KSR is live from Hudson Toyota in Madisonville! (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt and Drew are at Hudson Toyota (1055 Crossing Place) in Drew’s hometown of Madisonville for stop #6 on the KSR Summer Tour. Come on out to say hello, listen to them talk about the Cats, and the chance to win tickets from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com.

**POLL QUESTION OF THE DAY**

survey software

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Here’s an updated list of tour stops. We’re still finalizing a few, so be sure to check back as the week goes on.

July 1: Madisonville — Hudson Toyota

July 29: Benton — Kennedy’s Fan Shop
July 30: Paducah — Buffalo Wild Wings
July 31: Fancy Farm

August 3: Bowling Green — Chaney’s Dairy Barn
August 4: McKee — Old Courthouse Community Room
August 5: Glasgow — Papa John’s
August 6: Jamestown —Lawless-Smith True Value and Appliance Center (Russell Springs)
August 7: Monticello — Conley Bottom Resort

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville — Sun Tropic Outdoors
August 13: Lexington — All Sports at Fayette Mall
August 14: Louisville

gotc-ksr

GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com is giving away UK basketball and football tickets at every tour stop this summer. That’s 33 chances to win, and all you have to do is come out to listen to your favorite radio show. That’s so easy even Ryan Lemond could do it!

31 Comments for KSR is live from Hudson Toyota in Madisonville! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:45 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Cal is here to stay.

I guess there is no Husdon Nissan anymore in Nicholasville. So Shannon would be upset that he can’t see that girl on TV anymore.

Well I am glad I don’t eat Pizza Hut that much. I like me some Papa Johns.

2. Realme
    10:18 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

I can’t even vote. The first 2 choices both made me genuinely depressed. Don’t know which is worse.

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:21 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

NIce prank fellas.

In high school, we took one kids address and contact info and signed him up for a bunch of free stuff online. He had trials of free toilet paper, tampons, condoms, razor blades, etc. all shipped to his house. That was one of our better moments.

4. HudsonNissan
    10:33 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

We really are not planning to sell Hudson Toyota and leave our customers without guidance on the lifetime warranty. We promise we won’t repeat Hudson Nissan.

5. Elmer Otis Skaggs
    10:36 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Drive American

6. Hung Lo
    10:37 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Go Cats

7. J-Dub421
    10:41 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

If we’d have to take Oklahoma, then I’d want Kansas to be the other Big 12 team taken.

8. Big Curt
    10:41 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Taking OK in the SEC would also be a brother vs brother coaching battle, right? Stoops vs Stoops?
    Yes, please..

9. ukjaybrat
    10:47 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

In the moment, I took the West Virginia loss harder than the rest of these.
    I blacked out, broke my phone and got hungover/sick for a 14 hour car ride the next day. I don’t think i took any other loss that bad.

Right now, looking back, Wisconsin hurts the most (so I voted for it).

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

The WVU loss sucked, but I didn’t expect us to win the tournament in Cal’s first year. I kind of expected to win the title last season, plus we were only 2 games from making history. I don’t think I’ll ever get over that Wisconsin loss.

• Realme
      11:02 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Right now, Wisconsin hurts the most, but I don’t know which I will look back on as worse 5 years from now. I was so in love with the Wall/Cousins team, and the idea of them losing at that point in the tournament wasn’t even on my radar, so it was a horrible shock. This year I had been expecting the worst in some way, it just felt too good to be true, and too dangerous to get my hopes all the way up.

10. Tampa satchel
    10:49 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

OU or KU

Pretty sure OKlahoma law prohibits OU from moving without OSU.

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

I had forgotten about that. I think you’re right. I wonder if the SEC would fight them on this if a deal starts to go down?

11. Laker Cat 18
    10:52 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Tara Conner is from Russell Springs. Went to school with her.

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Is she related to Sara Connor?

• Laker Cat 18
      11:24 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Absolutely not. However, I could make a movie out of some of the stories I have. Live a very interesting life. LOL

• J-Dub421
      11:25 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

I was just going with the obvious Terminator joke. 🙂

12. J-Dub421
    11:11 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

When the Yum Center was built, they built it with special oversized doors, freight elevators, etc. to make it easier for large stage shows to get in and set up, etc. This is a big part of why Rupp needs to be updated, not just for basketball, but to be modernized in general.

13. J-Dub421
    11:13 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Murray is 6’5″, Matthews is 6’5″, and Briscoe is 6’3″, I wouldn’t really call that short or undersized.

14. Greg the Hammer Valentine
    11:13 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Mike and Mike and other ESPN folks are saying that Cal’s people start these NBA rumors and the Cal shoots them down. Said he does it on purpose.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Mike and Mike are morons.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:25 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

That could very well be the case. If it is, it’s genius.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

I highly doubt its true. The UK staff is notoriously tight-lipped and Adrian Wojarnowski (who leaked the info) is not one of the few media people who is close with Cal. I’m not saying it isn’t possible, just very unlikely.

15. J-Dub421
    11:14 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Is Matt referring to Vienna sausages?

16. Brent Grider
    11:17 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Hey Matt, Drew, Ryan, Brent Grider here. I sent out this Facebook Post a couple of weeks ago informing the locals of your uncoming visit to Jamestown Marina in Russell County. I plan on putting it up again about a week before you come…

“A head’s up for all you Kentucky basketball and football fans. Kentucky Sports Radio, also known as KSR, will start their summer tour around the state soon, and I noticed that Russell County is on the schedule! According to their web site, kentuckysportsradio.com, they are slated to be here to do their radio show on August 6 at the Jamestown Marina. Here’s a promo from kentuckynewera.com, “Adored by Kentucky fans and loathed by the majority of the mainstream media, Matt Jones has built Kentucky Sports Radio into the largest independent college sports blog in the nation and become one of the most influential radio personalities in the state.”
    Matt Jones and Ryan Lemon are two of the funniest “sports” people I have heard on the radio. They are bolstered by the inimitable, Drew Franklin. Matt is a former lawyer who gave up his practice to do his radio show, and Ryan Lemon is a former anchor of LEX 18 sports in Lexington. KSR can be heard locally on 101.7 FM at 9am central. I usually miss the show, but listen to the podcast on their web site at a later time.
    I invite everyone that has some free time to come on down to the Jamestown Marina on August 6 to hear Matt Jones, Ryan Lemon and Drew Franklin talk UK sports and banter about everything else you can imagine. ..

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

I recommend hitting them up on twitter. The hosts don’t read the show thread.

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Also, it’s Ryan Lemond, not Ryan Lemon.

17. J-Dub421
    11:27 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

NOLA is smart. Davis is worth every penny.

18. J-Dub421
    11:38 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

No, I don’t want any special sauce on my pizza….

19. Realme
    11:38 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

I feel bad for anyone who’s eaten at that Pizza Hut recently. SO gross.

20. J-Dub421
    11:55 am July 1, 2015 Permalink

Pitino is such a liar. He’s slimier than a politician.