KSR is at the UK Football Facility (Tuesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to a BIG day on Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang is at the Kentucky Football training facility, where they’ll talk to Mark Stoops, Benny Snell, and Kash Daniel about fall camp and the season opener, which is fast approaching. Tune in to get ready for some football!

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

29 Comments for KSR is at the UK Football Facility (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. I wanted to chime in yesterday on the snake handling talk, but it was after the show was over, so here goes:

The problem with snake handling is that those folks are misapplying the scripture. The promise of poison having no effect was made specifically by Christ to his apostles, not to Christians in general. It’s similar to the folks who say you’re sinning by eating bacon. That was during the Old Law only. Under the new law (New Testament), eating pork, etc. is not wrong (see Acts 10…God said “Arise Peter, kill and eat” animals that could not be eaten under the Old Law], Colossians 2:14, and the book of Hebrews).

• Oh, and Power K spotted in that pic! How I wish they would at least bring that back for an occasional throwback uni. *sigh*

I still say they could sometimes put it on the chrome helmet, combining old school and new school. A white K on the blue helmet might also be kind of cool.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:08 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

When I first saw the topic of snake handling I thought it was in reference to Rick Pitino.

• Upon further & closer review, that’s Tim Couch in the pic, so it probably is the interlocking UK, but oh well.

• runningunnin.454
      10:13 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Isn’t snake handling illegal…except in W Virginia?

• I think you are correct RG.

One more note about that: when the promise was made, they weren’t told “Go out and handle snakes during worship”. Paul was bitten by a venomous snake in Acts 28 and he shook it off in the fire and wasn’t hurt, but he wasn’t playing around with them.

• runningunnin.454
      10:21 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

On the other thing, the ‘K’ doesn’t bother me; but, get rid of the K-State Wildcat.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Snake handling is for crazy idiots.

• RealCatsFan
      10:40 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

RG, the K-State “wildcat” is the absolute lamest mascot in the history of college sports. I have seen middle school teams with better mascots. Can they take up a collection and buy the rest of the damned costume?

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, but the KSU thing doubles as a staple remover, so at least it is somewhat useful.

• runningunnin.454
      10:52 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Also love birds.

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Oh, I misunderstood – I thought we were talking about the dude walking around wearing the cat head. I agree that the “modern” logo that they came up with for the UK Wildcat is generic and lame.

• I’ve actually always liked K State’s logo, but I didn’t want us to copy someone else’s.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:13 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

They should do a rewrite of “The Incredibles” with Matt having to babysit Jack Jack. 🙂

3. And you know this is going to get back to that lady. Someone listening knows her or knows someone who knows her. Haha.

4. Okay, enough of my rambling. I have to get back to the Pensky file.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:20 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Yep, introduce Coach to C.J.
    Could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

• RealCatsFan
      10:42 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Better yet, introduce our QB to him – whoever that may be.

6. J-Dub421
    10:46 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Dear football gods, please let Dorian Baker become the receiver I’ve been waiting for him to be for the last 4 years. Please and thank you.

• ClutchCargo
      10:54 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Now THAT would be a difference maker, for sure. And even if he doesn’t rack up huge receiving stats, he is a beast of a downfield blocker that this team missed last year, more than most people realize.

• J-Dub421
      11:00 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Baker makes some ridiculous/spectacular catches, then he’ll turn around and drop an easier/more routine catch. It drives me crazy. I think he finally grew up and stopped being a locker room problem though. So, progress.

• runningunnin.454
      11:05 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Yep, consistency is key.

• That hit that he put on the LSU player a few years ago. Whew! It may have been borderline targeting, but there’s a reason they call him, what is it, “2 car garage”.

• Unfortunately we were getting curb stomped in that game, unlike the one with the Dickie Lyons hit in ’07. Lyons would be in jail if that were today’s game.

Did you all see the tackle on the QB that got flagged in the No Fun League preseason game the other day? I think it was a Vikings game and it was the least dirty tackle I’ve ever seen get flagged.

• ClutchCargo
      11:27 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

I think the “2 car garage” name means you just throw it somewhere in his vicinity and he will catch it. He kinda turned into a golf cart garage for awhile, though.

7. cats646
    11:13 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

I’m sooo freakin pumped for football!!!!!!!!!!!

• runningunnin.454
      11:30 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

“Crazy…like so many positive waves; maybe we can’t lose, you’re on”
      Oddball, Kelly’s Heroes

8. J-Dub421
    11:39 am August 21, 2018 Permalink

Benny is very soft spoken for someone who runs as angry as he does.

9. Go Benny Go! Or, as I like to call him, Billy Jack (shoutout to RG).

“Rumble young man rumble!” Ha! I love it.

Unfortunately I heard only about the last 40 seconds because my phone had rang.