KSR is live from Boise (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Boise, Idaho. Tune in to find out what’s happened so far on the guys’ trip and get ready for tomorrow’s opening round game vs. Davidson.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

50 Comments for KSR is live from Boise (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    9:57 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

How about dem Bonnies…I saw it, but I didn’t believe it. That kind of thing will sure bust a bracket…and the Madness begins.

• ClutchCargo
      10:06 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Watched it just to ease back into NCAAT mode, and it was awesome. Really glad that was a play-in game, because I would have taken UCLA every single time in my bracket.

• runningunnin.454
      10:07 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

And the Bonnies were 1-2 against Davidson…oh oh.

• ClutchCargo
      10:10 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Stephen Curry is not walking through that door. I think we are fine.

• runningunnin.454
      10:24 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Maybe Clutch, but I would feel better if AD were walking through the door.

• I missed it! Ahhh!!! I’ll have to look up what happened.

RG, I asked you this the other day but the show had ended: were you really a Gold Gloves boxer? If so, you’re the most eclectic guy I know (even though it’s only through this forum), except for my college professor who had 10 degrees from 10 different colleges & universities.

• Also, in case you all didn’t see the threads, I had suggested that RG needs to become Matt’s bodyguard with all the heated disagreements he’s been getting into, and RG said his Gold Gloves days are over.

Also, in another thread someone said that Grayson Allen needed to be punched. I suggested RG do it since he used to be quite the brawler, and he said “Sorry, I don’t hit girls.” Hilarious!

• runningunnin.454
      10:44 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, I boxed Golden Gloves in Detroit when I was a teenager…won one title.
      But, I was always a hippie at heart…and I’m still a hippie; peace and love now.

• runningunnin.454
      11:07 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

CG, that’s really good. But, by the way, Gold Glove is in baseball, Haha.

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

That means Grayson Allen is fair game for me. I’m your huckleberry.

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Maybe RG will train me?

• I’ve never seen Tombstone, but I saw something on TV that claimed Val Kilmer was allegedly supposed to say another word there, but kind of forgot his line and it came out huckleberry.

• Realme
      11:27 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Get her, JDub!

• J-Dub421
      11:39 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

It’s a great movie CG. You would probably like it. Val Kilmer really stole the show, he was excellent.

• ClutchCargo
      11:42 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

CG, you must see Tombstone asap, or surrender your man card!

• I’ll do that because I don’t want that to happen!

I saw that guy perform the song live at Lulu’s in Gulf Shores, AL. Lulu’s is owned by Lucy Buffet, Jimmy’s sister. There is also now a location in Destin.

• runningunnin.454
      12:58 pm March 14, 2018 Permalink

JD, keep the hands up, keep ’em up, and minimum of two shots below the belt per round.

2. Realme
    10:18 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

My in-laws once thought it was okay to change my nephew’s diaper at the table in Red Lobster.

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, probably a faux pas, but hearing Matt freak out about it is hilarious.

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Are restroom habits a sport? So Matt lifts his leg like a dog…let’s get back to sports. LOL.

• RealCatsFan
      10:21 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Realme, I hope they had the presence of mind to lay the diaper over him to block the fountain.

• Booby Petrino
      10:22 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

that’s so gross, Real. Hopefully you protected the cheddar biscuits. Randall Cobb would hope so.

• Realme
      10:23 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

For the record, they have zero ability to feel shame or embarrassment. It’s truly bizarre. I could tell you worse stories, but I’d rather not relive them.

• RCF, that fountain would be the least of my worries. When my daughter was a baby I had her on the change table, had just removed the wet diaper, and another gushing fountain opened up. All I’ll say is I yelled “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!” and I was scrubbing the walls and the change table with anti-bacterial 409 for a while.

• ClutchCargo
      10:39 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

cg, I have definitely had that happen. Slow motion “NOOOOOOOO!!!” and all. LOL!

• What is the Red Lobster cheddar biscuit/Randall Cobb reference? Is that his favorite food or something? They are awesome BTW.

• Booby Petrino
      10:54 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

gettel: one time when he went to one in Lex with his UK gear on the server didn’t know who he was and she made a comment that we probably wouldn’t win any more games because we’re horrible. Randall said he got up and left even tho he wanted those biscuits bad. So people started tweeting about boycotting Red Lobster and Randall eventually Tweeted out that he loved the biscuits too much to boycott them for good.

• Oh, I gotcha. John Cooper told a similar story about an Ohio State fan telling him, while sitting right next to him at the counter of a diner, how bad the OSU coach was, and he then introduced himself. Doh!

• J-Dub421
      11:22 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Changing a diaper in a place where food is served/where people are eating is terribly unsanitary. Microscopic fecal particles will become airborne and get into people’s food. Gross. I’m with Matt and would probably lose it over such a thing.

• ClutchCargo
      11:45 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

I have changed a lot of diapers, and I would not handle it well if I saw someone changing a diaper at the table.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:31 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

MTSU is super irritated they didn’t get in the big show; they totally smacked Vermont.
    Louisville is going down.

• J-Dub421
      11:20 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

MTSU is right to be angry. They won their conference and have a good record (25-7). They should have gotten in over Oklahoma.

• runningunnin.454
      11:22 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

EVERYBODY should have gotten in over Oklahoma.

4. BTW, I liked STD using the opening line from “What’s Your Name?”
    “Well it’s 8 o’clock in Bois-ay, I-da-ho-o-o…”

Love Skynrd.

5. profmike
    10:48 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Talking about ending the show just adds another depressing tinge to the day.

• Realme
      10:51 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

It does. I was already bummed by how unhappy the players featured in that d league / foreign teams article sounded.

• Realme
      10:52 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

And now that officer in Pike Co. Worst news yet.

• Did I miss something? Did he talk about ending KSR for a run for office?

• Realme
      10:57 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

A caller said he thought that was going to be the big news the other day. It was just the idea of it…

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Yep, he’s running against Trump in 2020. /s

• Not having the KSR pre & post game shows is even worse for me. It’s so much fun, especially when they’re live from the tournament sites (SEC & NCAA). Maybe Cameron Mills could take over since he brings so much energy, and keep Ryan on board for the tomfoolery.

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Seriously, the grass is always greener… but politics won’t be as much fun.

• J-Dub421
      11:25 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

I nominate Ramel Bradley for co-host.

• Realme
      11:27 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Ramel could definitely keep it going better than anybody else.

• ClutchCargo
      11:48 am March 14, 2018 Permalink

Might as well dream big and try to hire away Laura Rutledge from ESPN/SEC. She was by far the best guest host on the show last summer, imho.

• She has a great chemistry with the bald wonder Finebaum.

6. UK Big Board Update