KSR is in… Murray! (Thursday Show Thread)

Today’s show is coming to you live from a hemp field somewhere in Murray, Kentucky. You can find it at 2101 College Farm Road in Calloway County. That’s all I know to tell you, so good luck with that.

Matt and Ryan will be there for two hours this morning to give away tickets and broadcast yet another edition of KSR.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

Article written by Drew Franklin

30 Comments for KSR is in… Murray! (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:57 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Congrats on the new gig at LEX18. Today will be the most listen to show in a long time. Should be interesting show…..

10-12 seems like a perfect time for a meeting. Wink wink.

• ukbradstith
      10:22 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Okay I’m out of the loop. What do you mean by that?

2. Realme
    10:07 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Think the tv show is still on, after that post announcement emergency meeting with iheart? I hope so.

• Realme
      10:35 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

I feel like wildly speculating, since they can’t talk about it. Maybe the timing of the tv announcement and radio show being off air is a coincidence. Perhaps they’re being sued. Was weird how they dropped Jay’s call just for trying to ask. Anyone hear what he said?

• Cats or Die
      10:47 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

I’m so confused as to what happened. Missed yesterday’s show and Jay’s call was the first I got to hear today. Can you tell me the story?

• Realme
      10:51 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Tuesday they were in Western KY and planning to stay the rest of the week. Tuesday afternoon, they announced Matt will have a new evening tv show in Lexington. Wednesday, they played a rerun radio show and didn’t explain why. Said later that they had to return to Louisville for a meeting. Today they still won’t talk about it.

• Cats or Die
      11:04 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Oh. I see. Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

• I’m guessing (especially since they don’t want to talk about it) that someone at iHeart and/or 1080 was blindsided by the TV show announcement and didn’t take kindly to that. However, that’s just me trying to read the tea leaves.

• ukjaybrat
      11:31 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

i would agree. matt is their best product in this state and i think they would be (rightfully) afraid to lose him to tv if that show exhibits even a little success

• Realme
      11:39 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

They probably have certain rights over what other ventures he can do in his contract. I hope it works out, I would dvr every tv show, just like I listen to every radio show.

• ukjaybrat
      12:19 pm August 4, 2016 Permalink

would be hard to keep up. i can listen to podcasts at work. would be harder to keep up with a dvr’d show though. unless i can stream it on my phone on demand. but something tells my lex18 won’t have that capability

3. CATandMONKEY
    10:21 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Humphries in the first five is a bit surprising but also very cool. I have liked his game and attitude.
    This is a very talented and potentially a very deep team.

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:36 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Hey Hempers!

5. I know they’re not talking football right now, but I had to post this (I also posted it on a football thread about Elam…or at least tried to…I got the dreaded “Awaiting…” message):

Well, I think SOME criticism is fair when even the HC admits he’s had a problem putting down the fork (J-Lo anyone?). However, you are correct in that he would almost certainly have red shirted as a frosh if he had gone to Bama, and I hope more people will realize it was unrealistic to expect him to play like an All SEC his freshman year. Some KSR commenters who seem to know more about football than I do have said that his main problem is not being able to stay low off the snap, he just stands straight up. Hopefully he’s trimming down enough to improve in that area. If so, SEC centers better watch out!

Also, I believe Sentient Third Eye at #4 is correct that our frequent offensive ineptitude last year didn’t help Elam or the rest of the defense get rested.

I also hope the criticism doesn’t discourage him, but instead motivates him. If you’re reading this, GO GET ‘EM MATT!!! SHOW THEM WHY SABAN WANTED YOU!!!!!!!!!

• Realme
      10:55 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

I feel for someone who knows food can ruin their life but still can’t control their eating (like Jared, as you mentioned). It’s a real addiction. That said, hopefully he will lose enough to start being more successful on the field, and then that will motivate him to keep at it.

• J-Dub421
      11:05 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

On the whole, I get tired of people expecting players (football, basketball, or any other sport) to be a finished product at 18 years of age. People can (and should) continue to improve themselves, both in sports and in life. Look at Demarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis, they continue to improve as players. They weren’t set in stone after their one year at UK.

• ukjaybrat
      11:07 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

food hasn’t ruined my life (yet) but i too have issues controlling the amount of food i eat at times. food family and uk basketball are at the pinnacle of my passions in life.

• cats paw
      1:48 pm August 4, 2016 Permalink

Jdub means she gets tired of hearing it about UK players. now if they went to LSU or Kansas, etc. she calls them losers and underachievers.

• J-Dub421
      3:42 pm August 4, 2016 Permalink

Cats paw is upset because his stupid cardinals lose to UK all the time.

6. secrick
    10:51 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

I heard KSR is going off the air or radio, any truth to that?

7. bigcatinva
    10:52 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Can we please at least mention opening day of football camp? I apologize if you are doing it the second hour but a particular of our fan base Freddie Maggard included include the first day of camp as a holiday.

8. J-Dub421
    10:52 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Elena Delle Donne “plays for the other team,” to use Seinfeld parlance. Matt was barking up the wrong tree.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:11 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

J-Dub FTW

• ukjaybrat
      11:12 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

maybe he was hoping for an inter-league scrimmage 😀

Not that I think Matt has the sexual prowess to pull that off. Drew? maybe, but not Matt.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

His team needs a short-stop!

9. CATandMONKEY
    11:17 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Ryan is always just:

10. TDog
    11:42 am August 4, 2016 Permalink

Seriously? Barely any mention on yesterday’s leave of absence and then they drop Jay for even mentioning it. Extremely unprofessional. Everyone who works for KSR is just acting like it didn’t happen. It’s silly, to say the least.

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:16 pm August 4, 2016 Permalink

In fact, it’s “the most ridiculous manner possible”. KSR is living up to its motto!

• ukjaybrat
      12:17 pm August 4, 2016 Permalink

they probably can’t talk about it for legal reasons. no need to talk bad about them for not talking about something they probably can’t talk about without getting sued.

11. ukbradstith
    12:22 pm August 4, 2016 Permalink

They could have put up something that said they were having a replay , no need to give a detailed reason. But they didn’t even say that much, and yes that is very unprofessional and just plain weird.