KSR is at the State Fair (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt and Shannon are live from the DirecTV booth at the Kentucky State Fair in Louisville. If you’re in the area, come on out to listen to the show and for the chance to win tickets to a UK basketball or football game from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

25 Comments for KSR is at the State Fair (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:47 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

Glad to hear you’ll be on the show more Drew.

Is Ryan still giddy from the show last night? In bed by 8:45.

2. Big Curt
    9:54 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??????
    High school, anyway. Can’t wait!

3. runningunnin.454
    10:00 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

In case some of you missed it, Drew sure it a nerve with the “improve baseball” diatribe. I get the stab at humor; but, it sure ticked off some baseball fans. He wants Babe Ruth to be compared to hitters swinging at a live corked ball with an aluminum bat….ha ha ha.
    Some say it’s boring….I remember the family took my grandmother to a Cardinals game; in the 9th inning, St.Louis got their one and only hit; as we were leaving my grandmother said, “Good thing the Cardinals got that hit or we wouldn’t have seen anything”.
    Drew, I can introduce you to her….she’s 97.

• Booby Petrino
      10:45 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

So you’re saying that even your 97 year old grandma agrees that baseball is boring? That settles it then….we are correct…baseball is boring. Thank you for proving that point.

• runningunnin.454
      12:32 pm August 19, 2016 Permalink

Booby….want her number?

4. Big Curt
    10:15 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

Holy crap, I just skimmed through the comments on Drew’s post about baseball. Haven’t seen a nerd fight like that in a long time.
    #itwasajoke
    #lightenuppeople

• Realme
      10:45 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

I can’t believe after so any years of KSR, there are still so many readers that take everything seriously, and that read things that are enraging them instead of going, I don’t like this, I’ll scroll past.

• ukjaybrat
      10:51 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

i thought the wedding at the castle thing was real last night until i got to the very end and saw who wrote it… #gullible

kept thinking the whole time, “wow the castle are a bunch of d-bags, they could have cleared this up on the phone from the very beginning and saved a lot of trauma”

• Realme
      11:03 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

I fell for the one about Gillispie going to Parkette for a movie, but in my defense, I only read the title on Twitter, not the actual article.

• RealCatsFan
      11:04 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

RealMe, there are certain people who take almost EVERYTHING literally. They are generally a real joy to be around.

• What Curt said.

Also, that New Circle Circular thing has GOT to be written by Tomlin.

5. Realme
    10:45 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

If you Uber a driverless car, which seat to you sit in? And who’s at fault if it malfunctions and hits something?

• ukjaybrat
      10:52 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

i don’t know anything about the uber driverless cars. but as of a year ago, the only state that legalized automatic cars was nevada. and even then, there still had to be a licensed driver behind the wheel.

Is Uber really sending automated cars out to pick people up? how is that legal anywhere ?

I need to read up on that

• Realme
      10:59 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

I’m just going by what Matt said. Probably there will still be a human in the driver’s seat.

• RealCatsFan
      11:14 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

Speaking of uber and robots and technology, someone sent me a link to this video. I don’t know about you, but I find this robot to be downright creepy. I could see legions of these things walking around like a Terminator movie!

• Realme
      11:18 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

That is creepy, rcf. Also, it should learn to watch its’ step. Or stop drinking until it’s staggering. 🙂

• Soon those robots will be cheaper than paying people the minimum wage to load shelves.

BTW, it would have been funny if the robot had taken that hockey stick from the guy and whacked him with it!

• ukjaybrat
      12:39 pm August 19, 2016 Permalink

“The autonomous cars, launching this summer, are custom Volvo XC90s, supervised by humans in the driver’s seat.”

6. Dizzyd2k3
    10:46 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

Baseball is fun, Drew is funny, Ryan is probably still asleep, I love when Shannon gets to talk more, and Matt must not know how to talk to girls (If he likes this one so much why didn’t he ask her out?!?!)

7. Laker Cat 18
    11:02 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

Whoever ranked Alabama’s running backs behind UK’s should be fired and drug tested immediately. That’s my two cents for today.

• ukjaybrat
      11:58 am August 19, 2016 Permalink

agreed. i like our guys, but still…

on another note… i wonder how that makes damien feel to be ranked under who could have been his teammates

8. Matt forgot worship services.

9. CPACAT
    12:29 pm August 19, 2016 Permalink

Regarding the propriety of hats in certain situations; what about court? The defendant gets to wear an orange jump-suit, why can’t his attorney wear a hat? Conflicting standards?