KSR is in Russell Springs (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Lawless-Smith True Value in Russell Springs, Kentucky, stop three of the KSR Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass Summer Tour. Tune in to hear Matt, Ryan, and Drew break down the news of the day and take a call from country star Wheeler Walker, Jr., who has been known to say anything at any time. If that’s not enough to get you to tune in, I’m not sure what is.

Here’s where you can catch the rest of the tour:

6/12 — Prestonsburg — Stonecrest Golf Course
6/13 — London — Sleep Outfitters
6/14 — Russell Springs — Lawless-Smith True Value
6/15 — Somerset — Ashley Furniture
6/16 — Lexington — Don Franklin Auto on Richmond Road

6/19 — Danville — Dexter Insurance
6/20 — Leitchfield — Future Designs
6/21 — Louisville — Academy Sports on Outer Loop
6/22 — Henderson — Sleep Outfitters
6/23 — Owensboro area — Don Moore Auto

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

34 Comments for KSR is in Russell Springs (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. CatFanDu
    10:16 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

Looks like you were first!

I was hoping to be at the Russell Springs show today, but that didn’t work out. Enjoyed it last time, Mitchell crew at Lawless-Smith True Value put on a Great Event.

2. CatFanDu
    10:20 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

** Mitchell & His Crew **

I Wish someone would KIll the adchoices ads. They kill my desire to even attempt to get on this site anymore. CFD- Out!

• Yeah, those iPad ads are annoying. At least on the PC I can use an ad blocker on the Chrome browser. Not so much on iPad.

• 4everblue
      12:04 pm June 14, 2017 Permalink

Adblock plus is available for apple products too, I know because I have and apple computer with adblock plus installed and the reason I don’t know what ads you’re talking about is because I don’t see ANY!

3. J-Dub421
    10:47 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

Wow, quiet today.

• secrick
      10:56 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

The L-ville stuff is about to hit so it should pick up soon. I know i’m awful for hating on the cards.

• runningunnin.454
      11:03 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

I don’t really hate little brother; but, that said, plying underage recruits with hookers is grounds for the death penalty…but the ACC is untouchable.

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

I hate them, but that’s at least in part due to growing up in Louisville and living there. I have to deal with their jerk fans all the time.

• ukjaybrat
      11:25 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

ditto jdub. the hate was intensified lately bc their loudest argument has always been uk is the biggest cheating program throughout history and louisville wins the right way, without scandal. and then the last two half decade happened (especially the last year) and all the same people have just found something else to hate uk about instead of hating their own program. morons

• Realme
      11:28 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

Probably goes without saying, but I also hate them.

• J-Dub421
      11:30 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

My hate has definitely intensified in the last few years. When I was younger I was indifferent because we were a lot better and their fans were less obnoxious. The new breed of line-bearded, crown royal drinking delusional fools are just awful.

• runningunnin.454
      11:30 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

Being around them might be stressful; my end of the state you never see UL hats or t-shirts. It’s 100% UK.
      Just that hate is a strong word; of course, Matt hates Tom Brady…sshhh, don’t tell Tom.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:49 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

An NBA “minor league” would really hurt college ball. And, who would watch? I don’t watch D League games. I think recruits would benefit by two years in college.

• I agree. I don’t know where the money would come from for the NBA to pay those guys “real” salaries, however much that would be, if no one watches/attends, as is apparently the case with the D-league now. How much can they really pay guys to play for the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants?

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

Like I have said before, the common sense solution would be at least two years, and get some uniform curriculum for them to take that teaches them practical money handling and investment skills.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:05 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

Isn’t the D-League the NBA’s minor league already? It’s not as prominent as minor league baseball, but it still structurally is the same thing.

• Yes it is STE, but some folks think they should start paying these guys “real” money (again, whatever amount that is) to play minor league ball. Apparently some D-league guys only make about 40k a year. That’s not bad right out of high school or college, but it obvs is nowhere near NBA money, and I don’t know how long most guys will hang around for that amount.

• J-Dub421
      11:14 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

Guys can make a lot more money playing in Europe or Asia.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:56 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

The whole jewelry industry and their “3 month’s salary” suggestion for engagement rings is a huge steaming pile of bovine feces. There are very few things in the world that have a higher markup than diamonds and fine jewelry. The unrelenting radio commercials are proof positive that they are making more money than they can figure out what to do with. Fortunately for me, I married someone who is not caught up with all of this crap. I used to work with a girl who said any future suitor better produce at least a 1.5 carat ring for her to consider a proposal. Hopefully she is still waiting, for the sake of any potential future husbands.

• Realme
      10:59 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

It’s funny that the average person lets the industry making the profit set the guidelines. I’m not a jewelry girl, so I’m weird, but I hate the concept of an engagement ring. Why should the female have to wear a sign to the rest of the world that she’s off the market, but not the guy.

• ukjaybrat
      11:02 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

i hate all jewelry stores and what not. and every single one of them use the tagline “we’re better because we cut out the middle man” or we’re better because we’re not trying to lie to you about whatever”…. you’re all lying and unless you’re selling it to me straight from the mine, there’s a middle man

• runningunnin.454
      11:05 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

Absolutely, a relationship based on money is doomed.

• RCF, they should just say in their ads:

“Who needs to eat? Who needs a roof over their heads? You can worry about that later, AFTER you’re married!”

• Realme
      11:09 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

Also bizarre how much people spend on weddings. Put that on a house, it will last a lot longer.

• J-Dub421
      11:19 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

I didn’t care about size of diamond. Quality over quantity right? I do like having a nice engagement ring, but only because I’ll wear it literally every day for the rest of my life. Luckily, my husband has an uncle who owns a jewelry store and got my engagement ring at cost. I have a nice ring, he didn’t spend ridiculous money, win-win.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:57 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

The media, especially network and cable news, hopes for bad news…they don’t want to cover “good” news…somewhat depressing.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:08 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

The media is shameful. Reckless, yellow journalism trying to keep people angry and divided for the purpose of generating profit (look at MSNBC and CNN’s ratings before they turned “hard yellow” in their sensationalist coverage. They are literally getting people shot, first cops and now congressmen. When will it end? Civil war? How many profits would that be worth, CNN?

• ukjaybrat
      11:19 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

hell with good or bad news. i just want real news. my news feed the other day was mostly fluff stories. i don’t want fluff crap. i want to hear sports news or real important stuff. (and not the real important stuff that is biased to one political side and also not mudslinging “did you see what trump did today omg like for reals he should be impeached” – fml)

• Realme
      11:27 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

I was hoping the news would become watchable again after the election, but not so much. They used to at least pretend to be neutral. Now it’s all about undermining the other party.

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

There aren’t any Henry Clays today; compromise is dead.

7. J-Dub421
    11:46 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

I can only think of one player who went to the NBA straight out of high school and was ready to play immediately – Lebron. Even Kobe needed a couple of years to adjust.

• runningunnin.454
      11:51 am June 14, 2017 Permalink

HS to the NBA is just a bad idea; they are just not physically and mentally prepared.