at all. Everyone is leaving here and becoming 140-character twits. Sad.

• DrSayre
      10:29 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

I feel like UK_JB’s work keeps him from doing the show thread that much anymore

• ukjaybrat
      10:32 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

i wonder why matt and the gang prefer the twitter route. don’t they get more money with clicks on their site?

• Realme
      10:32 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Maybe but it doesn’t keep him from Twitter. Speaking of people we don’t see much here anymore, hey Dr S! πŸ™‚

• The REAL Billy Hill
      10:37 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

I know a few veteran posters who were viciously attacked by you and others because of their POLITICAL beliefs, STE. That couldn’t have helped.

• ukjaybrat
      10:37 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

it’s a lot easier to tweet on a phone than login and type a post on ksr. the mobile interface on this site blows. but they already know that. apparently there is going to be a website/mobile/app overhaul early next year. curious to see what those changes will look like.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:38 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Is it THAT difficult to multitask and occasionally reference comments and questions from the people that actually provide clicks and revenue on the website?
      Twuck Fitter.

• Realme, you’re right about JB. I was using that to try to start SOME discussion. πŸ™‚

I did finally create a Twitter account about a year and a half or 2 years ago, but I use it rarely. It’s just not appealing enough for me to be on it constantly. I don’t have notifications set up or anything. I just send a tweet about once every 3-6 months, and it’s usually an attempt to make the Top 10. I succeeded with my very first tweet. Since then: bupkis!!! Hah! πŸ™‚

• Realme
      10:42 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

I love Twitter for during games, but to talk about show topics with multiple internet friends, instead of tweeting only to Matt, show thread wins easily for me.

• ukjaybrat
      10:46 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

i don’t remember if i made the top ten but i did get a whole post written about us in the final four 2 years ago. we all made t shirts with WCS on them (even the baby) and sent it to Hessler back when she was doing top 10

• ukjaybrat
      10:47 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

yeah if you want to talk TO someone on ksr, twitter is the way to go, but it’s hard to talk with a group of friends all at once on twitter

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Can’t share recipes and Seinfeld quotes on twitter. πŸ˜‰

• You are correct ma’am!!!

• I’m usually on the Live Blog during games, but it’s actually hard to pay attention to the game as well as the LB. I don’t know how Matt & MTT and the rest do the game, LB AND Twitter at the same time. I guess I’m just not a multi-tasker, even though all employers want you to be.

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

I’ve had the same problem Chris. I end up missing what’s happening in the game while trying to keep up with the liveblog.

• Realme
      11:09 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Can’t follow the live blog either. Complete chaos. We need a show thread member comment section instead. Or a group text. πŸ™‚

• ukjaybrat
      11:10 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

i can’t do the live blogs because we are almost ALWAYS watching the game on a delay because someone showed up late or the baby pooped herself… which isn’t terrible. we get to fast forward through commercials and halftime. but then it’s basically media blackout until we catch up or we’ll see the score somewhere

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:42 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Real Billy, Actually, I was the one attacked, and I defended myself by demolishing his sad little online reality with only two sentences. Perhaps he will turn away from the fascism of progressivism. If that happens, he’ll thank me for freeing him from a hateful and oppressive cult.

• The REAL Billy Hill
      11:51 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Whatever you say, looney tune.

• J-Dub421
      11:59 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Actually, you attacked me on a personal level because I disagree with you. Also, I’m a her, not a him.

3. The REAL Billy Hill
    10:27 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

I’d like to hear cats paws take on all of this. Lol

• cats paw
      3:51 pm October 20, 2016 Permalink

sure. absolutely no one cares anything about this but for the cheerleaders like yourself. the ONLY national louisville story right now is how great their football program is! have fun in your dream world thinking anyone cares

• J-Dub421
      4:12 pm October 20, 2016 Permalink

Actually it’s front page news on MSN and ESPN.

• UKBlueGreen
      5:10 pm October 20, 2016 Permalink

Atta boy!! Go Cats!!

4. InigoMontoya
    10:36 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

“…2 declined sex acts, and a partridge in a pear tree.”

5. Laker Cat 18
    10:45 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

The KSR website has given me fits the last couple weeks.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:45 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

It keeps locking up when I try to comment on most occasions. I’m surprised it’s letting me today. Could be the reason for a slow show thread.

• ukjaybrat
      10:48 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

yeah i got locked up this morning. but that rarely happens

• J-Dub421
      10:50 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Have you tried using an ad blocker? That helped me a lot.

• Ad Block rocks!

• CATandMONKEY
      10:55 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

This site crashes my mobile browsers (all of them- Boat, Dolphin, Samsung and Chrome) multiple times in one hour. Crashes IE at work, crashes IE and Chrome at home. Multiple platforms, multiple computers, all equipped with more than enough firepower to handle far more complex and demanding applications and data.

• ukjaybrat
      11:06 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

i use ad blocker but not on ksr.
      granted i never go to the front page. the front page is a memory HOG with all of the pictures trying to load.

I get every KSR article emailed to me and i click through straight to the articles of the ones I want to read.

• Yeah, even Ad Block only does so much with the home page. Sir Charles says “It’s turrible!!!”

