KSR is live from DANVILLE (Monday Show Thread)

Welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Dexter Insurance in Danville. Come on out to enjoy the show and register for the chance to win some basketball tickets in one of the best small towns in the state of Kentucky. Of course, it’s my hometown, so I’m biased.

06/12/17: Prestonsburg — StoneCrest Golf Course
06/13/17: London — Sleep Outfitters
06/14/17: Russell Springs — Lawless-Smith True Value Supply
06/15/17: Somerset — Ashley HomeStore
06/16/17: Lexington — Don Franklin Auto Mall

06/19/17: Danville — Dexter Insurance
06/20/17: Leitchfield — Future Designs Building Materials
06/21/17: Louisville — Academy Sports + Outdoors
06/22/17: Henderson — Sleep Outfitters
06/23/17: Owensboro — Don Moore Automotive Group

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

42 Comments for KSR is live from DANVILLE (Monday Show Thread)

1. TT, one of my aunts used to live in Danville when I was a kid! I used to enjoy going there. Do they still have the fire plugs painted to look like toy soldiers? The little dog we had started to growl and woof at one of them when we were at a red light once. I think she wasn’t sure if they were people or not. Funny!

2. runningunnin.454
    10:03 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Ventured over to the Card site to see the UL fans’ comments. Only ONE of over 200 commenters seem to get it.
    “UL sports use to be a source of happiness for me, now it’s one scandal after another”.
    Reply:”The turds over at UK site would welcome you”.
    Reply:”Sorry, I don’t feel like defending a program that pays hookers to get recruits; that must make me a UK fan”.
    Wow, that’s really depressing.

• Mathlete
      10:07 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Well… 0.5% is more than I expected for a Louisville message board. Also, the dynamic sounds familiar – say something less than glowing about UK in the KSR comments and you must be a Louisville troll.

• Realme
      10:07 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

The occasional reasonable fan should be demanding that Louisville clean house so they can start over.

• Mathlete, that is true to some extent, but we all know that certain commenters like cats paw did nothing but bang the drum for the “Puh-eeno” brothers, Rick and Bobby, while criticizing Cal & Stoops. cats paw never had 1 positive thing to say about either.

• ukjaybrat
      10:15 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

i saw that too. dude was just expressing is unappreciation of the state of affairs and they blasted him.

• Mathlete
      10:25 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Some people actually are trolls, but a lot of times it’s just a legitimate criticism and they start getting flamed. As a fan base, we need to chill about that stuff and accept that maybe our team isn’t always perfect. It seems like that kind of thing is everywhere, but BBN *should* be better than that.

• Realme
      10:26 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

I agree with Mathlete. Trolls should get flamed, but some posters are extremely quick to throw out the Louisville Fan label. I’ve been called one before, and I am one of their biggest haters.

• ukjaybrat
      10:28 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

i typically only throw out the troll card when it’s a known troll or someone using multiple usernames from the same ip address (because that used to be a common troll move was to say something stupid then change your name and agree with yourself to make it look like you made a good point)

outside of that, i typically just engage in conversation if i disagree with you or just ignore you if i highly disagree with you.

• Realme
      10:31 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

I love it when they change names to agree with themselves. Classic! I often see a true troll and just keep scrolling, because I know they will be taken care of. Have to be in a certain mood to engage myself.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

There is nothing sadder than a troll who cannot find anyone to take his/her bait. They probably just sit their with their lower lip out stewing.

• Jay, that must have been in the pre-“Login required” days.

• Oh, and the only time I was ever called a troll was when I said “No to playing WKU”. LOL!

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

RCF, like the ones who post the same comment in multiple threads because they’re so desperate for a reaction? Gotta love those.

• ukjaybrat
      10:44 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Chris it was easier back then, but it’s still possible to change your name today. just need a little tech saaviness and an understanding of how wordpress works.

3. ky196
    10:18 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Great that the NCAA has dealt with the hooker scandal somewhat fairly, now when will we start hearing something is “really” going to be done to the tarbums?

• RealCatsFan
      10:27 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

At this point, the NCAA has essentially backed themselves into a corner regarding the tarholes. If they don’t whack them hard, the entire nation will be questioning the legitimacy of the NCAA.

• Realme
      10:34 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Louisville’s punishment gave me some hope that UNC will still get nailed. But then, the NCAA is not known for consistency, so it still seems most likely they won’t get much of anything.

