KSR is in Harrodsburg!!! (Friday Show Thread)

It’s the last show of the week before Kentucky hosts Eastern Kentucky in the season opener, so you know why we’re here.

Come on out to Lemons Mill Brewery at 166 Marimon Ave in Harrodsburg to hear the show.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

52 Comments for KSR is in Harrodsburg!!! (Friday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:58 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

I just submitted my time off request for December 29…

2. Realme
    10:07 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Okay ya’ll. We already know football puts Jay’s wife to sleep, and that’s bad luck for UK. 🙂 So how long does he need to keep her awake tomorrow? Until the 3rd quarter ends? Until there’s a 3 td lead?

3. runningunnin.454
    10:20 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Bahh, Southern Miss team played dirty…their fans should keep their mouths shut.

• Realme
      10:25 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Ryan is crazy. Jones’s Crazy is what makes him special. Reign that in and he’s lose his mojo.

4. Realme
    10:23 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Matt is really serious about this. I think that game would have an audience if you play it at 2am.

• J-Dub421
      11:10 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

I’d still watch. That’s what naps are for. I stay up late anyway.

5. DrSayre
    10:26 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

I always liked it when they played it on a Saturday before Christmas. I think the holiday adds something to the game, kinda like the rivary football games being played on Thanksgiving weekend. Plus it avoids all the SEC Bowl games (and I would assume the ACC Bowl games as well)

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Plus, I don’t have to listen to a few of my loud-mouthed relatives try to talk smack at Christmas morning brunch that way. We’ve already won and I can just smile smugly.

• DrSayre
      11:28 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Im glad Im not the only one who thinks this. Listening to Matt Jones made me think I was crazy. Ive always liked the big games right before Christmas, before the good bowl games really start up.

• And last year it was on a Wednesday night. Weird.

6. ky196
    10:28 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

From the conversation they are having right now, it sounds to me that the Kentucky staff should have moved Jordan Jones away from that group of fans in the stands to difuse that situation!

• J-Dub421
      11:14 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Or maybe those fans should have been removed from the stands. Stop allowing fans to behave badly and expecting that players should never react in any way at all.

7. Realme
    10:32 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

In the same way that attempted murder is not as heavily punished as murder, spitting towards someone is not nearly as bad as spitting on them. A game suspension would be way too much. No staff is trying to stop him in the videos. I agree with ky196, he should have been relocated to avoid escalation to a fight.

• runningunnin.454
      10:37 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Lawyers need a safe place.

• Realme
      10:39 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

and realtors and dudes.

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

They are really pi$$ing me off…..juvenile drunk foul mouthed students should be spat on.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:50 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Never understood why the law rewarded incompetence by treating attempted murder as less serious than murder. But I digress…

• Realme
      10:51 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

They’re acting like he climbed into the stands and shoved somebody.

• Realme
      10:58 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

True, STE.

8. Realme
    10:42 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Ha ha, ksr writes an article about the Pitino quote, and tweets it out without context, then acts above it all when people overreact.

9. Realme
    10:45 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

How many thousands would an airline have to offer to get you guys off a plane if it would make you miss a UK regular season game?

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Depends on the opponent….

10. Realme
    10:54 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

I have a theory that John P. Short is wrong a lot, but he sounds so sure, and they seldom fact check him.

11. runningunnin.454
    10:58 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

I do agree with MJ on one thing…I thoroughly enjoyed the CHIEFS game last night. Kareem Hunt gained 246 yards from scrimmage….Holy Toledo.

12. secrick
    11:02 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Ha RG454, I think your mad about the spitting thing . I believe you could spit on ksr right now.

• runningunnin.454
      11:12 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

There was obviously no security at the game….players should not be subjected to that kind of behavior.
      I didn’t even like when Travis Ford suspended his kid for going after an unruly fan shouting racial slurs.
      ksr is a little sensitive.

13. DrSayre
    11:18 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Would Murray do a one game deal in Nashville? I think that game would sound better than Monmouth in New York.

• runningunnin.454
      11:30 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Anything is better than Monmouth in New York. But Murray has lost Popeye Jones, Isaiah Canaan, and Cam Payne…and their coach went to Iowa State; they don’t want UK.

14. J-Dub421
    11:20 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Drew Barker has HAD a chance to earn the starting job. It was called pre-season camp.

• runningunnin.454
      11:25 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

I can’t believe we’re still talking about this; SJ played a solid game Sat and hit the TE…that’s what we wanted, right?

• secrick
      11:25 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

I thought Snell was the QB. Just Kidding.

• Realme
      11:27 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

It was beautiful seeing Conrad not go to waste anymore. He’s too good, so glad they fixed that problem.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

In part because Johnson made it a point to specifically work with Conrad over the summer to fix their timing issues.

• Realme
      11:33 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Because that’s the kind of leader Johnson is…

• I wish ppl would chill. If SJ doesn’t get it done, Barker will get his chance.

The odd thing is, with the whole “The most popular player is always the backup QB”, Barker has been in that position twice now, once due to youth, and the 2nd due to injury.

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Johnson is a better leader. His unflappable calm rubs off on the rest of the team.

• RealCatsFan
      11:59 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

I still have reservations that Barker has that “it” factor to be a real “gamer”. It sounds like he does well in practice, but when the bright lights are on him and the pressure’s on, he tends to make mistakes – sometimes really big ones like the interceptions we saw early last season. Johnson just seems a lot more level headed to me. Plus, we never saw any surveillance video of Johnson getting knocked out in a dorm after a bar fight that he has no business being involved in.

15. Realme
    11:38 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Hang up on this jackass.

• Basteballer
      11:49 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

Damnit! I’m listening at work and someone walked up so I missed it. What happened??

• Realme
      11:52 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

He used the term “colored people” and said “that’s what we call them” here.

• Basteballer
      11:56 am September 8, 2017 Permalink

So… racist.

• RealCatsFan
      12:00 pm September 8, 2017 Permalink

When I hear someone like that speak, it’s almost like a dinosaur crawled out of the ground. Kind of fascinating, but also scary and in the end, repulsive.

• runningunnin.454
      12:22 pm September 8, 2017 Permalink

When someone says “colored people”, I say what color is that…they can tell I don’t like it, and it ends.

16. ky196
    12:11 pm September 8, 2017 Permalink

Why is that every other race in the world besides caucasian needs to be addressed by a specific title or there is outrage?! We are all people, not groups of different references of origins! Not picking on a specific, but why do people need to be referenced as african american? We are all American! Period! Not white, black, mexican, asian, hispanic, indian, middle eastern, ……etc!!!

• J-Dub421
      12:33 pm September 8, 2017 Permalink

Why do white people, such as the caller, feel the need to designate someone as “colored”? Why didn’t he just say “the guy who worked at the concession stand”? He also threw in a “that’s what we call them here.” Please don’t defend a clear racist.