KSR is live at Final Finish in Morgantown (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio! Today, Matt and Drew are at Final Finish (382 Gardner Lane Road) in Morgantown for stop #7 of the KSR Summer Tour.

Today, the guys will be telling stories about their favorite interactions with UK players, always an entertaining topic. Come on out to say hello, enjoy story time, and register to win tickets from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Here’s an updated list of tour stops. We’re still finalizing a few, so be sure to check back as the week goes on.

July 2: Morgantown — Final Finish

July 29: Benton — Kennedy’s Fan Shop
July 30: Paducah — Buffalo Wild Wings
July 31: Fancy Farm

August 3: Bowling Green — Chaney’s Dairy Barn
August 4: McKee — Old Courthouse Community Room
August 5: Glasgow — Papa John’s
August 6: Jamestown — Lawless-Smith True Value and Appliance Center (Russell Springs)
August 7: Monticello — Conley Bottom Resort

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville — Sun Tropic Outdoors
August 13: Lexington — All Sports at Fayette Mall
August 14: Louisville

gotc-ksr

GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com is giving away UK basketball and football tickets at every tour stop this summer. That’s 33 chances to win, and all you have to do is come out to listen to your favorite radio show. That’s so easy even Ryan Lemond could do it!

32 Comments for KSR is live at Final Finish in Morgantown (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

I can see Kentucky Joe on the new dating site saying he works for KSR.

• J-Dub421
      10:35 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

I can see him being a creepy stalker to a bunch of women.

• Realme
      10:37 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

He already tweeted Tyler that he was going to sign up. If whoever created the site is smart, they will block him.

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:04 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

I can’t wait to see how the egos respond if Rondo goes to the Kings. Should be fun.

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

I actually think it could work. WCS is laid back and phased by nothing. Everyone thinks Rondo and Boogie will clash. I think because they’re both so passionate and want to win so badly that they’ll respect each other’s passion and talent, and will work well together. George Karl is the wrench in the machine here.

• Realme
      10:40 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

I hope it happens, would follow that closely. Don’t know if it would work, but Cousins/Rondo might bond over being considered the bad guy by media, etc.

• J-Dub421
      10:43 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

I’m not saying they won’t have an occasional dust-up. I just think it will work a lot better than people seem to think it will.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:46 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

It will be interesting, that’s for sure!

3. Realme
    10:17 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Is this story making sense?

4. StrokerAce
    10:23 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Can’t call the show today, but here’s my UK player interaction. Played against Richie in a softball league in Manchester back in the late 90s/early 00s. Finished my game and was walking to the car and Richie’s team was sitting in the parking lot “warming up” before their game. I had a new bat and Richie hollered at me and asked to see my bat. He stood in the parking lot, took some practice swings in his rolled-up jorts (yes, Richie played softball in jorts). After apparently deciding he liked the feel of the bat, he looked at me and said, “I think I’ll just borrow this tonight, just hang around until our game is over and I’ll get it back to you.” I told him no, that I’d just take it with me because I had to leave. Obviously, he wasn’t used to hearing someone tell him no, because he looked at me like I was from another planet. I finally had to reach for the bat and he wouldn’t let it go, so we ended up basically having a game of tug-of-war in the parking lot over my softball bat. I finally was able to get it back, and as I was walking to my car, he loudly let it be known that he wasn’t happy I wouldn’t let him borrow my new bat. Looking back now, I should have just traded it for one of those $700 VCRs.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:26 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Growing up, Richie was my favorite player. Even named a dog after him when I was a youngster. Not anymore. Dude has ruined his name for me.

5. ColonelGator
    10:33 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Matt, My best interaction with an UK player was when I went to UK at UGA game in 1983. I was in the team hotel elevator with Leroy Bird and Paul Andrews. Not being shy, I said, “Hi Dicky”. Leroy responded saying, I’m not Dicky!”

6. Brandon
    10:41 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

My mother had a negative interaction with Rajon Rondo a couple years back…. She is disabled and had just left a chemo treatment with my Aunt, pulled into Kroger parking lot to pick up prescription meds, on campus and she said a fancy car was just sitting in the middle of the lot, blocking traffic and the handicapped parking spaces. She says she waited there for several minutes, then lightly touched the horn and says he threw his middle finger up. Apparently he was talking with people in the lot, had a congregation around his open car window. She pulled around the car after the people cleared a little and he evidently shouted cuss words toward her and spit at her vehicle. She just assumed he was a random jerk but lots of Kroger employees were out front watching and they told her who it was

• Laker Cat 18
      10:48 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Sounds like a guy that needs his @$$ whipped. Would have been a different result had I seen something like that go down.

7. J-Dub421
    10:41 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

The UK/U of L game will not be close. We will stomp them. U of L basketball will be a dumpster fire this season.

8. Realme
    10:43 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

We’ve heard this lady’s Randle story before.

9. hater
    10:43 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

I wrote Larry Johnson a ticket for improper start and screwed with him just a little. I asked him why he did that and he said he had a bad practice. I asked him if he played football and that seemed to deflate him a bit. He never ever paid the fine.

10. J-Dub421
    10:44 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

I’m not at all surprised to hear that Pitino is cheap.

11. J-Dub421
    10:46 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Why would any woman want anything to do with Tiger?? He’s a jerk and a womanizer. No thanks.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:56 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

$$$

• J-Dub421
      11:10 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

But he’s notoriously cheap, doesn’t tip waiters or valets, and doesn’t give money or expensive gifts to his mistresses.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:23 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Most women don’t know that. I’ll bet he has many 1 night stands.

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

You’re probably right. That just makes me think he’s a skeevy slut and probably riddled with STD’s. I have zero respect or liking for Tiger at this point. But that’s just me.

12. Robert
    10:53 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Kyle Macy signed my Tates Creek High School Yearbook. He did his student teaching there in ’79 and my then girlfriend (now my wife) was an assistant in the class he taught. So my junior yearbook is signed:

“To the man with all the moves in the TC halls – Kyle Macy”

13. Realme
    10:57 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Full of yourself much Charles?

14. James
    11:11 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Can’t call in, but I had a run-in with Gimel Martinez and Jamal Mashburn back in College. I was in Tolly-Ho late one night. the place was packed. I had just gotten my tray of food. and was navigating the crowd to get to a table, I came up behind Martinez who wouldn’t move. Gimel had obviously had a few drinks that night. when I said excuse me, he spun around, his elbow knocked my food to the ground, he picked up my plate and my burger, put it back on my tray and proceeded to jam his thumb through the middle of the burger and sarcastically said “oh, sorry” Mashburn just looked at me obviously embarrassed by his teammate, rolled his eyes and said sorry, pushed his drunk friend aside and let me pass. Needless to say I didn’t get much to eat that night because I couldn’t eat the burger. that night I lost respect for Martinez and gained respect for Mash.

15. Laker Cat 18
    11:21 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Hearing & reading some of these stories about former UK players being @$$holes is very disappointing. I wish we would have passed on some of them to be honest.

• Realme
      11:29 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

As a fan base we overfeed their egos and some of them turn into monsters. It’s a shame. Cal seems to keep his guys from getting too big headed, but maybe 10-20 years from now we’ll be hearing their stories, I don’t know.

16. Blasphemy
    11:48 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

If you include football, there is no bigger choke job than the Bluegrass Miracle………. How is that not on you minds anyways?

17. J-Dub421
    11:49 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

Football choke: that time we thought we were about to beat LSU and began to storm the field, only to lose. That sucked.

18. J-Dub421
    11:51 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

I think Mulder and Matthews are much better athletes than people seem to be expecting.