KSR is in Elizabethtown! (Tuesday Show Thread)

Come on out to Sleep Outfitters in Elizabethtown for a two-hour live broadcast of this morning’s show. Fans who show up to the 1617 N Dixie Highway location will not only get to hear the show in person, but they’ll be entered to win tickets and hospitality passes for the Cats’ big game against UCLA on Saturday.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

78 Comments for KSR is in Elizabethtown! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. secrick
    10:10 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Prayers to all at The Great Smokey Mountains, love that place. Still fired up about kicking the Cards ass Sat., that’s right cats paw kicked your ass.

• Realme
      10:13 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Did night time rain help?

• ukjaybrat
      10:15 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

not to mention “Brickscoe” is shooting .557 overall, .750 from free throw, and .333 from 3pt on the season.

He really is the worst shooter of all time. Cats Paw is like Nostradamus yo!

• secrick
      10:21 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Not sure but i hope it did

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Very sad about the Gatlinburg area. It’s so beautiful there. Hopefully all will be well.

• RealCatsFan
      10:31 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Rick, I echo what you are saying. Truly tragic. We were supposed to go down there in January for a club volleyball tournament for my kids. Doubt if that will happen now, as they are using all of the sports centers as shelters.

I don’t think the rain can do a whole lot to put out the structure fires. Many homes, businesses and resorts destroyed. Hillbilly Golf is destroyed, and Westgate resort (where we stayed last year) is gone. Prayers that those folks will be able to recover quickly.

I worry a lot about something similar happening in our area. With all the trees dying in our area from the ash borers, there will be a lot of fuel available. One extended drought and it will be a tinderbox.

• Realme
      10:33 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

The sick thing is this stuff is usually started by a moron camper or an arsonist. Horrible.

• Realme
      11:06 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Just watched that video from another post. I would have completely lost it. Very disturbing.

• ClutchCargo
      11:16 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

“Cats Paw is like Nostradamus yo!” – ukjaybrat, actually he is more like Nostradumbass.

• Same here about G’burg & Pigeon Forge. I’m so sad for all who are affected. My wife and I went there for our honeymoon and we’ve been back a couple times. Absolutely beautiful area and I love it. If this was arson as some are saying, I hope they nail whoever is responsible.

Realme, which video are you referring to?

Prayers up for all affected by the fires!!!

• Realme
      11:31 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Bottom of the Tuesday Top Ten if this link doesn’t work.

• Wow! I just glanced at a bit of that, and it is scary as crap. One article talked about some people’s cars catching fire while they were trying to get out.

2. Realme
    10:14 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Dakich was probbaly the best analyst we’ve had to listen to calling our game since Bilas, but his super complimentary attitude towards UK, from before the game even started, was very suspicious.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:20 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I have to believe his superiors said to use objective facts rather than personal prejudice during the broadcast. Dan still has a long way to go before I will truly consider him a fair analyst.

• Realme
      10:22 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

He’s definitely biased, with the exception of last night, but imo he is the best at explaining the game, and not being boring or annoying (except for the Michael Jordan thing).

• secrick
      10:23 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Yeah i agree CM , after all he did say last year he can’t believe Pitino is still coaching at Lville, got like him for that.

• ukjaybrat
      10:24 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

i dont watch a lot of dan dakich, but from what i have seen, it’s like matt says, he’s pretty good at calling a game, but he’s also just a giant troll when he’s off-air. but to be fair, it’s a pretty good tactic to get a lot of clicks on his site, and what better bear to poke than bbn. he knows we will give him the clicks.

• ukjaybrat
      10:25 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

so that being said, i think he is actually really good at what he does. there are two types of trolls imo. the trolls that hate uk and blast them for whatever just because they hate us (forde, knight, etc)

and the trolls that honestly just want clicks (goodman, dakich, etc)

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I thought maybe an alien space ship had beamed him up and replaced him with a UK loving doppelganger.

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I’m in the mood of the season,
      Dakich…..Bah Humbug…..Loosier.

