Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Nestle Toll House Cafe/Red Mango at 867 S. Broadway in Lexington. Come on out to enjoy the show and to register for the chance to be a finalist for an all-expenses paid trip to the Bahamas. TGIF!

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

39 Comments for KSR is at the Nestle Toll House Cafe/Red Mango in Lexington (Friday Show Thread)

1. UKFaninNY
    10:00 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

I’m not surprised your’re not talking about it, but I’m shocked at how bad Jamal Murray is starting off

I really thought he would be a darkhorse for ROY

Ha!

• J-Dub421
      10:19 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

Who cares how Murray starts? Let’s see how he finishes.

• ukjaybrat
      10:20 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

ok. i never thought he would be rookie of the year or anything. but i thought he would be better than what he’s playing now. I haven’t watched a second of his games yet. but it’s only been a few games. i’m sure once he finds his shot he will start producing a lot more. it’s an adjustment to go from NCAA to NBA. some players get it right away, others take a little time. he shouldnt be worried and he definitely shouldnt let it get to him.

• bigblucrew
      10:24 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

JDUB its 10000% how he starts…if you dont start good early you easily get benched in the NBA..too many hungry wolves

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

He was a top draft pick. They are invested in Murray; they’re not going to pull the plug on him two games into the season. That would be ridiculous. He’ll settle in and be great, same as he did at UK.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:28 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

I’ll admit that I didn’t see Embiid being at the top of most statistical categories as a rookie. I thought he was vastly overrated. Dunn is doing well too. Those are probably the two leaders for ROY.

• ukjaybrat
      10:29 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

exactly jdub… if you are a mid-to-late 2nd round pick and you are under-performing, then, yes, off to the d-league you go. but they invested too much money in murray to do something stupid like that.

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

Louisville trolls don’t know how the NBA works because they put guys in the league so rarely.

• ukjaybrat
      10:37 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

or they are in that mid-to-late 2nd round where that first couple of weeks is the important part to their players

• RealCatsFan
      11:56 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

I think everyone also needs to keep in mind that Murray reclassified, so he is extremely young. That may possibly factor in to his slow start, and it will also factor into an NBA team wanting to keep him around because of his potential.

2. Puerto Vallarta was one of their regular stops on “The Love Boat”.

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:23 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

How about that Kentucky football team? I haven’t looked forward to a game as much as I am tomrrow’s.

• RealCatsFan
      11:58 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

I agree – I never would have seen this coming after the Florida game. I hope everyone doesn’t get down on them again if they don’t win tomorrow. I think as long as they are at least competitive, huge progress has been made, but a win would be sweet!

4. bigblucrew
    10:24 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

Also, the avg ranking of the teams Kentucky has beat is #70…lol

5. bigblucrew
    10:26 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

Ill let the 3 people who talk in here discuss…enjoy suckas.. GO DAWGS….STOOPS POOPS

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

Go crawl back under your bridge before sunlight touches you and you turn to stone.

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

Who is this knucklehead; and, who invited him to the party?

• secrick
      11:18 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

Glad your gone DICK, if it bothers you whats said on here keep your butt off.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:37 pm November 4, 2016 Permalink

Thats cats paw’s son.

6. Off to a meeting guys. Hold the fort down for me! 😉

C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!! BEAT GEORGIA!!!

7. Laker Cat 18
    10:50 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

30-24 CATS! Let’s go!

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

I don’t care what the score is, I just want to win! Go Cats!!

• CATandMONKEY
      10:58 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

3–zip would be infuriating, yet gratifying.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:04 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

When I was in high school, Corbin beat us 2-0 on a safety. No lie.

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

Boom and Benny won’t let that happen. 🙂

• Laker Cat 18
      11:29 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

I think there will be a lot of points scored from both sides. Georgia’s defense has looked very soft lately in comparison to where SEC defenses should be. On a similar note, where in the heck has Westry been? I feel like he’s fell off and Baity has stepped up.

8. secrick
    11:23 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

I can’t say it’s a big game Tomm night but it is a big game Tomm night . Go Cats we need this one . One of my best friends is from Georgia and i need some bragging rights for a change.

9. secrick
    11:26 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

Most years i would say to myself and my friends i hope Ky wins this game but i really do believe we will win this year.

10. J-Dub421
    11:30 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

That dude was really sexist.

11. BluKudzu
    11:36 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

RPI has UGA at 55 and UK at 67. RPI Point spread is .52, taking into account home field is worth 2.44 points.
    RPI strength of schedule is 30 for UGA, 51 for UK. The difference in RPI rating points is only 2.69, likely because UGA is 1-3 vs top 30. Mississippi State is still rated ahead of UGA, only because of SOS.
    Much will change if UK can win this game. The Southern Mississippi loss, has really killed UK in these ratings.
    Go Cats.

12. J-Dub421
    11:41 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

Think Georgia is regretting firing Mark Richt?

• BluKudzu
      11:56 am November 4, 2016 Permalink

I think it was better for Richt, than for UGA, at this point. Things were slipping every year for the last 3 years, if I am not mistaken, off field issues, player dismissals, and the fact of often having an annual top 5 recruiting class, failed to challenge most years.
      Maybe the new coach is going through the same problem in transition others do in the first years. New coaches and system? Kirby will be fine next year.
      I think it was time for both of them though. Richt has Miami at 27, UGA is at 55.

13. runningunnin.454
    12:22 pm November 4, 2016 Permalink

Guess Matt doesn’t know in the early days of football, the field had horizontal yard lines and vertical lines from endzone to endzone, creating, yes, …a checkerboard.
    Thus the name….gridiron.