KSR is in…Lexington! (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from…The Red Mile in Lexington! Kick off the holiday weekend by coming out to 1200 Red Mile Road to watch the show and register for tickets to a UK basketball or football game.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

71 Comments for KSR is in…Lexington! (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:49 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Back in Lexington today?! Awesome.

Happy 4th everyone and stay safe.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:11 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Did you all see the baseball video on the Tweets post? A batter is seemingly swinging at a ball 4 feet outside; and someone said it must be a Cin Red. I guess baseball’s not their sport.
    The runner on first was trying to steal 2nd; the catcher called for a pitch-out; and, the batter was trying to distract the catcher and protect the runner.
    In the old days, Yogi Berra of the Yankees use to throw the bat and try to knock the ball down.
    I just thought someone’s lack of understanding of the “favorite pastime” was funny.

3. J-Dub421
    10:32 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Self driving cars (if the technology was good enough) would probably result in fewer accidents because a lot of people don’t pay attention when driving. I see people driving while texting etc. on a daily basis.

• RealCatsFan
      10:41 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Yep, to a certain degree, a lot of cars are “self driving” already. 😉

• Realme
      10:43 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I agree that they will be safer in general, but the idea that no one will be driving at all in 34 years is silly.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:46 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

In 34 years, all the classics will still be out there, and they will still require real drivers, not just victims-in-waiting like that idiot in his Tesla.

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Self driving cars just won’t fly.

• J-Dub421
      11:10 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I don’t think that all cars will be self-driving. But it would be an improvement for a lot of people. Then they can be on their phones all they want.

• CatManDo
      12:05 pm July 1, 2016 Permalink

I am driving while typing this.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:40 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Missed it – who are they talking to with the new info about Willis?

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

His dad.

5. J-Dub421
    10:40 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Well, that is good to hear. Glad Derek didn’t drive drunk.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:46 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I’m sure the keys were in the house. I made sure I never locked my car and always left the door wide open at parties when I was in college. I’m not saying I don’t believe Willis’ dad, but I’m also not oblivious to a kid wanting to stay out of legal trouble either.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:49 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I don’t really believe that he wasn’t driving, but I’m willing to chalk it up to a kid getting a lucky break that will hopefully teach him a valuable lesson.

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Just saying that the car was clearly not running. The lights were off, the dome light was off, it looked parked. No one knows for sure, but it’s possible that they were left passed out in the car. I wasn’t there obviously, so I don’t know. However, as sauced as Derek was, I don’t see how he wouldn’t have hit a bunch of other cars that were parked on the street, and that was not the case.

• runningunnin.454
      11:13 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Got to hand it to Derek’s dad for calling in, knowing that subject would come up. I think it’s fair to say that Derek has received some tough love since that weekend.

6. Realme
    10:42 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

So, do we believe that story? He just somehow ended up in the road next to the open driver’s door, and they left him there for the police to find?

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

The driver likely went into the house and fell asleep, then he woke up at some point and tried to get out of the car (still intoxicated) and passed out again. The dome light in the car had shut off, so he could have been there for a while.

• Realme
      10:53 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I would like to believe that story, but my bs alarm is screaming. By your theory, why was the driver door the open one, if he would have exited from a different seat?

• J-Dub421
      11:00 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Who the heck knows. However I have had to leave a friend who had over-indulged in my car parked in front of my house before for the exact same reason. Big dude, out-weighs me by about 80 lbs, passed out cold, and there was absolutely no way that I could lift him when he was dead weight. I left him passed out in my car and went inside and brushed my teeth and went to bed. He stumbled into the house and went to sleep on the couch a few hours later.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:10 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

1+1 is not equaling 2 for me. Pretty obvious he was the one on the driver’s side regardless of when the car was on the road. Like I mentioned in a previous comment section awhile back…A DUI can be labeled the “intent” to drive. You do not have to be in a rolling vehicle to be slapped with that charge. The “keys in the house” is the detail that could save him, but I don’t believe it. With that said, I’m not the judge, jury, police, or his dad. I would have beat his @$$ if he were mine. Yeah, even at 20 years old.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Ha! J-Dub, I have had to do that with my wife a number of times after she hits the Merlot hard. I guess that’s when you know that the honeymoon is over – when you give up carrying her into the house. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Drunk people do stupid and sometimes unexplainable things.

7. Kentuckyhomegrown
    10:44 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Yeah thats his dad, doing anything he can to stick up for his son, so cant blame him.

Seriously anyone who says western virginia needs to dig a shallow grave and take a nap

• Matt Jones
      10:58 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Thanks for listening to the show and giving my page click$. Seriously, I appreciate it.

8. J-Dub421
    10:44 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Coal does not need to be brought back. There is no such thing as clean coal and we need to get away from our reliance on fossil fuels. We also need to stop destroying our beautiful state trying to mine it.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:48 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

If you say there is no such thing as clean coal, you are speaking from ignorance. The one fossil fuel we need to stop using is brain-dead, leftist, dinosaur political beliefs.

• Billy Hill
      10:56 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Do the other 48 states need coal to keep the lights on?

• ClutchCargo
      11:26 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Billy Hill, do you actually not realize that the train cars and barges loaded down with coal are headed to many of those other states?

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I’m so sick of all the political labeling – on both sides. Yes, coal is cheap and plentiful, but getting it out of the ground is problematic, and I think there is no denying that as a fossil fuel it is going to contribute to hydrocarbon emissions. Have you seen what mountaintop removal is doing to the landscape out in Eastern KY?

