KSR is in… Owensboro! (Tuesday Show Thread)

Kentucky Sports Radio is back on the road in the Bluegrass with a stop in Owensboro today. The guys are at Don Moore GM Center at 3232 Villa Port Road for today’s two-hour live broadcast.

Stop by to hear the show and maybe you’ll leave with UK tickets from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com!

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

Article written by Drew Franklin

59 Comments for KSR is in… Owensboro! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:47 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

It’s Hot Don! How many more weeks are left for the Summer tour?

2. RealCatsFan
    10:09 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

So, it the show thread going to be dead again? Am I going to have to trot out the “P-word”? (No, not THAT P-word) 😀

3. Big Curt
    10:11 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

I wonder if Matt has an irrational fear of dentists?? lol

4. RealCatsFan
    10:11 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

So KSR is at the Owensboro Sausage Fest?

• J-Dub421
      10:29 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

That new Sausage Fest animated movie looks pretty funny.

5. Laker Cat 18
    10:15 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

Cal’s infatuation with Drake blows my mind. The kids love it though.

• @GoCayts
      10:24 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

Drake’s parents split up when he was like 5 and he lived with his Mom in Canada … his Dad lived in Memphis and was arrested in front of Drake when he was visiting him once … don’t think he had the full father figure experience. He didn’t originally graduate high school, but has said that Cal urged him to do what was needed to get his diploma and he did and he’s proud of that. Cal attended his graduation. I think their relationship is pretty cool.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:27 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t know all those details. Says a lot about Cal.

• I just wish Drake’s music was cleaner, but that is awesome if he’s become a father figure to a guy who needed one.

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

I know that I’m going to sound like an old fuddy-duddy here, but that is the main problem I have with the whole rap genre. Most of the artists can’t seem to write a song without lyrics about guns, ho’s, drugs, and multiple f-bombs. Come on, people – you can write plenty of lyrics that get your message across without stooping to that level. Profanity is like seasoning – it has to be used sparingly for full effect. And if you are a parent, you get tired of having your kids exposed to it incessantly, along with the whole disrespect of women thingy.

• Bigblue75
      11:12 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

Have any of you ever listened to a drake song? He is more of a singer than rapper. Curses alot? Degrades women? Look up some of his songs and actually listen to it. Not every young black musician is a gangster rapper. You guys are ignorant as hell! Wait… I bet all of you are for trump lol.

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

BB75, I was not calling out Drake specifically, and no, I have not listened to most of his music. I will admit that it is not my favorite music – I’m more into old school rock, blues, and 90-s era grunge, and like I said, maybe that makes me an old fuddy duddy. To be fair, some of the artist I listened to have profanity in some of their songs, but I will guarantee you not to the extent of some of the rap that is out there.

6. Crushgroove
    10:16 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

30 days until FB season and Matt talking about an imaginary basketball scenario. Bravo. And you say the FB recruits don’t just fall over themselves to come here for the attention? Go figure.

7. Boshek77
    10:21 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

Trump eats all food with a knife and fork. He got hammered in New York for eating pizza with a fork and knife a couple months ago. Apparently he has a “thing” about touching food.

• RealCatsFan
      10:52 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

Is it perhaps because he is a “short-fingered vulgarian”? 😀

8. Okay, I’M the one bringing the heart starting paddles today. FAVORITE SEINFELD CATCH PHRASE…….GO!!!

I’ll start:

“Yadda yadda!”

9. davef5054
    10:24 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

I have eaten fried chicken with a fork, only when I don’t want to mess up my clothes. If I eat anything with my fingers it usually ends up all over me.

10. @GoCayts
    10:26 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

I know I’m in the minority here, but the twins are some of my favorite Cal era players … and they didn’t even make the tournament

• Laker Cat 18
      10:37 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

What twins didn’t make the tournament?

• @GoCayts
      10:49 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

they didn’t make Matt’s “most beloved player in the Cal Era sweet 16 tournament” he’s doing today

11. Laker Cat 18
    10:28 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

There is zero chance Mac Jones flips back to Kentucky. Saw this possibility discussed in a previous KSR post. No way that happens.

12. secrick
    10:35 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

Started reading again today now that the conventions are over, maybe we can talk some football .

• Crushgroove
      10:45 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

Good luck with that. The last 2 weeks ahs been nearly intolerable and this week is doing little-to-nothing to change that. Matt claims to talk about what fans want, but it’s becoming clear that he only talks about what he wants to talk about, then create the reasoning on the backside. Losing me quickly with this.

• ukjaybrat
      11:16 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

To be fair, this has been the worst time of year possible to cover uk sports. and i think matt took advantage of a certain group of a certain type of persons that are gunho about politics and generated website traffic despite the lack of uk sports topics

BUT, I agree, it’s now time to move on to uk football.

• Yep, slow sports time of the year.

13. J-Dub421
    10:40 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

I’m excited about Humphries. I love watching players develop and realize their potential.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:46 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

He reminds me a lot of Jorts. Just effort-wise, it’s there. He’ll get better having that characteristic alone.

With that said, I think Bam is going to be an ABSOLUTE FREAK this year. Everyone is talking about Monk. I think Bam will be the deciding factor.

• J-Dub421
      10:56 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

I think Monk will be the leading scorer, Bam the leading rebounder and probably the fan favorite, but I think the most important players will be Briscoe and Fox. Briscoe and Fox will be under-rated/under-appreciated but will set the tone with their toughness and will make everything work.

• Can’t wait to see Bam, Malik, D’Aaron (sp?). Oh, and Sasha KILL-ya!

14. Uh oh, is MJ leaving for the 4 letter network, or Fox Sports, or the newly dubbed SB Nation Radio???

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

I hope not.

15. RealCatsFan
    11:47 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

Ryan mentioned video games, and some kids (and adults) are completely hooked on them. I have a nephew who is about 8, very intelligent, but the kid literally plays video games probably 10 hours a day. It is so bad that you can’t even carry on a conversation with him. I seriously think he is showing signs of the autism spectrum disorder, so perhaps that plays into it, but I really feel that the video games are causing his social development to be seriously arrested.

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am August 2, 2016 Permalink

All things in life require balance. TV, video games, food, etc. You can over-do almost anything. Moderation is key in life.

16. ukkatzfan
    12:01 pm August 2, 2016 Permalink

Hoping this “No Advance Notice of Show Location” falls flat on it’s face. signed an absent O’boro resident.

17. Kytenorman
    1:05 pm August 2, 2016 Permalink

Top Selling Music Artsts of All Time, THE BEATLES with 265 Million, #2 – Elvis 210 MIllion, #3 – Michael Jackson 175 Million, #4 – Madonna 166 Million, #5 – Elton John 162 Million, #6 – Garth Brooks 145 Million, #7 – Led Zeppelin – 140 Million #8, The Eagles 130 MIllion.