KSR is live from Hattiesburg to tell stories (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Mugshots in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Tune in to hear Matt and Ryan recap their trip to Scooba last night, which included run-ins with Buddy Stephens, the Lion Guy, and other East Mississippi Community College celebrities. They’ll also preview tomorrow’s season opener vs. Southern Miss and maybe, one day, get back to the restaurant bracket.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

40 Comments for KSR is live from Hattiesburg to tell stories (Friday Show Thread)

1. ukjaybrat
    10:03 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

just wanted to stop in and say GO BIG BLUE !!!!!
    heading to new york for a week.

Drew, if you see this, we will be in College Station this weekend. if you get bored, hit us up for the game. We’re putting all the meats on a smoker and will likely have a giant fridge full of beer. Way better than an Amish wedding already. 😛

I usually have crappy internet in new york and dont check the show thread much. So hopefully when i’m back we’re 2-0 and talking about the whooping we’re gonna put on the gamecocks.. See you in a week

• Realme
      10:06 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Have fun.

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Have fun and Go Cats!

• RealCatsFan
      11:26 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Who needs internet when you have meats on a smoker and a giant fridge full of beer? Paradise!

• ukjaybrat
      11:35 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Well the meats and beer are in PA. Only there for a couple days.

2. Realme
    10:27 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Happy Friday + 3 day weekend + First UK game!!! Does it get better than that?

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

It’s Sep 1 and 60 degrees football weather. Tomorrow we have the Cats followed by ‘Bama vs Florida State…ain’t America great.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

I’m just happy that my 7:30 PM sand volleyball match got cancelled tonight. Just not as fun when it is 50*, pouring rain, 30MPH wind, and the volleyball weighs as much as a medicine ball.

3. ky196
    10:39 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Please get rid of those stupid “Floetry” commercials. I can’t listen live anymore while those come on. 4 times in a row yesterday!

• RealCatsFan
      11:27 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

I can handle those better than I can the boner medicine commercials and Genesis Diamonds. That and the yappy sounding dude who does the car dealership commercial!

• Realme
      11:29 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

I’ll take all your Flo commercials if you take all of my Magic Vapor Shop ones.

• RealCatsFan
      11:48 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Oh gawd, there it is again – the Conway – Eaton car commercial. Make it stop!!

• Beavis was way better at beat poetry than Flo.

4. JTHinton
    10:40 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

IU had a rly solid receiver, CobbsJr, who was a matchup prob for OSU. Lots of little errors that hurt the Buckeyes in the first half, and yeah IU had a lead two yrs ago

5. JTHinton
    10:41 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Geaux Cats!!!

6. ky196
    10:45 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

I’d like to hear Matt’s opinion on the Kaepernick issue! I served 7 years in the Marine Corps on active duty to protect our freedoms, but that’s not one I signed up for! Just plain disgraceful and disrespectful to a nation that has provided “him” with a pretty nice life!

• runningunnin.454
      10:49 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

I noticed the Cleveland Browns didn’t protest again after their GOAT Jim Brown bashed it. He told them he didn’t trash his flag or his anthem; guess he still carries some weight in Cleveland.
      Thanks for your service.

• RealCatsFan
      11:29 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

I had to read the riot act to my middle school volleyball team for not showing proper respect during the NA. Had kids talking and cutting up during it. Granted, it was just a recorded rendition without the sung lyrics, but c’mon, they can show reverence with their hand on their chest for 1 minute. Kids these days… 😉

7. CATandMONKEY
    10:57 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Go Cats. It is finally here!

8. runningunnin.454
    11:14 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Noticed someone on here claimed an SEC caliber football player is one that loses to Ohio State and Clemson…ha ha ha, SEC has only won 8 of last 12 national football championships.

9. runningunnin.454
    11:25 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Matt’s Fan club President? Whew.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Matt has one of the most successful radio shows in the country. Don’t think he really needs to change anything.

• Realme
      11:28 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

I love it when one listener among thousands decides their opinion is the one that should matter to Matt. Both that mean email and the volume caller.

• RealCatsFan
      11:35 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

I think that was actually Captain Suntan. 🙂

10. DrSayre
    11:41 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

I wonder how many Finebaum listeners remember Matt picking FSU over Alabama back in May?

• Realme
      11:43 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Uh I bet they do, and will remind Pawl.

• runningunnin.454
      11:45 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

A lot of Finebaum’s callers are nuts…talk about annoying; sometimes just have to hit the mute button.

• I know Matt loves Tammy and callers like that, but I can’t take it. Nails on a chalkboard. Phyllis can be funny at times, but I’ve had to turn her off too. The worst in some ways to me is Legend. To me he thinks he’s the best caller of all time and he’s not. JMHO.

• DrSayre
      2:51 pm September 1, 2017 Permalink

Realme, that’s what I hope happens lol. Saturday night/Sunday Matt’s twitter account just starts to randomly blow up for something he said 4 months ago

11. Realme
    11:42 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Apparently Tyler is the only KSR person that realized the eating chips comment was for Mr. Pringle.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:44 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

That KY Joe mixup was actually pretty funny, I thought.

13. My meeting is over. Woohoo! Show Thread kind of slow for the first football Friday.

C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

14. RealCatsFan
    11:52 am September 1, 2017 Permalink

Denny Crum and Joe B. Hall are both member’s of my dad’s generation, and they are treasures that we all must appreciate. As a state, we are very lucky to still have two HOF coaches among us who are living legends. Appreciate them while they are here with us, folks!