KSR is live at the UK Basketball Luncheon in Louisville (Monday Show Thread)

lunch-louisville

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

40 Comments for KSR is live at the UK Basketball Luncheon in Louisville (Monday Show Thread)

1. Laker Cat 18
    10:12 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

What warrants UK being a 3-point favorite over Vandy next week other than it being at Commonwealth? I wouldn’t be shocked with a big win or a big loss.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:19 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

You hit it. The game is at Commonwealth. Advantage goes to the home team, by about three points if the teams are relatively equal – or so I have read.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:47 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

I’ve always heard that home vs away translates to a TD difference, which would be 3.5 points comparing home to a neutral site. By that standard, gamblers are saying they think Vandy is 0.5 points better than us on a neutral field.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:12 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

That certainly seems reasonable. I may have been thinking basketball points.

Regardless of the spread, we can and should win this game. We have the talent and at times, both sides have shown real ability and effort.

It is up to the coaching staff to bring the O and D up to the level of which they are capable.

2. Realme
    10:17 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

Can we never have the defense and offense play well at the same time? Have we ever? It seems like since I’ve been watching, we can’t have both.

• J-Dub421
      10:23 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

We were simply outmatched in that game. You could really see the depth of Alabama in the second half. Our defense fought hard, but were clearly gassed in the second half.

• Realme
      10:25 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

It feels like the more the defense improves, the more the offense turns it over and makes mistakes.

3. J-Dub421
    10:21 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

I saw definite improvement, especially on defense. With the exception of the fumbles, we played pretty well, and I was pleased with how hard our guys played the whole game. I have some hope for the winnable games left on our schedule and feel better about our chances for the rest of the season.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:26 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

We lost by about what we expected but for most of the first half, minus the flubs, still played real football with the best team in the country.

NOT a reason to celebrate but perhaps a miniscule reason to hold hope for a few of our future contests.

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

I knew we’d lose that game before the season started. Alabama is the best team we’ll play all year. Vandy is not Alabama. I just feel better about our chances due to the way our team played.

• cats paw
      11:40 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

moral victories!!! lets give stoops another extension mitch!!!

• ukjaybrat
      11:48 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

hey cats paw, did louisville get a moral vicotry saturday too ?
      Still waiting for louisville to get a singificant win other than Florida in the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago. I know uk sucks at football but Louisville hasn’t beaten anybody worth beating without an excuse like A&M playing with their 3rd string qb last year…

• Say what you want Card Claw, but if we had gone up 10-0, I would have considered that a victory no matter what happened after that! I’m not in to moral victories, but sometimes with UK football you have to take what you can get.

Good luck to your Cards…check that, not really! 😉

• ukjaybrat
      1:22 pm October 3, 2016 Permalink

* florida 3 years ago… 2 years ago was that whooping from georgia

4. J-Dub421
    10:25 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

Ryan Lemond – parenting fail.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:29 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

…in addition to coaching fail- throwing a ball at one of your players is always a good idea. /S

5. Sentient Third Eye
    10:43 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

There won’t be many defenses this year give up 27 points or less to Alabama. A few, but not many. They performed really well, even with the offense putting them in some bad spots and not getting them much rest after the first quarter.

6. secrick
    10:46 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

I thought Johnson played bad, 3 fumbles. I think Barker will be back and his the best option at Quarterback.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:51 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

Johnson had obvious issues with ball security. Even when Barker comes back, though, he isn’t proven in a big-game situation. How will he perform? And is he still in game-shape? That’s not always possible with back injuries.

• ukjaybrat
      10:55 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

you can’t really judge johnson’s performance against one of the best defenses in the country. hopefully he can learn from those 3 fumbles and maybe cuts that down to less than 1 fumble per game the rest of the year, that would be acceptable.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:07 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

Andre Woodson used to have the same problem, and he got over it.

• Patches
      11:44 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

Johnson is UK’s best chance to get to a bowl this year. Barker has never proven he can win a game against anyone. He is just so over rated as a QB.

7. Realme
    11:12 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

Let people fill out a web form with name and address, and mail tickets in order of requests received. After setting aside the ones for campers, of course.

• ukjaybrat
      11:19 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

is there an issue with the way ticketmaster is handling it? (i’m not listening yet, gonna wait for podcast)

• Realme
      11:20 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

Same old complaint about scalpers getting tons while fans can’t get any.

• Realme
      11:22 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

I tried, just to see what would happen, and ticketmaster was telling me there were no tickets available right at the beginning, but UK said they took 28 minutes to sell out, so I don’t know what was up with that.

• ukjaybrat
      11:26 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

My wife has gotten tickets to every BBM since the AD year. Sometimes she hits the button and it says sold out, but you just keep going in and trying again over and over and eventually it lets you in. too many people give up after the first “sold out” message and think that’s the end of it. sometimes the website just gets bogged down with requests that it just pops up the sold out response by default.

Heck last year she woke up 30 minutes late and tried anyway and after another 45 minutes of “sold out” messages she still got tickets

• Realme
      11:29 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

That explains that. I was just trying on a whim, so it was no big deal, and I gave up after 2 tries.

8. ukjaybrat
    11:23 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

i don’t think a web form is going to give you anything tickletmaster can’t provide. scalpers are going to get around just about any system you have in place.

• Realme
      11:29 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, that’s why they would have to be mailed to a physical address, with limits per household.

9. Realme
    11:36 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

“Isn’t Swaggy Cal usually show up at this event?” “Yes, it usually does”.

10. cats paw
    11:38 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

both you cheerleaders and i know that ul should of blown out clemson, but the homer umpires stole that game away from them!!!

• Patches
      11:48 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

Cannot agree with you there but I did think Clemson was guilty of pass interference in the end zone on that last drive. The defender was laying on the receivers back when he was going for the ball. But in all the Cards failed time and again when they had chances, even the last play when the receiver turned to the sideline instead of the middle of the field was really dumb.

• ukjaybrat
      11:48 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

… uh huh

• J-Dub421
      11:49 am October 3, 2016 Permalink

Run along to the card chronicle to complain about the refs with your fellow card fans. No one here cares. U of L got outgunned. End of Story.

• “should OF”??? I’m no grammarian, but this error is the scourge of the internet right now it seems.

• Booby Petrino
      12:08 pm October 3, 2016 Permalink

Mr Heisman couldn’t get the ball in the end zone wah wah wah

• cats paw
      6:10 pm October 3, 2016 Permalink

i wonder if you cheerleaders would feel as stupid as you sound if you knew you were being had by fake post (aka). lmfao

• cats paw
      7:55 pm October 3, 2016 Permalink

i love uk and louisville is the laughing stock of the ncaa with there sleaziness

11. Yes, I was up way too late Saturday (but at least I’m in CST) listening to Matt. It was GREAT listening to him go crazy doing the play by play the end of the UL game! I already knew what had happened because the broadcast was ahead of the WLAP/iHeart broadcast on my phone. I should have paused the DVR so I could hear him call it in “real” time! I always forget he’s in WHAS studios, so it was hilarious when he was talking about the UL crew in the other studio going nuts in the opposite way he was.