KSR is live at Jack Kain Ford in Versailles (Tuesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Matt and Ryan are live from Jack Kain Ford in Versailles (3405 Lexington Road) to talk about the Cats, Thursday’s game against West Virginia, and the beautiful city of Cleveland. Matt is leaving for Cleveland right after the show, so if you’re in the area, come by and give him a nice send off.

If that’s not enough to get you to tune in, PAUL FINEBAUM will call in, along with Lukasz Obrzut. That’s a recipe for great radio right there.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm

43 Comments for KSR is live at Jack Kain Ford in Versailles (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:55 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Just listening to some shows yesterday and then to KSR yesterday they are making me feel better about beating WV. I just hope I can stay awake for it.

Anyone going to Cleveland for the game?

2. reedwizard
    10:14 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Dammit! Really Matt? You’re going to give tickets to fans that don’t work? or just happen to be off today? I work in Frankfort and can’t get out there until 1:15pm… Is there a way to postpone the draw and give people until 3pm so they can come out on lunch?? I listen everyday, even while teaching class some days…

• BigBlueBoom
      10:22 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

or maybe they just work a different schedule than 9-5. Some people do work other shifts, you know.

• J-Dub421
      10:57 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Or they could be retired, or college students.

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:16 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Matt has Forde’s number? How about we call that fella today live on-air to get his opinion on the topic?

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

On one hand that could be funny and entertaining, on the other hand I don’t want to feed the trolls…..

4. Realme
    10:22 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

I agree with what Leach or one of his guests said this morning. If you’re so biased you would not vote for Cal ever, you should admit it and abstain from voting.

5. jman3715
    10:26 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

It’s really not unreasonable that we could see UK and UofL in the championship game at this point. Their path is getting cleared for a run while ours still has AZ or WI in the way.

• bigbluecoop
      10:38 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Not unreasonable, but not likely, IMO. UL has one mediocre shooting game against a mid-major and people have lost their minds. UL is still offensively challenged and can go long stretches struggling to score.

• J-Dub421
      11:00 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

I don’t see U of L getting to the title game, but they could continue and make a deep run. There is no one in their quarter of the bracket that looks like a terrible match-up for them.

6. bouzoukiman
    10:28 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

The Duke game in 98 was on a Sunday, not Saturday. I remember because I left for church when the game was still going. Padgett hit the big 3 just before I left my car to go in (listening to the Westwood One? CBS? broadcast in AL), and I went home and watched the big comeback on VHS (didn’t know if we had won until then).

7. Cat House
    10:37 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

They know not what they do. They have motivated Calipari. Cool.

• bigbluecoop
      10:45 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Cal is always motivated. I doubt if he gives a rats behind, because there are some writers that dislike him and have an axe to grind. The team though. This may give them a little extra motivation.

8. Laker Cat 18
    10:46 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

There are only two teams left that have the pure talent to possibly beat UK…Duke & Arizona. The rest are nowhere near as talented. Cats haven’t played their best yet. I hope to see them turn it on the next 2 weeks. Leave no doubt.

• Realme
      10:48 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

So I shouldn’t be worried about Wisconsin? I have an obnoxious co-worker from there and cannot stand it if they beat us. I agree, I think we see the Cats take it up a notch soon.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:52 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Worried? Yes. Any team left outside of UCLA could upset us on a given day. I don’t think Wisconsin is anywhere near as talented as UK. They play hard, they’re “good” players. I’ve never really feared the Badgers like most of BBN tends to do. I’m not sure I’d put Wisconsin as a top 5 team left in the sweet 16. I have UNC beating Wisconsin in my bracket. That’s my bold prediction for the day.

• Realme
      10:57 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

UNC beating Wisconsin would make my day! I am nervous about them, because if you looked at bpi, kenpom etc rankings before the tourney, it almost always went 1. UK, 2. Wisconsin, 3. Arizona. It’s nice that only one of those two will get to meet up with us, but not nice that that would be in the final 4 instead of in the championship game.

