KSR is in Mt. Sterling (and the Show Thread is back!)

You talked, we listened. After a week and a half away, the show thread has returned to KSR. Instead of leaving your random comments on BTI’s beautiful work, use this space to discuss today’s show, which is coming to you live from Mann Chrysler in Mt. Sterling. Today, Matt, Drew, and Shannon the Dude will discuss all the latest happenings, and do another round of the restaurant bracket. Here’s where we currently stand:

Hear the breakdown of round one of the East Region at the link below:

KSR’s 3rd Annual Restaurant/Fast Food Bracket

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

68 Comments for KSR is in Mt. Sterling (and the Show Thread is back!)

1. Booby Petrino
    9:53 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Aw, thanks KSR! We love you too! #showthread4life

2. runningunnin.454
    9:57 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Happy days are here again!

3. Booby Petrino
    10:03 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Where is everyone? Who up?

4. Realme
    10:06 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Tyler! Thanks very much.

• RealCatsFan
      10:19 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

I was wondering why there weren’t any comments on BTI’s thread. πŸ™‚ Now he is going back to having a handful of comments telling him he sucks. πŸ˜€

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Wasn’t that BTI’s click bait yesterday about players protesting during the National Anthem? That got over 100 comments; sat that one out; why wish for controversy?

5. runningunnin.454
    10:06 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Did ya see that a Philadelphia Eagles fan and 30 year season ticket holder was buried yesterday?
    Friends wearing Eagles jerseys served as pall bearers,
    He had requested in his obit, that he wanted Eagles players to serve in that capacity so “they could let him down one last time”.
    Good one.

• Realme
      10:10 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

I always have the utmost respect for people who are buried in UK gear.

6. Stuck on Blue
    10:11 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

I used to love Court Day when I lived in KY. Skipped school with a friend one year to go.

7. Realme
    10:14 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

If it had real animals, I still wouldn’t pay $60. That’s really high.

• RealCatsFan
      10:18 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Yep. And I think 99% of the people who do go will not come back for a return visit. What could change? I just can’t see this thing making it long term. How long will it take for some teenagers to “tag” it with a can of spray paint?

• Booby Petrino
      10:19 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

same

• I’d love to see it, but $60 is expensive. Every venue and form of entertainment is expensive these days.

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

I’m more into something like the Newport Aquarium or the Indy Science Museum. I guess the Ark might be cool to see up close just for the sheer size of it, but just looking at a bunch of stuffed animals inside it doesn’t do much for me.

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

CG, even the stuff that used to be cheap or even free is going up. Soon they will be charging for parking at Waterfront Park in Louisville. And they wonder why they can’t keep any waterfront restaurants in business.

8. runningunnin.454
    10:15 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Anti-ark; is that a thing?

• Realme
      10:21 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

People who don’t like religion, and religious organizations being tax exempt hate it.

• meeksfor3
      10:32 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

and statues of rebel leaders and people with the same name as rebel leaders and……

• runningunnin.454
      10:38 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

They’ll go after Washington and Jefferson next;
      Also, Columbus but I don’t know why,
      And Teddy Roosevelt but they don’t know why.

• Realme
      10:40 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Yeah I heard Columbus is out now. Maybe they’re mad the country they live in exists?

• Booby Petrino
      10:47 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Columbus Day is now Indigenous People’s Day apparently.

• Realme
      10:50 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

I’m sure descendants of Native Americans don’t feel condescended to at all by that.

• Booby Petrino
      10:54 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

basically you can’t even talk these days without offending someone.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Columbus never set foot in America, so he didn’t discover it. Also he just murdered indigenous people by the thousands on the islands he went to. Not sure why he was ever celebrated.

• Realme
      11:45 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Much of history is downright horrible, American and World. I don’t think people need to put energy into erasing Columbus, because I don’t think he’s actually being celebrated anyways. I support moving Lexington’s statues, it makes sense to me, but there has to be a line somewhere. I wish people would put their passion into the world we live in now, instead of being angry about the past.

9. BigBlueFootball84
    10:17 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Ha, thought I was the only one who wrote them about this.

10. runningunnin.454
    10:22 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Did anybody ask Joe B. if he thought Pitino knew; he used to do raids late at night to check on the players in the dorm. I would see him in the hall, and I would say, “I’m going to bed right now, Coach”.
    He would just smile.

• Were you the guy who had to follow Melvin Turpin and make sure he didn’t over eat? πŸ™‚
      JK. From what you’ve said before, I think you predated Turpin.

It was so sad to hear about the way he passed.

