KSR is at the Sleep Outfitters in Pikeville (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Sleep Outfitters in Pikeville (115 Lee Ave.) on stop two of the KSR Summer Tour. If you’re in the area, come on out to enjoy the show and hear the gang discuss last night’s Cavs/Warriors game, the fallout from Wednesday’s NBA Draft decisions, and much, much more.

Here’s the schedule for the rest of Part 1 of the tour, which picks back up midway through next week:

• Wednesday, June 6 – Liberty – McKinnie-Brown Funeral Home (752 Campbellsville Street)
  • Thursday, June 7 – Bowling Green – Chaney’s Dairy Barn (9191 Nashville Road)
  • Friday, June 8 – Lexington – KSR Golf Scramble @ University Club (4850 Leestown Road)
  • Wednesday, June 13 – Richmond – Dreaming Creek Brewery (109 E. Irvine Street)
  • Thursday, June 14 – Danville – Dexter Insurance (461 West Main Street)
  • Friday, June 15 – Lexington – Rockhouse Brewing (119 Luigart Court)

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

31 Comments for KSR is at the Sleep Outfitters in Pikeville (Friday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:07 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

Have to feel bad for J.R. Smith…sometimes goat doesn’t mean greatest of all time…wow.

• rickwhitetx
      10:11 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

I thought that, maybe, he went to UNCheat. I was wrong, he didn’t go to college.

• chief_cat
      1:34 pm June 1, 2018 Permalink

He committed to UNCheat but then didn’t attend. At UNCheat isn’t that the same thing?

2. runningunnin.454
    10:21 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

The Georgetown guy just throwing the ball to James Worthy in the title game is still the biggest blunder in basketball history.

• I hadn’t thought about that one. And UNCheat would possibly only have 5 right now.

I couldn’t believe what I saw last night, but like you I feel bad for the dude. He could put up 50 next game and no one would remember it.

• Realme
      10:29 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

The only way he ever lives it down is if Cleveland comes back to win the series.

• runningunnin.454
      10:31 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

UNCheat thinks they have seven…they don’t teach math there.

• When I looked at their fan shop after you first said that I only saw shirts with 6. I can imagine that some local yokels might be printing ones with 7 though.

• runningunnin.454
      11:00 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

You’re forgetting the retro 1924 Helms title..hah.

• Right, I know some over there are claiming it. I just haven’t seen any gear that says 7, only 6, but I’m quite certain they exist. Bama claims like 50 oblong ball nattys. Of course I’m exaggerating, and all theirs were *apparently* at least *somewhat* legit at the time, but they didn’t start claiming many of them until the 80’s or 90’s.

3. Realme
    10:28 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

Walker tweeted out that picture in March 2017. It’s on the coaching staff that this wasn’t taken care of at that point.

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

Hate to say it; but, if you think the whole UL team knew what was going on, well…Ugh.

• Realme
      10:39 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

I’m concerned about how many players may have been helping and or buying. This could get worse. And it makes sense that it’s now a recruiting issue.

• What are they talking about? I was still enthralled with the Magic Paper Shop commercial. (just kidding on the 2nd part)

• Realme
      10:46 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

That pot / cocaine dealer that got kicked off our football team is being used for negative recruiting by other programs.

MVP guy got a whole sentence out before I got the earbuds out. AHHHHHH! 🙂

• Oh, it’s Magic VAPOR Shop? All this time I thought it was PAPER! Who knew??? (Duh! Self face palm)

That makes sense, but I guess I just assumed there was paper involved, like roll your own cigarettes. I don’t mess with any of that stuff so…

• Realme
      11:24 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

Ha ha, I thought you were making a joke I didn’t get!

• BTW, I’ll pay for your bail if you ever do get the chance to kick that guy in the knee. Ha!!!

• His pronunciations sounded like paper to me, but I shoulda known…kinda like JR Smith…

• Realme
      11:41 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

Thanks in advance.

• ClutchCargo
      11:45 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

If we’re being objective here, yeah, that’s a really bad look for the coaching staff that this went on for another year.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:43 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

Admiral Schofield is still at Tennessee? Doesn’t the Navy have a mandatory retirement.

• Realme
      10:55 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

I kind of respect the old admiral. That other guy, though…

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, he should be at Vandy. “Anchors down!”

5. runningunnin.454
    10:57 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

I remember my first grade teacher fondly; she was Frank Ramsey’s mother. Didn’t learn a whole lot; but, you can bet we knew everything about Frank….haha.

• Wow! A brush with greatness indeed.

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

My first teacher was a very pretty young nun named Sister Mary. For some reason my dad always liked to pick me up from school that year. 😉

• If you don’t mind guys, where did you all attend? I went to Ashland Elementary in Lexington, then we moved after 6th grade and I was at Tates Creek Jr. in the 9th grade before we left Kentucky.

I remember in 5th grade we had a sub at Ashland who was a UK student. When I asked him “Do you know Jimmy Dan Connor?” and some other bball players, he said no but he had classes with him and some others. I was like “Wowwwwwwwww!” Star struck by proxy.

He then showed us a film of the UK loss to Texas Western. Why he wanted to show us losing I don’t know. He didn’t talk about the social significance. He showed it only because we didn’t have any work to do.

6. KYcats11
    11:50 am June 1, 2018 Permalink

Don’t forget to mention happy birthday to the state of Kentucky!