• ClutchCargo
      11:20 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

CATandMONKEY, I have a hard time believing Dakich would bow to the pressure to say anything but what he really thinks. I’m going to go with he got bored with the trolling and decided to just play it straight.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:53 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Clutch, based on some of Dakich’s statements last night I must change my premise and totally agree

3. runningunnin.454
    10:28 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

C’mere little Bruins…..let’s dance.
    No hugs for you.

• RealCatsFan
      11:04 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

We are going to the game Saturday. Can’t wait! Should be a fun, up and down game.

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:28 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Dan surprised me a couple times late in the season last year. If I hadn’t known he was calling the game, I wouldn’t have known it was him. Pleasantly surprised.

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:30 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Remember Matt those assists are also dependent on the shooter making the shot.
    However I believe Fox is potentially the best PG yet. Too soon to tell but he truly does it all.

6. J-Dub421
    10:31 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I love our basketball team. They are so much fun to watch.

• Realme
      10:35 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t know anything would be more fun to watch than when we’ve had insanely good shot blockers demoralizing the other team, but watching them get up the court in a blink is extremely fun to watch.

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

The thing is, this team has some shot blockers too. They are just now getting to the point where our defense is catching up to the offense. When that happens, watch out – we might just get to that “next level” that Cal was talking about.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:40 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

For the last 3 years I have eschewed live TV for the radio broadcast and live blog then watched DVR the next day. This season I have already watched 3 full games live. It is simply too much to miss. I will probably split the remainder of the season evenly between radio and TV.

• Realme
      10:42 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, just imagine if this team improves over the next couple months like a typical Cal team. As someone on Twitter said last night, prayers out for the rest of college basketball.

• J-Dub421
      10:45 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

We aren’t anywhere close to our ceiling yet. This team is such a good passing team, and so unselfish! I also love the speed we play at, and we’re starting to have smothering defense. They also play with such a sense of joy. It really is better when the team looks like they’re having fun.

7. secrick
    10:37 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

So fast up and down the floor, it’s fun to watch. So many good players not just freshman. We are very deep and anyone can score, heck Jones would start at most schools.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:40 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Why on earth would we drop down in a bowl after beating Louisville?

• secrick
      10:46 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

What are you talking about, can’t listen to the radio.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Matt was discussing possible bowl destinations; he said we could move up to a better bowl, or maybe down depending on where Tennessee goes.

• ukjaybrat
      10:58 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

because our ideal bowl right now would be belk or music city. we would obviously rather have the music city, but UT will probably go there because they lost. So then our ideal best bowl would be the belk, but that game is the same night as a uk basketball game. So then our next two options would be liberty bowl (moving down a notch) or the gator bowl aka tax slayer bowl (moving up a notch). but i doubt we will be able to move up that high because there are too many sec teams better than us that will probably go there.

So we will probably end up in the belk bowl and just have two games in one night because i doubt they will want to drop all the way down to the liberty bowl.

9. secrick
    10:48 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Any bowl game we play in will be a let down anyway after the Lville game. Sorry but that was better than winning a bowl.

• RealCatsFan
      11:23 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Yep, the only way to top it would be to actually beat Louisville IN a bowl game. Would be a little bit like knocking them out of the FF back in 2012.

10. J-Dub421
    10:48 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Props to Briscoe; he clearly worked on the things he needed to work on over the summer (shooting). He also does all the things well that he did well last season (defense, driving/slashing, passing). He’s a very complete player now.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:01 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

By focusing on his deficiencies Briscoe has added even more confidence and swag to his overall game.
      His defense, slashing and overall presence on the court now seems to have achieved another level.

• RealCatsFan
      11:12 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Briscoe proves that sometimes it is worthwhile to come back to school for that extra year to polish your game before declaring to the NBA. He probably earned himself millions of dollars doing that.

11. J-Dub421
    10:50 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Coach Cal has to play Brad in order to keep the Big Boss happy (Ellen). 🙂

• secrick
      10:58 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Ha, Don’t blame him , not only a good coach but smart as heck.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:03 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

If he didn’t play Brad he might be in a situation where Pitino-like hijinks crossed his mind.

• RealCatsFan
      11:08 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Happy wife – happy life!