• runningunnin.454
      10:41 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, I was way before Mel. Actually, I was a pretty good sneak; after Coach Hall would leave, I would sneak burgers and pizza to the players at 1 or 2 a.m.

• Realme
      10:42 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

RG, tell us more about this. Few people have the honor of sharing a dorm with the team.

• RG, one day I’m going to remember to take a pic of that drawing I have of the early 70’s team and post a link to it in my Google Drive or something.

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Well, I was in Holmes Hall with the freshman team, some of the varsity were there; but, they didn’t have the tight reins the young guys did. One of the guys, I remember, turned me on to Wild Turkey…it was made in his hometown. And I remember I never could beat K. Grevey in ping pong…he had a mean left handed curve ball.

• GoBigBlu
      11:06 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Very cool RG!!

• Wow. You were living among and rubbing elbows with legends.

• runningunnin.454
      11:11 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

The championship game against UCLA was my first heartbreak. Wooden had to throw his little fit, and get T’d up; Grevey missed two FT’s, and that never, never happened. It upset our whole team.

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

There have been so many “should have been’s” through the years of Kentucky basketball that we could easily have 15 championships. BTI should do an article to see if there is another program that has had as many near misses as we have.

• GoBigBlu
      11:24 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

That Arizona game in ’97….if DA had played 🀔….and would have been 3 National titles in a row….that one still hurts!

• J-Dub421
      11:37 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

GoBigBlu, if that game had any semblance of decent officiating we’d have won regardless. AZ 41 free throws, KY 17 free throws. AZ didn’t make a single basket in overtime and still won because of the zebras.

• GoBigBlu
      11:50 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

J-Dub, that sounds familiar, unfortunately. Which now begs the question….how many national titles have the refs cost us? Very subjective but I think we have an idea 😑

• GoBigBlu
      12:13 pm August 24, 2017 Permalink

I meant to say how many times the refs screwed up our way toward the national championship game (like the UK / unc game this year)

• Yep, SO MANY woulda coulda shouldas.

• runningunnin.454
      11:39 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Yep J-Dub, just like our last game in Lawrence.

• J-Dub421
      11:55 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

To this day, I still loathe Mike Bibby and Lon Kruger. I thought we had that game when Epps nailed a three at the buzzer to tie it and push it to overtime.

11. RealCatsFan
    10:27 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

So Drew is going to an Amish wedding? Then I am assuming there will be no booze there. Sounds pretty boring to me. πŸ˜‰

A friend of mine who is Catholic married a girl who is Baptist. So they had a Catholic wedding ceremony (lasted for an hour and a half) and a Baptist reception (no booze). I told him he totally got it backwards! πŸ˜€

• runningunnin.454
      11:33 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

That is totally backwards. I used to frequent a pub, and became friends with a couple of Catholic priests.
      We would have some interesting discussions while they puffed on their cigars, and nursed their beers.

12. IU went 40-0? Facts are optional.

13. Realme
    10:53 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

I had someone (presumably drunk) try to get into my house with their key late one night. I’d never leave a door unlocked though, they went away when I turned on the lights.

• Booby Petrino
      10:55 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

I knocked on the wrong door the other day when I visited my niece. When I told her that I had done that, my other niece chimed in with “Oh I went in that apartment the other day thinking it was hers.”

14. Realme
    10:54 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

GO CHESTER GO!!!!!!

15. taylorsvillecat
    11:16 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Ah, Show Thread, we missed you.

16. Ky ski nut
    11:20 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Your all’s discussions of Last Chance U has me and the wife drinking the Kool Aid now.

17. RealCatsFan
    11:30 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

So how many people say “first time long time” when they call Matt just to hear him say “Huuahh”, even when they have called several times ago? πŸ˜‰

18. RealCatsFan
    11:44 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Drew talking about his roommate working at Big Boy for some reason conjures up the image of Judge Reinhold sitting at the light in his fast food pirate hat and a hot chick pulling up next to him and laughing at him. (That hot chick happened to be Nancy Wilson of the rock group Heart). Great film that I would love to sit down and watch again.

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

“Fast Times at Ridgemont High” that is…

• runningunnin.454
      11:51 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

Ridgemont High was funny; not typical teen movie. The director, Amy Heckerling, also did Clueless which was also decent (except for the line “I’m only 16 and this is California, not Kentucky”.

19. Realme
    11:50 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

I don’t like Ale 8 either.

• J-Dub421
      11:56 am August 24, 2017 Permalink

I like it, but can definitely understand why some don’t.

20. ukjaybrat
    12:54 pm August 24, 2017 Permalink

JFC first show thread back and i missed it. work is stupidly annoying sometimes. See you all tomorrow !