KSR is in Leitchfield! (Tuesday Show Thread)

Get on out to Future Designs Building Materials in Leitchfield for today’s stop on the KSR Summer Tour. If you join the party, you might just walk away with Big Blue Madness tickets! The guys are giving some away to a KSR fan in the crowd.

Tour schedule:

06/12/17: Prestonsburg — StoneCrest Golf Course
06/13/17: London — Sleep Outfitters
06/14/17: Russell Springs — Lawless-Smith True Value Supply
06/15/17: Somerset — Ashley HomeStore
06/16/17: Lexington — Don Franklin Auto Mall

06/19/17: Danville — Dexter Insurance
06/20/17: Leitchfield — Future Designs Building Materials
06/21/17: Louisville — Academy Sports + Outdoors
06/22/17: Henderson — Sleep Outfitters
06/23/17: Owensboro — Don Moore Automotive Group

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for KSR is in Leitchfield! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. ky196
    10:14 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

I work at the main post office in Cincinnati, and they get a lot of bees passing through there this time of year. I asked someone about them and he told me it is largely for pollination of fields.

2. katfan33
    10:16 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Any news on why AM 1340 in Bowling Green isn’t carrying the KSR show? It wasn’t on Monday or Tuesday.

• ky196
      10:18 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

At least you normally get to listen live, we in Northern Ky have to listen on Iheart or podcast.

• runningunnin.454
      10:39 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

There’s a Glasgow station listed.

3. secrick
    10:36 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

2 months till Football

4. Realme
    10:41 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

These stories are weak. “I met one of them.” “I saw them at a concert.” Joe B. “taught” me how to mix lemonade with iced tea. We’ve all seen these people in public. Surely some listeners have had interesting interactions.

• Realme
      10:58 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Good grief, they’re getting worse.

• Realme
      10:58 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Someone with a touching story of a hospital visit could call in and easily win.

5. Ray in Paducah
    10:43 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

In 2002 I was driving on the side street beside Memorial Coliseum (Lexington Ave.?) and almost hit Bogans running across the street from practice towards the dorms. After that I realized they should close that street to traffic.

6. Realme
    10:46 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Over under on how many words Matt will mispronounce during his 8 country tour?

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

100+

• Realme
      11:15 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

I’ll take over. 🙂

7. Ky ski nut
    10:49 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Many years ago my wife and went to a St. Louis Cardinal game. The morning of the game my wife asked” should I take my purse?” and I said” no just the money just in case”. Much later than it should’ve taken she comes back to the room with the tickets. She told me a player had got out of a cab and accidentally ran into her and knock her to the ground. He felt horrible and said he was sorry several times and asked if he could sign an autograph. People were yelling for her to and she to and she replied “I’m sorry I don’t have a pen or Sharpie, I don’t have my purse”. I asked ” well who was it?” and she said “I don’t know his last name started with a P”. I said “there are several Palonco… “. She said Pu..”. I said “yeah Pujols the man on the back of your program, he was the rookie of the year.”

• Keith Biggins
      10:58 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Sounds like a clear case of roid rage

• runningunnin.454
      11:02 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Went to a Cardinals game when I was a teenager; I ran full speed around a corner and smacked full force into Bob Gibson. I told him I hope I didn’t hurt his arm, he replied,
      “That’s o.k. kid, I ain’t pitchin’ today”.

8. CATandMONKEY
    10:55 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

We ran into Tim Couch at Chinoe Pub in 2001. We figured the girl in our crew had the best chance of getting an autograph. .. she had no idea who he was and very drunkenly told him so as she threw us 4 guys under the bus for not asking him…Tim’s date thought it was hilarious and said ” honey, his big head needs that.”

9. J-Dub421
    10:56 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

I had class with several players at UK back in the day. Jules Camara sat right next to me in a History class and I always marveled that his legs were even longer than mine.

I lived in Blazer my freshman year, and the basketball players would all come to our dining hall/cafeteria to eat. They all lived on KFC and the Wok Station, especially Heshimu Evans.

• runningunnin.454
      11:22 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Wasn’t Camara 6’11” ????

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

He was, but I have long legs for my height.

• J-Dub421
      11:39 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Jules was very nice and had a cool accent, and was really, really tall.

• 4everblue
      6:25 pm June 20, 2017 Permalink

Exactly how tall are you J-Dub?

10. [email protected]
    10:58 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

To go along with today’s show. I took the bunny Military Science with several athletes and cheerleaders. The Colonel teaching class did not want to teach so he verbally took roll everyday which took up half the class. When he got to Chris Gettlefinger every time the whole class would yell SHOOT!!! Melvin Turpin was in the same class and one day he showed up with a new and very expensive watch. One of the cheereleaders asked him what time it was. He looked at the watch for what seemed like 2 full minutes, finally he just showed the girl his watch. Finally, after the midnight movie after the Ky. Theater I was approached by a guy asking to borrow a quarter. When I gave it to him I figured out it was Dirk Minnifield. Stupid but true.

11. I met Michael P.S. Hayes in the ATL aiport. 🙂

12. J-Dub421
    11:15 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Freddie Maggard for the win!

13. J-Dub421
    11:18 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

I might have kind of, sort of stalked Andre Woodson in a Kroger a couple years ago as well. Mostly just trying to decide if it was him or not. (It was, regular people are not that tall.)

• Realme
      11:20 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

All you gotta do in that situation is say or yell “Go Cats!” at them. They’ll either smile because it’s them, or look at you like you’re weird if not.

• I thought you were that tall J-Dub. 😉

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

I wear heels, so I was about 6 feet tall at the time, but Woodson is like 6’5″ so he was still several inches taller. Not a lot of 6’5″ dudes walking around out there.

14. Ky ski nut
    11:21 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

At Murray State we used to play ball in the South gym that was attatched to the arena. We would lick our hands and wet our shoes and dunk the goal hanging on the wall. That day Popeye Jones who was in my algebra class happened to be in there. He was talking to one of the girls in our class with his back to goal. My 5’7″ self wet those shoes and ran up the wall and dunked it within a couple feet of Popeye. I said “Yeah baby in your face!!”. He looked at me with a “really?” disappointedly . So I dunked on Popeye Jones.

15. Sparrow911
    11:29 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

When I was around 10 yrs old, my father was KSP trooper who sometimes worked Executive Security.
    One Saturday morning he said that we’re going to pick someone up and go to UK Baseball
    game. We picked this nice old man up and went to the game. Everyone seemed excited to see the
    this guy. He even went down to the dugout and got a ball signed by the team and gave it to me.
    The old guy was Happy Chandler.

16. What a question for Matt to ask. Wow.

17. ky196
    11:41 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

What about Sam Bowie, didn’t set or tie a record for most blocked shot is a game?

• J-Dub421
      12:04 pm June 20, 2017 Permalink

Nerlens had 12 blocks in a game. Was it more than that?

18. UKRox
    11:51 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Dakari JOHNSON comes to party at our uk frat house one night. Theres NO room and we dont let him in. He and his possee get mad and cuss us out and kick the door and leave.

19. bigblue7609
    2:57 pm June 20, 2017 Permalink

Nothing to do with Ky. But when I was younger. The Rock N Roll express did a wrestling show here in Kentucky. I asked Ricky Morton for and autograph and he said sure as long as you roll my bags to my car. So I did it and I asked about my autograph, he looked me dead in the eye and said. “A little life lesson son, don’t take everyone for their word in life” Shut his door and drove off.