And I can say that Mrs. RealCatsFan is doing her best to prove the old adage true – that the sign of a successful man is one who can make money faster than his wife can spend it. 😀 (JK – I’m sure J-Dub and RealMe will destroy me for that one. We both work full time, so I guess I just can’t say that, but I still think it’s funny. 🙂 )

• Realme
      11:14 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I’m more of a saver, hate shopping, but plenty of my gender do their best to keep that reputation alive. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

If momma ain’t happy, no one will be!

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I do like to shop, but spend my own money since I work.

• RealCatsFan
      11:21 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Realme, see, that’s the thing. I’m the cheapskate scrimper, always worried about where the money will come from. My wife is more of a free spirit. I have often joked that she thinks we have a money tree growing in the back yard that we can just pick bills off of. Add in the future college expenses of two kids coming on real soon, and I lose sleep at night.

• Realme
      11:25 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I’d lose sleep in that situation too. Hope your kids manage to finish college without you or them having to incur much debt. It’s insane how much that costs now.

• RealCatsFan
      11:29 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I think my older kid has a chance at getting a scholly somewhere. She has never had less than an A her whole school career, and she is takinng two AP classes already as a freshman. Took the practice ACT and got a 26 on it for her first try. Hoping she will make Governor’s Scholar – that would be her ticket. The younger one I worry about a little bit – she is plenty smart, but a procrastinator like her dad. 😉

• I’m blessed that my wife HATES to shop. She likes to just find what she needs and leave, or “Get In And Get Out!” (like JC Penney said a couple years ago in their advertising aimed at MEN for their men’s department!).

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Not sure if they still do this since it’s been a few years, but EKU gives (or used to) full rides if you get a 29 or better on the ACT. My best friend got a 30 and took advantage of that.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:19 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

So Matt sounds like Dakich? Does Dakich have a nose whistle? 😀

13. RealCatsFan
    11:27 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I get the feeling that Darrell has probably had similar things said to him at the local WalMart and the local watering hole – “Don’t ever come back here again!” 😀

14. RealCatsFan
    11:31 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I still want to see video of Captain Suntan walking out and tossing the CJ in his garbage can in his sweat pants with a bad Crown Royal hangover the morning after the game.

15. UK Big Board Update
    11:35 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Still not even a PEEP from ol’ cats paw!! LOLOLOLOL

Luether, though. He mad. 😉

• secrick
      11:38 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Yeah you know he is reading all these post and it’s killing him.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:40 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

Seriously, though. Someone needs to check up on him. I’m sure he needs more Kleenex for his tears, and more ointment for his butt-hurt. 😉

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I can’t believe he didn’t chime in when I said good things about Briscoe. He really hates Briscoe for some weird reason, I’m not sure why.

16. Realme
    11:35 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

When fires happen in California, that’s all the news can talk about.

17. I’ve been busy this morning doing other things, so I’m chiming in late, but what a weekend for Cat fans!!!

C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RealCatsFan
      11:43 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

All I can say is that I found myself outrageously envious of those lucky folks who got to watch that game in the Bahamas last night. What fun that trip had to be!

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I was especially envious since it was raining and crappy here. The weather in the Bahamas looked great.

• Too bad the SEC doesn’t have a tie-in to the Bahamas Bowl!

• And yes, I would have loved to have been there last night! Also in 2014 when they did the summer tour there, especially if they have gone 40-0 and I could have said “I was there when it started!”

18. J-Dub421
    11:39 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

I wonder if Craig Yeast’s son regrets decommitting from UK and committing to Louisville….

• UK Big Board Update
      11:40 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

It’ll be interesting to see if there are any flips in the off-season….

• CATandMONKEY
      12:05 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

Did he flip after Lamar coming to the good side?

• J-Dub421
      12:13 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

Yes, he decommitted in June, then committed to U of L a couple months afterwards.

19. RealCatsFan
    11:41 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

The guy talking about Lorenzen at a buffet reminds me that I was once offered my money back at a buffet if I would promise to stop eating. 🙂

20. RealCatsFan
    11:57 am November 29, 2016 Permalink

When I reach my “golden years”, I want to be just like Harold. Cool dude.