KSR is in London today (Tuesday Show Thread)

It’s Day 2 of the KSR tour! The guys are at Sleep Outfitters in London for today’s show. Check out the schedule of where you can find KSR the rest of this week and next on the first leg of the tour:

6/12 — Prestonsburg — Stonecrest Golf Course
6/13 — London — Sleep Outfitters
6/14 — Russell Springs — Lawless-Smith True Value
6/15 — Somerset — Ashley Furniture
6/16 — Lexington — Don Franklin Auto on Richmond Road

6/19 — Danville — Dexter Insurance
6/20 — Leitchfield — Future Designs
6/21 — Louisville — Academy Sports on Outer Loop
6/22 — Henderson — Sleep Outfitters
6/23 — Owensboro area — Don Moore Auto

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for KSR is in London today (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:07 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

NBA over; going to be a long summer, and I’m looking forward to the U19 games…everybody stay safe.
    Are the games going to be on TV?

• Realme
      10:12 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

We are pretty much half-way through the long stretch of Saturdays with no college bball or fball. That’s progress.

It’s so weird, because I hate everything about winter the season, but I just want this beautiful summer to hurry up.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:15 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

In past years, many lower-profile USA basketball games have been on NBA TV. If you get it, that’s one place to watch.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Wimbledon starts next month. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Realme, Summer is my favorite season, and June is my favorite month. I actually like the break from sports on TV so i can get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. When I die and (hopefully) go to Heaven, I hope it’s June year-round.

• ukjaybrat
      10:41 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

cheers to that RCF.

I use the summer months to enjoy the outdoors, grill out as much as possible. get the kids outside.
      I usually take an entire month off from drinking to reset and get my body in [a better] shape.
      and there’s no sports stressing me out the whole time. good times.

• Realme
      11:00 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

I would like heaven to cycle through Apr-June and Oct-Nov weather, but have UK basketball the whole time.

• WildWVCat
      12:12 pm June 13, 2017 Permalink

Amen.

2. Realme
    10:25 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

We’ve skipped a nephew’s birthday party because a bball game was on.

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

LOL, my family knows not to schedule events on the same day as UK basketball and football games.
      They would have the games on TV; but, they don’t want to hear me, over and over, saying…HUSH.

• ukjaybrat
      10:43 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

yeah i have some louisville in my family and they just don’t care. i either don’t show up or i come with headphones and they can just deal with it.

• J-Dub421
      10:52 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

I have watched more than one game on my phone at friends’ houses…

3. Realme
    10:27 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

I will love Dominique forever. That is all.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:36 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Well, work still sucks, but at least my foot doesn’t hurt as bad this morning. Still, I’ll be way too busy to post much of anything, but I will still be listening to KSR via BlueTooth.

• Realme
      10:52 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

We’ll hold down the fort.

• J-Dub421
      10:53 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Hope you feel better.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:46 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

In other basketball news, Dennis Rodman is back in North Korea for another “unofficial” visit.
    Hope he packed a case of Hennessey for the little fat dictator.

• If you want to hear how scary it would be to live in that country and under that regime, go to the Eric Bischoff [yes, the wrestling Eric Bischoff 🙂 ]) podcast. Listen to Sonny Ono on the June 6 episode talk about what it was like when the WCW went to N. Korea in the 90’s. Terrible.

Sorry I don’t remember at what point they talk about that, but be thankful you don’t live there. Rodman is sick in the head acting like that little dictator is a good guy.

• RealCatsFan
      11:16 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Will it be “The Interview” all over again? 🙂

• Nope. 😛

I’ll just give you a few tidbits:
      1) They pressured the Americans to say for propaganda that N. Korea is a better country than America.
      2) One wrestler (Scott Flash Norton) had his hotel phone cut off when he said something to his wife like “This is awful. Get me out of here.” They were all shadowed by N. Korean secret service types.
      3) Bischoff and Ono said they never saw one animal. Not one. No dog, no cat, no squirrel, no bird, and all the people are basically emaciated, while that fat dictator (the dad at that time) is gorging himself on fine foods.

