KSR is in…Prestonsburg! (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg, Kentucky. If you’re in the area, come on out to 918 Clubhouse Drive to watch the show and for the chance to register for tickets from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

32 Comments for KSR is in…Prestonsburg! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:49 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Enjoyed your segment on Double Q yesterday uncle matt. Yeah, you need to do a contest like they did back in the early 90’s.

2. J-Dub421
    10:27 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Why does Matt think Chad Le Clos name is Baron? That’s 2 days in a row.

3. Realme
    10:31 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Totally rooting for Ryan today. Matt’s probably smarter, but he is too confident about that. 🙂

• CATandMONKEY
      10:46 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Probably????

• Realme
      10:47 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

I think Ryan isn’t as dumb as he acts for the show.

• Realme
      10:47 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

And Matt is dumb about some things.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:52 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

I actually think the Ryan we see and hear is a completely unfiltered real dude, thus why I like him despite his numerous mis-statements .
      Matt is very intelligent but completely lacking any knowledge in several areas…music, science, engineering, home decor, automotive repair…

• RealCatsFan
      11:00 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

C&M, it is a well-known fact that Matt is a flaming metrosexual. 😀

• RealCatsFan
      11:16 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know, that was a pretty impressive brain fart by Ryan right there – getting Miggins mixed up with Reggie Meant.

• Realme
      11:28 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, that was pretty bad.

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:48 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

When was the last time anyone on the radio show acknowledged or responded to a show thread comment?
    Twuck Fitter.

• RealCatsFan
      10:59 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Couldn’t agree more. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

We’re all red-headed step-children here.

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Yep, it’s just sad the way the KSR folks are letting the comments sections on their site die a slow, painful death. They do all this pandering to Twitter, totally ignore anything posted in the show thread during the show. I know at least one of the three (including STD) has a few minutes during a commercial break to scan down for something pertinent. My phone intrudes into my life enough already without adding Twitter into the mix.

• Realme
      11:26 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Twitter is quite fun during a game, but for talking about this show, I’m happy to have you guys.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:48 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Come on KSR, don’t forget what got you here. It was not Twitter. KSR comment section by golly.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:49 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Love the music selection by Shannon – old school Lynyrd Skynyrd. One of my favorite bands back in HS.

6. sbrock516
    10:55 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

If your hungry…

Billy Ray’s Restaurant
    101 N Front Ave
    Prestonsburg, KY 41653
    (606) 886-1744

7. RealCatsFan
    10:58 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Tom Cruise lived in Louisville when he was a kid…

“Tom’s father, Thomas Cruise Mapother III was an electrical engineer employed by General Electric. His Mother is the former Mary Lee Pfeiffer, a retired teacher. Tom’s parents married in Louisville, Kentucky in 1957 after meeting at the University of Kentucky. The Mapother’s are a prominent family of Attorney’s in the Louisville area. They divorced in 1975, and Mary Lee moved the family from Ottawa, Canada, back to their home town of Louisville. She remarried Jack South in 1978, and together, the new family moved to Washington Street in Glen Ridge, New Jersey. Tom’s father passed away from cancer in Louisville on January 9, 1984, at the age of 49, never having seen any of Tom’s movies.”

He moved back to Louisville and attended St. Xavier for one year, before his mom moved back to New Jersey. Apparently his family moved around quite a bit when he was young, so probably hard for any one town to claim him as their own.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Cruise’s family definitely still lives in Louisville. There are several Mapothers who are attorneys in Louisville who are his cousins, I believe.

8. J-Dub421
    11:17 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

I would take UK basketball tickets over tickets to some crappy country concert any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

• Realme
      11:25 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Seriously. I love when they generalize about what we as women like.

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Because all women in Kentucky must love “bro” country music…. *Eyeroll*

9. Laker Cat 18
    11:24 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

This is kind of off topic, but did they ever find Matt’s friend that was missing? I never saw an update.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know. I never heard anything either.

10. Jeremy D
    11:28 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

When Ryan knows something that Matt doesn’t, its considered Stupid…..C’mon Man…

11. CB3UK
    11:33 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Where does Matt get off criticizing anyone’s musical taste? His is probably the worst on the show. Shannon is the only person who has ever demonstrated any knowledge or taste. I’m not sure which is more pitiful, Matt’s lack of music or football knowledge.

12. CB3UK
    11:53 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Raise your hand if you’re surprised he knows Kim Cattrell starred in “Mannequin” but nothing about replacing brake pads or hanging a picture. Man card revoked.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

I have to doubt that Matt ever had a man card in the first place. 😀

Since it was brought up, Kim Cattrell was smoking hot back in the day!

13. RealCatsFan
    11:55 am August 10, 2016 Permalink

Geez, Matt, I am quite certain at this point that my 12-year-old daughter knows more about car mechanics than you do.

14. runningunnin.454
    1:23 pm August 10, 2016 Permalink

Intesting show; my grandmother told me about going to the public execution in Owensboro with a couple of girlfriends. She said there were hotdog, hamburger, and cotton candy stands; it was like a county fair. She also told me the penalty for murder was the electric chair and the penalty for rape was public hanging. Even tho the victem was murdered; they only prosecuted for rape in order to get the public execution.

15. runningunnin.454
    1:30 pm August 10, 2016 Permalink

I was at a high school basketball game in the Owensboro Sports Center when the Evansville crash happened; They announced it over the loud speaker; and it was like time stopped. I don’t recall a request for a moment of silence, but you could hear a pin drop for 15 minutes. The crowd was in total shock; the Aces were big time rivals with Ky Wesleyan before they went to Div. 1.
    It was one of those things where you “remember where you were when…”.