6. runningunnin.454
    10:47 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Looks like the NCAA “split the baby”. Heretofore, that meant wisdom and the art of compromise….obviously the phrase takes on a new connotation here.

7. J-Dub421
    10:56 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

I am fairly certain Jaquan Lyle was one of the “declined sex acts.”

• Realme
      10:58 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

I wish we lived in a world where more than 2 of 13 would have decided against the hooker benefits. So gross.

8. kentuckybobby
    10:58 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

I know only 3 of you all get on here and talk to yourselves all day. But the callers on KSR might have a combined IQ of 5. Terrible…

THANK$ FOR VI$ITING THE WEB$ITE AND LI$TENING TO THE $SHOW ——-

• Realme
      11:00 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Please try to make sense. Are you making fun of us for participating, or acting like we hate Matt and wouldn’t want to give his website clicks? Going both directions with that makes you sound crazy.

• The REAL Billy Hill
      11:04 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Says the guy who listened to the show, then visited the site, and then commented.

What a mental giant you are….

• J-Dub421
      11:05 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

If other people choose not to participate in an open online forum, there’s not much I can do about it.

• kentuckybobby, I’ll have you know there are at least FOUR people on here! Hah! Take THAT!!! πŸ˜‰

• The REAL Billy Hill
      11:52 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

In bobbys defense, Darryl does drop everyone’s collective IQ when he calls.

• The REAL Billy Hill
      11:53 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

“‘Ay, fellers..”

9. ukjaybrat
    11:01 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

This is my favorite part of the entire thing:

“The NOA does contain a narrower allegation β€” which we will dispute β€” that Coach Pitino failed to demonstrate that he monitored Mr. McGee.”

So Louisville and their fans have been saying for months that Pitino didn’t know anything. It all happened behind his back. But now all of a sudden, they want to argue that Pitino WAS monitoring Mr. McGee… well which is it? either Pitino didn’t know anything and was NOT monitoring him, or he was monitoring him in which case there’s no way he didn’t know what was going on… you can NOT have it both ways.

10. secrick
    11:08 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Pitino knew what was going on and most card fans know that but are saying he didn’t just to try and save face. Hopefully they will still lose that banner and should lose several games . Look what happen to Syracuse. Its funny as hell, when we hired Cal the card fans were like you guys are going to be in trouble for sure and it’s the cards that are in trouble. I love it and hope the ncaa does the right thing and takes away all the games they won during this time. I know wishful thinking.

11. ukjaybrat
    11:12 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

“Its funny as hell, when we hired Cal the card fans were like you guys are going to be in trouble for sure and it’s the cards that are in trouble.”

Would I be elated if the cards lose their 13 banner? Well yeah. But hoenstly, I don’t really care what else happens to them because i will always have this and they will never ever again be able to say “We win the right way and UK are a bunch of cheaters”

12. Realme
    11:16 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Does Matt’s theory that Cal would have left if that team had gone 40-0 make the fact that we didn’t easier? Would we rather have that perfect season, 9th championship, or Cal coaching the current team today?

• secrick
      11:21 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

9TH Championship.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

This is like Sophie’s Choice, that Final Four loss was brutal and will likely haunt us forever, but I love have Cal as our coach.

• J-Dub421
      11:25 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

*having.

• Both would be awesome, but #9 and a 40-0 record all.day.long. We’ve won an average of basically 1 every 10 years since Rupp became coach.

We went 20 years between 58 and 78, another 18 years between 78 and 96, then another 14 years between 98 and 2012. As great as Cal is, we’ve also had years like 2013 and last year. We don’t know that he’ll win another natty.

#9 AND 40-0 ALL.DAY.LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Realme
      11:32 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

I can’t answer my own question. I’ve changed my mind a dozen times.

• Oh, and don’t even get me started on ALL the years we’ve come oh so close but fell short, 2015 only being 1 of many.

• And I usually don’t engage in the silly hypotheticals like “Would you rather win another bball natty, or a football SEC ‘ship”, because I want to win in every sport.

But apparently the Cal thing may have happened if we had gone 40-0, so that’s why I gave my opinion. This program is bigger than 1 coach, although we still have to have the RIGHT coach, and Cal’s the absolute right coach for this time.

• ukjaybrat
      11:52 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

lots of schools win championships, but only one other school has won 9 of them and no school has ever gone 40-0. that would have been a nice one to have.

13. TPACAT
    11:37 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Leave it to Matt to like Vice News. Just watch their “Viceland” TV channel for about 5 minutes (if you can stomach it) and you’ll see some of the most anti-American millennial drivel imaginable.

14. secrick
    11:37 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

Of course i agree with CHRISGETTELFINGER, but he said it a lot better than i did. I still think the Cards banner is coming down. Sorry guys i can’t let it go.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

It should come down because they played ineligible players.

• ukjaybrat
      11:54 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

*they played players that received impermissible benefits

Receiving impermissible benefits does not automatically identify a player as ineligible. That will be determined when punishments are handed down.

• ukjaybrat
      11:55 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

the Notice of Allegations is basically just a summarization of the facts of the matter.
      “he did this. they did that.she paid for this” … now Louisville has 60 days to dispute any of those “facts” and then the ncaa has 60 days to decide what those facts mean and the punishment to hand down.