• J-Dub421
      11:40 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

All of that is still true. North Korea also controls the media, and what their people see on the internet.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

CG, sounds like the kind of crap the North Vietnamese did – force captives to say they were being treated well when they were actually being tortured and starved.

• Saddam Hussein’s people did that to our guys in the first Gulf War too.

It’s hard to imagine that the only meat some folks have is squirrel or sparrows, when they can find one.

• Oh well, sorry to be such a downer! Have a blessed day everyone! And be thankful you live in the USA!!!

6. Realme
    10:54 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

COUSINS WALL AND BLEDSOE PLEASE!

• Realme
      10:58 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Sorry for shouting I got excited.

• Realme
      11:11 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Why don’t they talk about this topic based on current players that could actually play? It’s a real thing that is going to happen in 20-whatever.

7. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Eric C. Conn sounds a bit out of touch mentally. I think a mental inquest warrant will be issued when they get him. Maybe he is trying to play out that angle.

• J-Dub421
      11:18 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

I’m sure newspapers want to publish the rantings of a wanted criminal accusing others of wrongdoing and open themselves up to a nice libel suit…

8. Realme
    11:19 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Poor Matt. Like it’s so alien to not be married.

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

I think Matt is a confirmed bachelor at this point. He’s almost 40, if he hasn’t married by now, he’s unlikely to do so. Plus he doesn’t want to have kids.

• Realme
      11:25 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

I agree, but I wouldn’t have expected Drew to settle on one gal, and he’s in luuuuvvvvv, so you never know. My point though is that it’s not nice to act like a person is a weirdo for not being married at his age.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

That doesn’t fall into our cultural cult of baby making.

• RealCatsFan
      11:37 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

I love my kids, and I like kids in general, but I fully appreciate that it is a darned good thing that some folks prefer to not have kids, whatever their reasons may be. The population on this planet is large enough already. I don’t look at it as “selfish” to not want kids – in fact, in some ways one could look at it as “selfish” to want 4, 5, 6 or more kids. Why not have a couple of your own and adopt if you want a huge family?

• J-Dub421
      11:51 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Don’t get me wrong, I like kids. I just don’t want to have any. I am mostly just annoyed that women/girls get motherhood forced on them constantly. Girls start getting indoctrinated into the cult of “mommy” as toddlers. Look at girl’s toys, play ovens/food, toy vacuum cleaners, and lots and lots of baby dolls.

When my now husband and I did the requisite pre-marriage counselling, I was honest and told our priest that I wasn’t sure if I wanted kids. We (mostly me) got lectured for a solid hour about how it was our (my) duty to have kids, and that I basically have no value in life/society except as a baby maker, and having kids should be my ultimate goal in life. Long story short we switched priests. I found it exceptionally hypocritical coming from a dude who is never going to get married or have kids because he’s a priest.

• Realme
      11:55 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Agree, guys. To me it’s bizarre that having / not having children is an acceptable thing to put people on the spot about, let alone judge someone’s decision. I think having kids because you’re expected to is the stupidest reason you could have.

• runningunnin.454
      1:03 pm June 13, 2017 Permalink

That brings up something I read one time, about an Italian woman who told some religious leader, maybe a Cardinal or a Priest, discussing oral contraceptives.
      “You don’t play the game, you don’t make the rules”.

9. Realme
    11:32 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Everything about the funeral industry is a greedy money-grab. Everything they do is massively marked up, and not actually even necessary. I listened to an Adam Ruins Everything episode about it and it was fascinating.

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

I love that show.

• Realme
      11:40 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

I find the sketch parts of the tv show annoying, but it’s awesome how he can break down a topic and point out the reasons or lack there of for all kinds of societal conventions / absurdities. As a sociology major, it’s right up my alley. There’s a podcast version that is more in depth and less silly.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:38 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

I listen to Jerry Eaves frequently since it follows KSR on 1080, and although it gets boring sometimes, Jerry generally has a pretty centered view of sports, especially for an ex-UofL guy. I kind of like hearing his viewpoint. He was absolutely ripping UofL’s foundation and leadership yesterday.

11. Philthy
    2:41 pm June 13, 2017 Permalink

Major college sports are played Sept thru May. That’s why weddings are supposed to be during the summer months.