KSR is at The Oaks (Friday Show Thread)

Welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Churchill Downs. Tune in to hear the gang discuss the scene at the Kentucky Oaks, Denzil Ware’s transfer, Tyrese Maxey’s announcement, Hami skipping the Combine, and Matt’s very loud suit.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

26 Comments for KSR is at The Oaks (Friday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:04 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Anybody going to the Derby? I’ve only been once, in ’73…once you’ve seen the best.
    Actually, I saw the two fastest times in Derby history that day; Sham, who finished 2nd to Secretariat, has the 2nd fastest time ever; but oddly he’s not in most lists for fastest time…’cause he didn’t win; bummer.

• RealCatsFan
      10:13 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

If Sham would have come along a year or two later, he would be another legend in Derby lore. Very possibly another Triple Crown Winner. Great horse at the wrong time.

• RealCatsFan
      10:16 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

And I have sworn off the Derby now that they no longer you to bring your own cooler into the infield. Obvious money grab by the money grubbers that run CD. I’m done with those greedy bastids. I’m more into the infield bourgeoisie than the dog and pony show that is the clubhouse and paddock area. As I have become old and grumpy, I hate getting dressed up. Shorts, t-shirt and flip flops for me, thank you. Now they’ve ruined the infield, so I am no longer interested. I’ll go to a derby party instead and drink better, cheaper beer – ice cold. 🙂

2. RealCatsFan
    10:12 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Matt should have set his pimp daddy suit off with a pink bowtie for the Survivors’ March.

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think I could wear that suit on Halloween…maybe with a clown mask.

• Ben27
      10:29 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Matt is auditioning for the vacant Pimp Job at UofL. I think he can pull it off! Sure looks the part.

• runningunnin.454
      10:31 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Now that’s funny, Ben.

• RealCatsFan
      10:45 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

But the colors he picked are more like UNCheat colors. Do they have a pimp program to go along with their fake class program?

3. RealCatsFan
    10:17 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Sounds like it’s just you and me today, rg. Everyone else must be at the track with their pimp suits on. 😉

• ukjaybrat
      10:18 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

🙁 i’m still at work. but tryign to get all this crap done so i can meet everyone sooner rather than later

4. RealCatsFan
    10:30 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

You know you are dealing with a wagering rookie when they call it an “exacto box”. Last I checked, that is a little razor knife you use for building model airplanes…

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Do they still make model airplane and model cars…sounds like a blast from the past?

• RealCatsFan
      10:44 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

They do! I was in an arts and crafts store yesterday and saw them there.

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

And yes, as a kid, I built hundreds of model cars. Won a lot of contests back in the day…

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

RCF, I did too. I just looked for the models at Walmart, and a 67 Camaro is over 50 bucks…damn.

• IAmTheDanger
      11:34 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

If they are the same models when I was a kid, I used to get them for $5. And I put together hundreds of those too RCF.

• RealCatsFan
      11:51 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

I actually used to build the chassis and suspension systems for some of my cars from scratch. Used the little springs from ball point pens as coil springs. Soldered them from brass tubing. I was into it a little bit!

5. RealCatsFan
    10:43 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Leave it to Drew to compare being in a relationship to being stuck in the porta-potti. 🙂

6. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

So I guess the school superintendent who is the serial pooper is now known as the “Super Pooper”. Dude has to have a screw loose.

• IAmTheDanger
      11:32 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Pooperintendent

• Realme
      11:51 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

I’m going to have to podcast today, and have no idea what this is about, but remain immature enough to have lol’d at Pooperintendent just now.

7. runningunnin.454
    11:18 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Just heard on the news break, British schools are removing analog clocks from classrooms because kids learned to check the time on digital clocks and their phones, and can’t figure the analog clocks out…wow.
    Let’s see, the little hand is on the 11, and….

• Not Dan Issel
      11:26 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Remember, we once used sun dials to tell time, as well as hour glasses. Like it or not, we are in a period of technological change.

• runningunnin.454
      11:38 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

But, as technology advances, does intelligence plummet?

• RealCatsFan
      11:49 am May 4, 2018 Permalink

Seems to be the case, rg. Unless you are the one developing that technology.