• ukjaybrat
      11:08 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

@realme but that’s the way it was going to workout anyway… if the brackets were made like they should have been. arizona should have gotten a 1 seed over villanova, then we’d play wisconsin and the winner of duke/zona… so either way we’re likely to have to play 2 of those three teams

• Realme
      11:10 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, you’re right. I just think Arizona and Wisconsin are scarier than Duke.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Wisconsin is basically the same team this season that they were last season. We are much better this season. I think we could win handily against Wisconsin because Willie will shut-down Kaminsky.

• bigbluecoop
      11:20 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

UK shut down Kaminsky last year, without Willie. An actual quote I saw: Kaminsky is TWICE the player of anyone on UK. lmao

• Realme
      11:24 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

It would actually be better for me if we played Wisconsin and beat them. My co-worker would have to shut up forever. If someone else beats them, she’ll never have to give UK any credit.

• ukjaybrat
      11:49 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

if uk goes 40-0 and somenoe exists that doesn’t give them credit… they will be in serious need of a good slapping

• Laker Cat 18
      11:51 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Wisconsin plays hard. They have a motor. That’s something that not all teams have and it’s really what makes them somewhat special. Decent teams can make great runs if they play harder than their opponents. That’s what Wisconsin is all about.

• Realme
      11:52 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

I think she’s scarred from last year and in deep denial that UK is somehow not as good as everyone thinks. I just say something nice about Wisconsin, and wait for UK to win it all.

9. bigbluecoop
    10:47 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Brian Williams was at all 4 Wayne Blackshear Sweet 16 appearances.

10. CWS
    11:10 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Not saying we need a TWEEK this year…. But if Cal wanted he could call it CALibration. Go CATS BEAT W.V. Hang #9

11. Bradleycorn
    11:14 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Can’t Louisville remember even their own players? Milt Wagner went to 4 sweet sixteen’s (’82, ’83, ’84, ’86), including a title and 3 final fours….

12. J-Dub421
    11:23 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

My heart cannot handle the anxiety and stress should we play U of L in the finals.

• Realme
      11:25 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Same. We’d win, but I might have a stroke.

• J-Dub421
      11:38 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

I’m pretty sure we’d win, but the stress of living in Louisville and the .00000001% chance of a loss would make me miserable leading up to the game. The build up to that 2012 final 4 game was unpleasant.

• ukjaybrat
      11:53 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

ditto…. from a pure talent standpoint, i’d rather play them than anybody except maybe UCLA… but it would probably shed 20 years off my lifetime

• BigBlueBoom
      12:25 pm March 24, 2015 Permalink

I would love to play them in the finals. We’d crush those turds. We had no problem in their own house, we’d destroy them on a neutral court. And despite what people want to say, they aren’t better now than they were then. Jones was a ball hog but still one of their best players.

• BigBlueBoom
      12:26 pm March 24, 2015 Permalink

but I don’t really want them to make the finals just bc I prefer them lose every game they play.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:30 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

One big positive thing about all the kids playing video games together is that it keeps them away from all the media hoopla. I think that may be part of the reason they are doing it. As Willie said, they have to bypass almost all regular TV programming to avoid seeing themselves being hyped, and just going out in public would be like Mick Jagger trying to go to the local mall. What else is there to do in a hotel room but play video games?

• ukjaybrat
      11:56 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

sucks being basketball players… it’s not like they can put on hoodies and shades and go to the mall… it’d still be a group of ten 6.5-7 footers (and one 5’9″ guy)

14. bigbluecoop
    11:47 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Brian Williams played in 5 NCAA Sweet Sixteens.

• Realme
      11:54 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Now that’s what the caller should have said.

15. bigbluecoop
    11:51 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

KSR should hire Woo, he’s great.

• ukjaybrat
      11:54 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

you talking Woo”Girls” or Wu”kasch” ?

16. J-Dub421
    11:54 am March 24, 2015 Permalink

Booker just needs to hit 1 three, that will break the seal. Then he’ll catch fire for the rest of the tournament.