4. patrickwhelan
    10:18 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Does anyone want to ask Luke Hancock why he’s been lying? Rick called everyone involved in the immediate aftermath until the NCAA told him to STOP. 4 years of prostitution in his dorm? 3 different basketball coaches that knew? Over a dozen nights of Katina’s parties and he comes off innocent?

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

I doubt Hancock participated (according to Katina Powell he didn’t, and neither did Djeng or Siva) but they did at least know about it. They are complicit in the cover-up.

5. Sentient Third Eye
    10:18 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

I was just watching American Pickers re-runs yesterday afternoon, and they showed the one when they were at the Pioneer Playhouse in Danville. It was interesting, but the show failed to really explain that outdoor theater is a cultural curiosity in this region much more so than in other states. I don’t think they ever really understood what it was all about.

6. Realme
    10:29 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

The woman from the teleconference doesn’t have to change her mind. The appeal will be heard by a completely different committee.

• RealCatsFan
      10:33 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

That is my main concern about the appeals process, and it is also the last great hope for Louisville – that there will be a bunch of milquetoast people on the appeals committee who will roll over for Jurich & Co.

• Realme
      10:35 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Do you think they’re trying to bribe or threaten them as we speak?

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

You can’t put anything past U of L. That has been proven.

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Realme, I sure hope so, and it would be hilarious if they got caught doing it.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:31 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Almost every Louisville fan I know is against an NBA team coming to the city, and says it would have no chance to succeed. Their reasons for this have little to do with reality. They are against it because it is a threat to UofL’s dominance of sports in the city, and they are also worried that there will be a bunch of ex-UK players on the team. Having a bunch of ex-UK studs playing in YUM on a regular basis would really put sand in their britches.

• ukjaybrat
      10:36 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

that is the only major reason for anyone NOT wanting an nba team come to Louisville. the only other possible logical reason would be that because it would dilute the fact that this state rallies around it’s ncaa teams simply because there is no pro team. But with the history we’ve already planted, i don’t think that will ever change. a pro team will always play second fiddle to UK in this state. i doubt they would sell out every game, but there’s still a lot of money to go around.

8. J-Dub421
    10:43 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

It CANNOT have been just Andre McGee!! There were hookers scheduled after he left U Of L.

• Realme
      10:50 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

The second coach (Brandon Williams or something) has been named, and a third was not named, but referred to in the NCAA report.

• ukjaybrat
      10:58 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

yeah. don’t let anyone tell you it was all mcgee. they are looking for a scapegoat and pretending in their own fantasy land that it was all him because it helps them sleep better at night. the actual documents released by the NCAA tell a completely different story.

• J-Dub421
      11:19 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

That’s a common theme among U of L fans. They are really angry at Andre McGee and think he was “rogue.” There is zero blame/hate going towards the players, the coaches, Jurich, etc. All their hate is directed at McGee and Katina Powell.

• Realme
      11:40 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

HOW ARE THEY NOT MAD AT PITINO?!?!?!?!?

It is literally his program where this was allowed to happen.

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

I don’t know. Their fans are literally ONLY mad at Powell and McGee.

• ukjaybrat
      11:45 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

because getting rid of pitino is admitting he was wrong and it will also set their program back a decade (well this punishment is setting them back three decades, so might as well just get a new coach now)

• Booby Petrino
      12:06 pm June 19, 2017 Permalink

those idiots are still trying to compare Rick and Cal. Just yesterday one of them said “Cal has two programs with vacated losses, so he’s no better than Rick.” Oh dear lord, the most delusional fan base in the country never ceases to amaze me.

9. Realme
    11:09 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Oh, and late comment. This is Matt’s show. If an upcoming guest host wants to bring on Luke Maye, tell him no. That’s just another day I won’t listen, which is a shame, because I like the other guy. I get my fill of trolling through comments. 🙂

10. ky196
    11:16 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

I just found a link that shows UNC’s response to the 3rd notice of allegations that was issued on May 16th. Did I miss Matt commenting on this? https://carolinacommitment.unc.edu/files/2017/05/UNC-Response-to-2016-2nd-Amended-NOA-1.pdf

11. Realme
    11:53 am June 19, 2017 Permalink

Parents aren’t suing because most of their names aren’t being highlighted, so why ask for that publicity. Blakeney is the most famous non-player, and his guardian was clearly fine with it.