KSR is in Prestonsburg (Tuesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. After a week off for the Bahamas, the Summer Tour is back on, starting with today’s show at StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg. The crew was supposed to be there in July, but had to postpone, so rest assured they’ll make today’s show extra special.

Here’s the tour schedule for the rest of the week:

8/15 – Campbellsville – Gatti’s Pizza – 1301 E. Broadway Street

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

59 Comments for KSR is in Prestonsburg (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:06 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Basketball withdrawal.

• Realme
      10:11 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Well, that last fix is gonna have to keep you for a while.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:12 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

The cruel summer duldrums have returned with a vengeance.. . . especially after such a stellar overall 4 games.
      If they had played poorly at least we have football. But now:

The waiting is the hardest part.
      TP

• Realme
      10:13 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

But…

Football!

I know, doesn’t have quite the same ring to it.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:20 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

I am looking forward to a successful season on the gridiron and remain pretty optimistic but after what we just witnessed over 4 games…that is the thing.

Every situation encountered was handled- overwhelming. There was mostly no letdown. There was never a 14 point deficit to start the game. Dayum.

The coaches can finally focus on the details.
      Motivation, mission and focus appear to already be a part of this team’s DNA.

10:26 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how this team does coming back from a deficit. I don’t think they trailed at all in at least 3 of the games – maybe in the first, but don’t remember for sure.

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

You’re right C & M, the slow starts last year were frustrating.
      “Let’s spot ‘em 10 points, and see what happens”.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:28 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

“The Waiting” is my favorite TP song of all time.

• Realme
      10:29 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

And that was deliberate on their part. We punch first. Such a different mentality.

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

We punched first, then in the few instances the other team punched back, we punched back even harder.

• Love Tom Petty, and that is one great tune.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:24 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

What a great Van Morrison tune Shannon is playing! Wow, that brings back some great memories.

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

I missed it; I loved early Morrison with the Northern Irish band, THEM. Really raw blues probably influenced by the troubles in Belfast at the time.

3. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:25 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

I hate when work gets in the way, all work should stop from 10am to noon.

• Realme
      10:28 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Co-workers should at least know better than to try and talk to us.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:31 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Thinking about locking the door and putting ear buds in…

10:35 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Earbuds are my savior – I can listen while I work without distracting anyone else.

• Realme
      10:37 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

I’ve got the ear buds, would rather have that door Iamhe mentinoned.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:44 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Unfortunately the door, of which I speak, is the entrance door to the business, so all I can do it think about it.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

You should be able to hold all calls from 10-noon as well.

10:56 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, phone calls are a problem, because I also use the ear buds to answer the phone. So as soon as something good happens on KSR, I get some clueless customer with a heavy accent wanting to buy something that costs about two dollars. And he keeps me on the phone for 20 minutes. 🙁

4. Realme
    10:32 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

I love that Nick’s legal name is now Sophomore Nick Richards.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

But what will happen next year?

• BBN_strive_4_9
      10:50 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Lol

• CATandMONKEY
      11:16 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

As Drew mentioned in an earlier post : “Rookie of the Year Nick Richards.”

• runningunnin.454
      11:19 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Yep, don’t think we’ll see Junior Nick Richards.

• J-Dub421
      11:27 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know if we could handle Junior nick Richards. The world might explode. 😉

• CATandMONKEY
      11:35 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Chuck Norris would wear Junior Nick Richards pajamas.

5. Realme
    10:36 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

It’s kind of true Matt is apathetic about and less knowledgeable about football.

10:53 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

I confess that I’m kind of that way as well.

• Realme
      10:55 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Me too. Specifically on the knowledge part. But I’m not going to scream on the radio at someone who asks me to care more.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

No friggin way that guy didn’t know he hit a person riding a bike. He would have had to have been blind drunk if that was the case. He needs to rot in jail for a long while.

• Realme
      10:54 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, he’s full of that cold stuff Ryan mentioned.

