KSR is in…Cynthiana! (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt and Ryan are in Cynthiana, Kentucky at Biancke’s Restaurant (102 South Main Street) to talk UK sports and round two of the KSR Restaurant Tournament. Here’s the updated bracket for you (click on each pic to enlarge):

east2west2south3midwest

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

44 Comments for KSR is in…Cynthiana! (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

KSR made me very hungry yesterday morning before lunch and on the repeat at 4 on 1580. Congrats on the ratings.

2. Realme
    10:12 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

I can’t get up in front of a group to speak without throwing up prior, so if Stoops gets nervous about the big stage on media day, I can understand that.

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

I won’t throw up, but I’ll feel like I will. Public speaking is nerve wracking, but public singing is worse. I’ve sung at some weddings and at church, etc. and I’m always grateful I’m behind a podium so people can’t see me visibly shaking.

• Realme
      10:35 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Oh yeah. I can’t sing, but singing alone would definitely not be doable even if I could.

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

I’m far more comfortable with a group, which is why I usually sing in a choir. I’ve forced myself to man up and sing at some friends weddings etc. when asked.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:41 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

I hate the thought of speaking in front of large crowds. I have had to a few times with work and church functions, etc. I dread it, go into it very nervous, but once I get started, it’s natural. When the lights come on, it’s easy. I guess I’m a gamer.

J-Dub – You should call in and sing for us. You may be able to teach Ky Joe a thing or two.

• Realme
      10:50 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Someone write a Ky Joe style song for J-Dub! Speaking of him, I don’t miss his calls, but hope his health is getting better.

• J-Dub421
      10:55 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

I am quite certain I could smoke Kentucky Joe in a sing off. I would never call in to the show and start singing though.

• runningunnin.454
      11:23 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Doctors prescribe a blood pressure medication called propranolol to help public figures, hollywood celebrities, and corporate types to ease the jitters before performances or public speaking.
      I wouldn’t recommend it for casual situations; but, if your livelihood depends on it, it’s efficacy is medically recognized.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:31 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Propranolol is considered a performance enhancing drug in Olympic level target shooting. Several of my classmates were prescribed propranolol while in grad school for test-anxiety.

• runningunnin.454
      12:10 pm July 14, 2016 Permalink

C and M: you are correct. I was offered the drug during U.S. Shooting Team pistol qualification; but, that was many, many years ago. I said no, I had no problem with hand tremor.
      However, a few years ago, a Korean shooter was stripped of Silver and Bronze medals due to propranolol use.

3. J-Dub421
    10:37 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Chipotle doesn’t have queso. That’s a mark against them in my book.

• And they don’t throw in chips like Moe’s. I like Chipotle’s food better though, their lime chips included, but they charge extra for them.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:48 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

No queso? That is crazy talk! +1 for Moe’s.

• Realme
      10:49 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

I tend to gravitate away from all the order at the counter and figure out exactly how you want your food while the person waits ordering systems (Moe’s, Pie 5, etc, etc.) I’d rather either make my own, or order from a screen or something. That’s probably weird.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Moe’s has the best queso of those type of chains. Qdoba sometimes burns their meat, at least at the one closest to my house. I sometimes get charcoal masquerading as chicken in my burrito there.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:52 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

One of charcoal’s benefits is that the calories are already burned.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:47 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Did Matt say a restaurant isn’t good because the lines are too long?
    Yogi Berra of the Yankees once said, “nobody goes to that restaurant any more, it’s always too crowded. Yogi would be proud.

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:55 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Watching a game at Waffle House poses several issues, not the least of which is the complete absence of televisions.

• J-Dub421
      10:57 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Waffle House, Denny’s and White Castle are places I only go to after late nights out drinking and partying.

6. Laker Cat 18
    10:58 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Waffle House beats B-Dubs? You folks are completely insane. Not even close. The Waffle House’s around here are nasty from top to bottom. I haven’t been to a “clean” one yet.

7. I just heard a commercial for the fair in Lexington! I didn’t know it was STILL called the Lexington Lion’s Bluegrass Fair! Ahhh memories. I remember seeing Tony Orlando & Dawn perform there. Yes, I’m dating myself!!! 🙂

8. It’s not only because Saban is a bully (he is) and that the media is scared of him, it’s also because they don’t want to lose access.

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Saban is football’s Coach K.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:22 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Saban is a bit more like the love child of Pitino-of-old and Jurich.

• J-Dub421
      11:50 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Coach K bullies referees, that’s why Duke never gets may foul calls. Look at the first half of their title game against Wisconsin, then note the difference in foul calls in the second half after K chewed out the refs going into the locker room at halftime.

Also, no one in the media criticizes him for anything. Remember when K was caught in a bold faced lie about Brooks from Oregon? People would still be talking about it if Coach Cal had reprimanded an opposing player and then lied about it. Hardly anyone in the media called K out for it though. No one asks him about Corey Maggette or Lance Thomas either. People act like K is a saint.

9. J-Dub421
    11:16 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Everyone in the media asked Dan Mullen about his players off-field issues/arrests, so why should Saban be any different?

10. ChrisHamby
    11:25 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Canes was upset. Listen to the podcast. Ryan — Canes, Matt — LJS, Shannon — LJS, Caller — LJS…there was no need to call Drew who went Canes. Canes 2 LJS 3

I think Canes is way better but the fix is in!

• J-Dub421
      11:44 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Agreed. Canes is way better. LJS is very greasy.

11. J-Dub421
    11:45 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Bonefish Grill is the best overall restaurant on the entire bracket. It’s a completely different place than any fast food joint though.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:49 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Absolutely. Is it really level to compare a fast food joint to a place where you could drop a couple hundred for two people if you have dinner, wine, appetizers and desert?

• J-Dub421
      11:52 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

I love the scallops and shrimp with their pan-asian sauce. Delicious.

• Wife and I have only been to Bonefish once because it’s a little pricey for us. I’m not the biggest seafood guy, but I liked it because I didn’t realize until we went that it has such a Japanese influence. I had the Kobe beef hamburger and it was really good (I think food cooked on wood grills always taste better than charcoal or gas), and she had (I think) an Asian chicken salad that was really good also.

12. sckotto63
    11:48 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

Matt, start an over/under on how many inappropriate comment Ryan makes per show. You and Shannon will officiate

13. JWS1987
    11:55 am July 14, 2016 Permalink

I’m gonna bet the show tomorrow is at Dan Cummins in Paris.

• onsides
      12:01 pm July 14, 2016 Permalink

I’m thinking the Boot Store in Nicholasville. That commercial hasn’t changed in 20+ years.

• JWS1987
      12:09 pm July 14, 2016 Permalink

Eww I didnt think about that. Both are pretty solid picks.

14. CPACAT
    5:13 pm July 14, 2016 Permalink

I said “The Boot Store” as soon as the words came out of his mouth. I heard a commercial for them a few week (months?) ago and thought….’That’s the same commercial they used when I was a kid!!” I am 49!!!