KSR is in Bardstown! (Thursday Show Thread)

Come on out to Conway Heaton in Bardstown to be a part of a live remote of today’s show. Matt and Ryan are at the Conway Heaton dealership for two hours of Kentucky Sports Radio radio talk.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

34 Comments for KSR is in Bardstown! (Thursday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:14 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Hey y’alls.

2. secrick
    10:16 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

I hate the cards and want to beat them in all sports. Go Cats Baseball .

3. Realme
    10:17 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

My Twitter timeline thinks if the Cavs had kept Liggins, they’d be better. Is that a BBN hot take, or would the Cavs have won a game with him on defense?

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Doubtful, Liggins couldn’t cover Curry, Thompson, and Durant…just too much firepower.

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

With the Warriors, I am afraid that the NBA is going to start to resemble women’s college BB. No matter how competitive all the other teams are during the regular season, no one is going to challenge UConn for the title. (Yes, I know, they finally got knocked off this year, but I fully expect the female Death Star to be back to its full menacing evil again this year. 😉 )

• At least the Warriors players have to get old sometimes. UConn just reloads with the 12 best players every year.

• Sometime, not sometimes…

• runningunnin.454
      11:10 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Sometimes I do that.

4. Realme
    10:21 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

As a person who finds food hard to be responsible around, I feel for Elam. What a waste of talent, I hope he turns it around in what little time he has left.

• RealCatsFan
      10:27 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

I hate to sound like a naysayer, but do we really know that Elam is that talented – or is it more of a matter of him being able to milk-truck over smaller players in high school? Now that he is playing against the big boys of the SEC, it looks like he is not able to rise to the challenge.

• Realme
      10:35 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Good question, idk.

• runningunnin.454
      10:38 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

He might have been better on the OL.

• RealCatsFan
      10:41 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

RG, I agree. I halfway expected to see him moved to the OL. His mobility wouldn’t be as much of an issue. Hell, maybe would could have given him the ball and let him just mow over people like Refrigerator Perry. 🙂

• Realme
      10:43 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Okay, let’s do that. Give the kid a fresh start. Of course the d line is already thinner I think, so the coaches won’t.

• And we were being told that the DL would be better, then we lose Bell. Why do we lose a D lineman every year to team rules? SMDreads.

Okay, I don’t have enough hair to have dreads, unless I wanted to go with the dread version of a skullet!

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Wonder what Bell did; team rules violation?

• RealCatsFan
      10:52 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

CG, then you would end up looking like that dude who used to play basketball for Florida. Can’t remember his name, but he resembled the creature from the Predator movie. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      10:52 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

RG, smoking the herb would be my guess.

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Seems harsh since half the country is legalizing for recreational use?

• Realme
      11:00 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Can’t we overlook weed in 2017? I guarantee most of the competition does.

• RCF, was it a white dude who appropriated the dreads?

• RealCatsFan
      11:12 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

no, he was African American.

• I don’t remember him, but I did see a black guy at the store one day who was as bald as Dickie V on top but was rockin’ the dreads. I told my wife the same thing I said above: “That guy’s wearing the dreads version of a skullet!”

I think the first time I heard the word skullet was when Michael Bolton had one.

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

CG, it was Alex Tyus. I posted a bunch of links to pictures, but the damned moderation bot nuked it. Why don’t they just turn that ridiculous thing off? It never filters the truly offensive posts anyway.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:59 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

I said in another thread that I have very little empathy for Johnson going to UNCheat. UNC should be serving a multi-year postseason ban along with other major sanctions, if not the outright death penalty. But they are going to skate right on through with no punishment. They should have a little shade and bad karma coming their way.

• runningunnin.454
      11:07 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Agree; can’t believe he picked NC…and Bowen picked UL?

• I totally agree, but I’m through complaining because the NCAA is a corrupt organization in the first place, so why should I expect them to do the right thing? No amount of consternation on my part will do any good.

We just have to win at least 1 natty (preferably 2) over the next few years and stay at least 3 ahead of the cheaters.

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

That’s why IMO anyone who wants to try to make the argument that Cal / UK cheats is an idiot. Hell, we SHOULD cheat even if we are not currently – apparently everyone else is doing it with impunity (except South Florida!)

• ky196
      11:36 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Matt may no understand this, I hate the tar bums more than any other school, period!!! If not for that “Idiot Dean Smith” there wouldn’t be a shot clock. That is the reason we had that stupid stall ball game against UC in 83. That 4 corner offense was the worst version of the game I’ve ever seen!!!

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

ky196, my hatred for both the dookies and the tarholes is about even, but after this past year, the tarholes have surged to the lead. Also have a fair amount of disdain for UCLA and UConn. Louisville and IU is more of amused disdain, if there is such a thing.

• runningunnin.454
      11:44 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Ky196; my HS team tried the 4 corner once in the district tournament. We led 3-2 after the first quarter.
      But, we were outmatched; the other team was 6’7′, 6’7′, and 6’8″ under the goal…they recruited like a college team.
      Anyway, it didn’t work; still got beat.

6. RealCatsFan
    11:41 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

Sorry, but “Steamers” is not a restaurant name that works for me. Makes me think of what my labrador used to leave in the back yard on a frosty morning. 😀

7. RealCatsFan
    11:54 am June 8, 2017 Permalink

What was #14 again? Was it net neutrality? That is a MAJOR ISSUE that everyone should be in favor of. If they take NN away, forget about getting content like KSR for free anymore.