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

There would have to be marks on his car, a dent, something.

10:57 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

10:59 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

We have had two recent hit and runs here in Louisville in recent weeks. The most recent one, the father of the driver turned him in after seeing damage to the car and hearing about the accident on the news. Feel bad for that father.

• runningunnin.454
      11:10 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

The father made the tough decision. My cousin once went AWOL from the Navy, and went home to Indiana.
      My uncle said, “Sit down, and eat something, then I’ve got a phone call to make”.

11:16 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Can a mayor be impeached? That should happen at the very least. Can’t believe the charges are not more severe.

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Twice on the same day last week in Louisville, two different cars ran a stop sign and almost hit me (my car).

11:17 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

On a similar note, I saw where they are finally charging the dude down in Florida who shot the guy who pushed him in the dispute over a handicapped parking spot. He was originally not charged under the “stand your ground law”. Sounds like the guy had waved his gun at people in the past, and that was probably his undoing.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Someone parking illegally in a handicapped spot is worthy of a dirty look, or maybe a note on their car, but it’s not a death penalty offense, or at least it shouldn’t be.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:26 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

@RealCatsFan : He knew good and well that he hit that dude, but didn’t want to chance getting popped for DUI (at the very least). Easier to own up to leaving the scene, which is a misdemeanor, rather than face a felony of reckless homicide. Totally calculating and callous.

I think that’s standard operating procedure for politicians, RealCats.

11:35 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

J-Dub, his argument was that he was in fear of his life because the guy pushed him down, but he was backing away from him when he pulled the gun. Yes, the guy shouldn’t have pushed him, but I don’t think that action justified deadly force unless the guy was moving towards him again. Grey area. I have a concealed carry permit, and I am in favor of the right for a law abiding citizen to carry a firearm, but this shows that it can be a double edged sword.

• Booby Petrino
      11:40 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

In regards to the FL shooting: Obviously we don’t have all the information, but from the info given out so far, there was no grey area, the dude wanted to shoot someone and did. I read that he had yelled at others in that parking spot and threatened to shoot at least one of them in a prior episode. Pushing someone down and backing away is not life-threatening. Trigger happy lunatic looking for an excuse to fire and then hide behind a law meant to protect the victim, not the aggressor.

11:54 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

BP, I agree. Unfortunately some people look at gun permits as permission to act like an a-hole and just fire away if confronted.

7. Realme
    11:14 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

How does Matt list popular Cal players without mentioning Cousins and MKG!? Puh-leaze.

• J-Dub421
      11:18 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Or Anthony Davis. There was some major AD love.

11:19 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

In the same breath with Rex, what about guys like Kyle Macy and Kenny Walker? Kyle actually had people naming their kids after him. Both of those guys can be seen still supporting the Cats. think Rex is still wearing the stigma of the tweet before the National Championship game and his later arrest – a lot of fans still have not forgiven him. But yes, he was a rock star when at UK.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

A couple of my friends (both UK grads) named one of their kids Jodie after Jodie Meeks. UK fans have been naming their kids after UK players for quite some time.

8. I think Magic Vapor Shop guy outdid himself with that commercial Realme.

• Realme
      11:29 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Yes, I managed to miss one!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:29 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Dat carhhhhhhhhmmmmm.
      Hate those commercials.

9. J-Dub421
    11:31 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Do I get joy in U of L fans misery? Yes, yes I do.

• Realme
      11:32 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

Same.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:39 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

The Karen Sypher fiasco lead me to a long and beautiful relationship with UofL and the word schadenfreude.
      UofL continues to feed the love with no limits to their own generosity.

• Booby Petrino
      11:41 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

same

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:43 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

U of L fans miser? Count me in….ALL IN!

10. Realme
    11:47 am August 14, 2018 Permalink

I can watch those games one more time before I start moderating my expectations for the season, right?

12:19 pm August 14, 2018 Permalink