KSR is in Louisville! (Wednesday Show Thread)

Today’s stop on the KSR Summer Tour is in Louisville at Academy Sports + Outdoors. The gang is at Academy’s Outer Loop location (not the other one) to talk about the NBA draft, Coach Cal’s U19 team, thew new football commitment and more, so stop by if you can or tune in on your radios.

Tour schedule:

06/12/17: Prestonsburg — StoneCrest Golf Course
06/13/17: London — Sleep Outfitters
06/14/17: Russell Springs — Lawless-Smith True Value Supply
06/15/17: Somerset — Ashley HomeStore
06/16/17: Lexington — Don Franklin Auto Mall

06/19/17: Danville — Dexter Insurance
06/20/17: Leitchfield — Future Designs Building Materials
06/21/17: Louisville — Academy Sports + Outdoors
06/22/17: Henderson — Sleep Outfitters
06/23/17: Owensboro — Don Moore Automotive Group

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

34 Comments for KSR is in Louisville! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. ukkatzfan
    10:15 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

On iHeart WLAP, I am breaking up like crazy. Widespread?

• ukjaybrat
      10:17 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

i’m podcasting today bc work is SOOOO demanding. god forbid i listen to KSR when we have 2 dozen visitors in to work on a new piece of supply chain framework software. GAWD !

• RealCatsFan
      10:24 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

jay, KSR should NEVER take a back seat to something as menial as work. Earbud up, soldier! 😀

2. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    10:16 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Man love you guys, but the iheart app is having some terrible sound difficulties. Hard to listen today

3. BAsil2Tyler
    10:16 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

iHeart sounds horrible. ukkatzfan, it is widespread for sure.

4. Craig
    10:21 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

We heard it, it just sounded bad. It still sounds bad, just a bit less bad.

5. For a few days now I haven’t been able to stream AT ALL on Chrome or Edge. I’ve had to go to Firefox which I don’t like, but it’s the only one working with iHeart right now.

6. So they’re saying the Under 19 tourney is literally UK v. the world?! 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      10:26 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

UK, and potential UK. My favorite part is the way Cal gave Bolden the boot. That’s what you get for turning down the Cats to be a dookie!

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, and the world has a problem.

• *laughs* at RCF.

• ukjaybrat
      10:28 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

well i was curious about that. did he give him the boot because he turned down uk for duke? or did he give him the boot because he really isn’t capable of playing at a high level and didn’t want to waste his time teaching him up (mostly because he’s a dookie and didn’t want to do k’s job for him)?

a lot going on there

• J-Dub421
      10:33 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I haven’t been that impressed by what I’ve seen from Bolden. He’s slow. He only looked good in high school because he was usually bigger than everyone else.

• TBW3011
      1:00 pm June 21, 2017 Permalink

Honestly never thought he was good in high school. Was wondering what I was missing. Looks like nothing.

• runningunnin.454
      11:07 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Bolden going to Duke had nothing to do with his getting sent home…Cal is just not like that.
      Fact is even Dakari was much more dominating as a freshman that Bolden is now, and he’s too slow for this team.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Sounds like they are routing their phone connections through New Delhi on a piece of yarn with tin cans on the end.

• Or Sarah’s switchboard in Mayberry.

• BTW, me complaining about iHeart not working reminds me of this:

• I remember I always liked October so much because it started getting dark early enough that I could listen to Van Vance, then Tony Cruise, then Lachlan, on my radio when I got home from work. Now we can just stream on multiple devices and listen to just about any radio station in the world, including WLAP. Everything IS amazing.

• runningunnin.454
      10:37 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Sarah, get me Juanita at the diner.

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, I used to listen to Lach on SportsTalk on 840 when mowing the grass with my ear protection / headset on. Then they replaced it with a bunch of political crap. Even though he is a UofL fan, I would much rather listen to Vanetti in that spot – at least he is funny some of the time. There is already too much political drivel on the airwaves.

• I guess they figured there are enough 24/7 sports stations now that it wasn’t necessary. Plus, we now have KSR. I thought Lach was good though, so I wish he was still doing sports.

• RealCatsFan
      11:11 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Like we needed more political garbage on the radio? Gee there aren’t enough of those nutjobs out there spewing off.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:27 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

There is NO WAY that the entire UofL basketball team didn’t know there were ho’s in the dorms. When you are 18-22 years old and a dude, about the only thing you think about all day are nookie and sports. NO WAY someone wasn’t talking about this in front of the other players.

• ukjaybrat
      10:29 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

As close as those players get living, eating, playing, and breathing together, there’s no way they didn’t know.

• J-Dub421
      10:35 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

They all knew. Some chose not to participate, but they still knew. I read Powell’s book. She said Siva would pass through say hi and take a few photos with the girls (because they all loved him), but he wouldn’t stay. Hancock and Djeng both knew but would leave when stuff started to go down. Most of the rest attended the parties except the walkons.

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Saw where a Lexington minister rained down on UL; I wonder what the pastors in Louisville are saying;
      naughty, naughty….boys will be boys.

9. J-Dub421
    10:52 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Russ Smith was one of the biggest offenders and there are tons of photos of him with Katina Powell and her girls. For Russ to continue to pretend like he’s the good guy and none of this happened is ridiculous and stupid.

• TBW3011
      1:02 pm June 21, 2017 Permalink

Gotta correct you here. It’s not ridiculous and stupid. It’s Russdiculous and stupid.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:13 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Wow, sorry to hear about Knox injuring his hamstring. Bummer.

11. J-Dub421
    11:16 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

Can those schools afford to do pay players? Also, those schools have vastly inferior coaching compared to UK, Duke, etc.

12. BluKudzu
    11:35 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

WFPL in Louisville, is reporting the State Auditor is demanding U of L to provide more Funds for the YUM center. Further state reps are calling for a full audit of U of L Athletics. It seems the 350 million shortfall being paid by fellow Kentucky citizens is a hot point. Sad write up on their Web page if you want to read it.
    Shows how low and dirty U of L is.

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

That falls in line with all the other corruption that has gone down at U of L.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:43 am June 21, 2017 Permalink

If we had won the UNC game, Isaac would have been remembered the way that Harrelson was remembered for the dodgeball off the chest of Sullinger. He truly would have been “Jorts 2.0”. 🙂 Instead, Maye became UNC’s folk hero, which is patently unfair because of all the cheating that went on there. Still waiting for karma to smack UNCheat like it has UofL.