• Billy Hill
      11:34 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

If I’m a coal worker and the coal industry ceases to exist, does that mean I’ll have to educate myself in order to find a job? 😱

• J-Dub421
      11:36 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Plus we could just sit on all that coal fo another million years, and then we’d have diamonds! 🙂

• Billy Hill
      12:32 pm July 1, 2016 Permalink

Dunt need no edukashun in Tucky. Weelfare and traylers are like hevan. Evryone no we stupid.

• Billy Hill
      1:59 pm July 1, 2016 Permalink

Oheeo dats ware the reel smurt peeple live . we all screw our sesters to get smurter

9. Kentuckyhomegrown
    10:44 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

WV did not get any news because the state does not have a big african american population..its 1000% obvious

• Billy Hill
      10:52 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

You’re weird, bro.

• Realme
      10:54 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Nailed it, Billy.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

And that, folks, is what happens when you smoke too much of that “homegrown”.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:23 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I suggest that the defect existed prior to any exposure to KY’s finest, as I know about 25 people in Lexington who only consume “homegrown” and would philosophically differ 180 degrees from the OP.

10. ajgrad
    10:47 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Matt, did you get to see the new Match Game hosted by Alex Baldwin? It was amazing and I know you love Match Game and it’s amazing theme song.

11. CATandMONKEY
    10:49 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

OMG: Ryan is actually interacting in public, adult society.

12. RealCatsFan
    10:56 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I can tell that Matt is just thinking “please make this lady stop crying”.

• Realme
      10:59 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

As a daughter in law of a crazy woman, I kind of feel for Ashley right now.

13. Laker Cat 18
    10:58 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I saw Josh Carrier hit 29 out of 30 three point attempts in a pre-game years ago. I’m not going all in on Brad Calipari being the 3-point specialist on this team, but I’m not going to write him off either.

• Realme
      11:00 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Shooting in games is very different. Matt never gives Monk any credit either. He’s supposed to be really good.

• Billy Hill
      11:05 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I must have missed the part where people were saying Brad was supposed to be our 3-point specialist this year

• Realme
      11:08 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

It was that caller, who saw him shooting against Mulder and then made a bit of a leap to maybe he’s our best shooter this year.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I doubt Brad will play 20 minutes per game or anything, but if he plays a few minutes here and there to give one of the other guards a breather and manages to hit a three or two, I won’t complain.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:13 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I haven’t seen anything out of Mulder to put that label on him since he’s been here. He was definitely given that label when he was brought in.

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I don’t see us having a shooter that comes close to what Murray did this year, so we all need to temper our expectations. That’s going to be a hard act to follow.

14. CATandMONKEY
    11:00 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

What ever happened to the OTHER Jay; that went MIA on-air, a few years ago?
    …and this is NOT to detract from the venerable caller “Jay from Lyndon “

• J-Dub421
      11:19 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

One of the great mysteries of KSR.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:27 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

….and the Waddy campout and the 24 hours of KSR…
      and the Uncensored Billy Gillespie Podcast…and…

…and

…and

…and

15. runningunnin.454
    11:16 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Agreement on politics will never happen; no one is going to change any other person’s opinion.
    Voting is the important thing….my Dad always told me, ” if you don’t vote, you can’t complain”.
    And, I’ve been complaining for 7 1/2 years.

16. CATandMONKEY
    11:19 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Matt’s 2028 Presidential Campaign slogan:
    “WE DON’T NEED TWO DAKOTAS!”

Fixing Line-5 would only hasten the Zombie Apocalypse.

17. RealCatsFan
    11:20 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Phone rang with a customer, so I missed Matt’s rant on why do people get so upset about politics – sure wish I had a DVR rewind for iHeart.

I think politics has sunk to the level of pro wrestling. Everyone knows it is fake, but they still pick their favorites and get all worked up to the point where they want to bust the guy who roots for “the other team” over the head with a chair. If you really want to see meaningful change in politics, DON’T vote for either major party. Vote for an independent. If enough voters did that, the major parties might get the message that we are sick of their BS. At the very least, any clown running as an independent couldn’t really be any worse that the ones with the donkeys or elephants.

18. Theymademesignup
    11:21 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

What happened to Matt’s First Take appearance? Did they find out he is a total pretentious douchebag?

• CATandMONKEY
      11:29 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

You are paying VERY close attention to someone you find so abhorrent.

• Billy Hill
      11:31 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Oh look, this idiot is back….

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

That pretentious douchebag really appreciates the hits you are giving to his site.

• ClutchCargo
      11:32 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

You’re talking about a show that has had Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless on there for years, so I don’t think that’s a deal breaker.

• ukjaybrat
      11:33 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

and you signed up just to be a jerk. congratulations…

19. Bleedblueky
    11:31 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

I don’t want to see Ryan naked body even if he pays me $500 🙂 LOL

• Bleedblueky
      11:32 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Ryan’s 🙁

20. Realme
    11:44 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Wonder what Amanda will think of this (hilarious) idea.

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

She’ll probably think more women will try to “steal” Ryan.

• Realme
      11:49 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

Funny and true,

21. RealCatsFan
    11:50 am July 1, 2016 Permalink

This is going to sound like sacrilege to a lot of guys, but IMO Pamela Anderson was much more attractive early in her career before she became a blonde and had all the “work” done. She was drop-dead gorgeous back then, and all of the enhancements have turned her into a Barbie-like caricature.