KSR is in… Williamson! (Thursday Show Thread)

Kentucky Sports Radio radio is at Appalachian Wireless i our favorite carpeted mall in Williamson, Kentucky. That’s South Side Mall at 66 Appalachian Plaza in South Williamson. Stop by to hear the show and maybe you’ll win tickets to a UK game from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

Article written by Drew Franklin

36 Comments for KSR is in… Williamson! (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:56 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Did you all go golfing yesterday? Never been there, but looks great!

2. Realme
    10:24 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

I’d love for Petrino to revert back to the one we love to mock, but could not care less about an errant like on his Twitter account.

• RealCatsFan
      11:07 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

I am really hoping that this will turn out to be the tip of the smut iceberg for Bobby. Kind of like most of us thought the Kat-Ho situation for the basketball team was going to turn out to be some kind of hoax when the news first broke. When UofL had Charlie, I found him to be pretty likable, even though he coached for UofL. But I have no respect at all for Bobby, at least as a human being.

3. Only 2 comments and we’re 35 minutes in??? Okay, here come the paddles: “CLEAR!!!”

“These pretzels are making me thirsty!”

*The objective today is to not use a catch phrase that was already used last week. 🙂

4. J-Dub421
    10:38 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Minnesota is trash and I’ve enjoyed watching them fail for the last couple of years.

5. J-Dub421
    10:39 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Does anyone know about this mystery tweet/mystery person that Matt is talking about?

• Realme
      10:43 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

No, but I NEED to know!

• ukjaybrat
      10:45 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Jdub you didn’t like my Carl Lewis example yesterday, what about Walsh Jennings? Has never lost an internationl match. EVER. But there’s only one event in volleyball. So she doesn’t have the opportunity to rack up awards.

• I never did see…did the American girl, who wagged her finger at the Russian who was caught doping before, win the gold?

• Booby Petrino
      11:09 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

jay why you so bent out of shape about people calling Phelps the greatest Olympian? It’s an opinion, and people are going to have different ones. I am of the opinion that he is the greatest. Why? Because he’s won the most gold medals and overall medals. Do I care that others haven’t had as many opportunities as him to win? Nope, that’s just how it works. It’s just my opinion that whoever has the most medals is the greatest Olympian. Criteria can differ since these are opinions and there can never be a fact of “greatest Olympian”. Kinda like how UCLA fans will call their team the greatest basketball team bc they have more national championships than any other school. But UK fans think we are the greatest bc we have more overall wins than any other team. What is the official criteria for “greatest college basketball school”…there is no official criteria bc it’s an opinion. Try to get over it.

• ukjaybrat
      11:10 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Chris, Yes

Google: 100m breaststroke swimming Rio 2016

• ukjaybrat
      11:25 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

… I never said anyone’s opinion was wrong. the first comment I made on the subject was questioning TT who made the remark as a matter of fact, not an opinion. If anybody wants to say most medals ever means they are the greatest Olympian ever and that is their opinion, fine. i have no problem with that. My opinion, that I got blasted for yesterday, is that there is absolutely no way to determine a “greatest Olympian of all time” especially not based on the number of medals one has

So basically I’m being told I should respect other people’s opinions when several people ignored my opinion yesterday and blasted me for my hot take (of which by the way I prefaced by saying I did not intend to take anything away from Phelps’s accomplishments).

Side Note: really i just wanted something to talk about because if it wasn’t already obvious, the comments section is pretty desolate this time of year.

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t blast you jay, just argued the other side. Respectfully, I might add.

I think Kerri Walsh Jennings is amazing. She has never lost in the Olympics, but she has lost in international competition, though not in quite some time.

• ukjaybrat
      11:52 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

didn’t mean you in particular. jdub. looking back it was mostly nerds, but that was probably just a troll.

and i could be wrong about KWJ never losing, but i couldn’t find it and they kept mentioning that last night when her and ross were playing. so unless i misheard or they were wrong…

I know she is undefeated in olympic play because before last night she has only ever lost 1 set. and last night was her second. but still won the match.

• RealCatsFan
      11:52 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Yep, I used to love watching Kerri and Misty May playing together. Glad Kerri is still going strong – great role model for young women and girls. I am also a huge fan of Karch Kiraly, 3-time Olympic gold medalist in volleyball and now coach of the women’s indoor team. Karch might just be my favorite athlete – the guy was amazing back when he used to play for the indoor team, and then dominated in the sand. He is also extremely intelligent – graduated Cum Laude from USC with a microbiology degree, and was going to be a doctor before he became a millionaire playing volleyball. That’s a lifestyle I could embrace! 😀

• J-Dub421
      11:53 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

On her wikipedia page it says she won silver in the 2011 Worlds in Rome. Either way she’s awesome and I want her abs.

• J-Dub421
      11:56 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

The Olympics, making me feel bad about my body every 4 years! 😉

6. Realme
    11:16 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Picking between Karl and Tyler is impossible. Karl is a super human. Tyler, it’s not because he’s small, it’s because of the kind of player being small made him become. His toughness is unrivaled.

• ukjaybrat
      11:25 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

couldn’t have said it better myself.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Yep, I feel the same way. Karl is just Karl – simply an awesome person and player. Tyler has a soft spot for me because of his size and toughness, and the fact that my younger daughter idolizes him. She is very small for her age, so she identifies with him.

• Realme
      11:43 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

No better person for her to look up to than him.

• RealCatsFan
      11:48 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

She got his autograph when he was in Simpsonville back in the spring. Cool thing was that we were standing in line behind a girl who was going to play as a freshman on the UK volleyball team this year. 🙂 She had a lot to talk about.

7. gabeyruth
    11:20 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

So funny how Matt cries about “people get so mad over opinions”…yet hes crying about people saying how they feel about a topic.

8. 101blue
    11:31 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Looking to sell 3 sets of UK basketball season tickets for this season at face value.

Upper level in section 215 rows CC ( 4 seats together ) & DD ( 2 seats together ).

$1917 per set.

Please email me [email protected] if interested.

• ukjaybrat
      11:35 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

if you know someone that manages a small-to-mid-sized business, they might buy them. i know a lot of people that buy season tickets from holders that can’t afford them for whatever reason. then they give them away to clients or for raffles or whatever and write off whatever money they lose (if any) as a business expense

• Realme
      11:43 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

You can also tweet this info and ask Ryan to retweet you.

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

ukjay, I have been fortunate the past several years to be able to get free extra tickets from a cousin who lives in lexington. The tickets have been in the family for years, and they are section 23, lower level. She could easily sell them, but is very generous about them – she usually raffles off the ones to the big games (like UNC) for charity, but the rest she shares with family and friends. She does use some of them for business clients too. It has been a real treat for us, and a great opportunity to keep in touch with our family members who live out of town.

• gabeyruth
      11:56 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

or you could just list it on stubhub like a normal person

• ukjaybrat
      12:54 pm August 11, 2016 Permalink

stubhub requires you to pay the cost of the season tickets up front and then get money back (maybe) throughout the year. not everyone has that kind of money. particularly almost $6000 for these 6 seats

9. ekywildcat
    11:57 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Williamson is in WV, South Williamson is in KY.