KSR is at the McDonald’s in Russell Springs (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the McDonald’s in Russell Springs (251 South Highway 127). Come on out to enjoy the show and for the chance to win tickets. And of course, the delicious McDonald’s breakfast.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

54 Comments for KSR is at the McDonald’s in Russell Springs (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:55 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

I am sure Shannon watched the 1st Season of Fuller House last night. Just weird seeing that show back on TV. I see that they made some of the older clips HD.

Maybe they will remake one of Uncle Matt’s favorite shows… Roseanne. 😉

I think the cats can win it tomorrow, will be close.

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:07 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Russell Springs. The home of the Lakers. That’s where my KSR name derived from, not the LA Lakers.

3. J-Dub421
    10:27 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

John Goodman should play Tom Jurich.

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:36 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Didn’t KSR in an earlier post suggest Nathan Lane as Jurich? I will go with that casting choice..

• J-Dub421
      10:43 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Oliver Platt might be good too.

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:38 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Apple Pie with cheddar is a staple in New England….Vanilla Ice cream, homemade on the side.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:42 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Most of the stuff Matt is reading off sounds nasty. First of all, I am opposed deep down in my being to nearly all condiments (barbecue sauce and maybe shrimp cocktail sauce being the exception).

Hope we don’t lose Matthew Mitchell.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:48 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Mustard is my bread and butter. Can’t eat hardly anything without it. Buffalo mustard is a must try as well.

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

My husband puts hot sauce of some kind on almost everything.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:54 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Cholula hot sauce is by far the best.

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

I’m good with hot sauce and most salsas. Just don’t like ketchup, mustard, mayo, tarter sauce, sour cream. Yes, I know, I’m weird. One factor of being a picky eater as a child that I carried over with me to adulthood.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:01 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

My wife says I am addicted to condiments….no less than 8 types of hot sauce in our larder. I fo through at least one-two bottles/week.

• Realme
      11:08 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

It’s not particularly spicy, but I’ll put the green tabasco on just about anything. Best condiment imo.

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

We currently have in our house: Frank’s Red Hot, Sriracha, Sriracha Powder, red pepper flakes, green tabasco, and chipotle tabasco, and cayenne powder. C & M, you and my husband would get along food-wise.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:43 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

El Yucateco green habanero sauce is my favorite, but a little goes a LONG way. LOL

• CATandMONKEY
      11:53 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

4 varieties of El Yucateco in the cupboard….best bang for the buck in hot sauce.
      Jdub, on food we would agree. On basketball we might differ a little.

• J-Dub421
      11:56 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

He differs with me on basketball/football.

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:56 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

Cholula is my favorite flavor for a hot sauce, but it isn’t hot enough. El Yucateco has the heat, but the flavor isn’t great. Habanaros are great, but they aren’t a pleasant tasting pepper. Ghost peppers are both hot and tasty.

7. Realme
    10:47 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Thinking about most of the food combos so far have made me queasy. Hard to imagine how some of them were ever tried in the first place. Mixing sweet and salty or sweet and spicy is usually awesome, so a lot of them probably do work in the end.

Best weird food combination I can think of is Old Ky Chocolates chocolate covered potato chips, but maybe that’s not that weird.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:49 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Have some of those chocolate potato chips sitting on my bar at home right now. One left, need some more.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Nope, not weird at all. Tastes a bit like Nestle’s Crunch.

8. bluemoonofkentucky
    10:53 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

ANDY GARCIA as Rick Pitino

• RealCatsFan
      10:58 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

No, the one and only actor who should play Pitino is Al Pacino. Game over. End of story.

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Andy Garcia is too attractive to play Pitino.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:22 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Wow, my wife just said the exact same thing…and she still finds it difficult to believe that “Michael” from The Godfather is the same person that we today, know as Al Pacino. Pacino as Pitino is the only way to go.

9. CATilactica
    10:57 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Ice cream sundae with lays potato chips is phenomenal

10. J-Dub421
    10:58 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Bill Self verbally torched one of his players publicly (and I think suspended him for a game, but I’m not sure) for dunking at the end of a game when Kansas had a big lead. Grayson Allen has now showed serious poor sportsmanship by tripping an opposing player twice. Coach K hasn’t said a word.

• RealCatsFan
      11:00 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

We all know that K teaches that crap (along with the flopping), because all his players do it. Just like Crean was a master at teaching the fake elbow flop (althought Chris Jones took a big page out of that book and turned it into a feature length play last year).

• CATandMONKEY
      11:07 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Grayson Allen is Johnny Lawrence from the Karate Kid.

• Booby Petrino
      11:18 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Coach K: I thought that trip last night was amazing. Grayson has really become amazing at tripping people this season. He’s one of the most amazing trippers on our team. Amazing.

11. roundball fool
    10:59 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Grayson Allen looks like Ted Cruz.

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

He has a bit of a George McFly vibe to him as well, although the annoying part fits along with Cruz much better.

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:10 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

How does whitest player on Duke’s team look like a middle aged Hispanic man? I don’t see it.

12. Realme
    11:10 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

I’m sure we’ll get a good coach after Cal. More importantly, which drunk coach will we get after that?

13. cats paw
    11:11 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

id take Mathew Mitchell to replace Cal. Cal could take some serious defensive coaching tips from Mathew!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:25 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Cal’s teams have historically- though not always, been near the top in defense. Don’t let facts cloud your enthusiasm though.

• Booby Petrino
      11:33 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

It’s KSR, C&M…facts are optional!

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Because Cal’s teams are known for their terrible defense…

• Booby Petrino
      11:46 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

and who can’t even spell Matthew right? Cats paw could take some serious spelling tips from Google.

• CATandMONKEY
      12:05 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

Booby, true but based on cats paw’s history I believe he requires a higher fact burden.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:23 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Baseball is the kind of sport that you go to watch with a beer in your hand and a bag of peanuts. You never really follow the game very closely – it is just there in the background while you drink beer and talk to your buddy/date/kid. Watching baseball on TV is very boring for the most part. Probably only golf, bowling, poker, etc., is more boring to watch on TV. Yes, you could also probably have beer and peanuts while watching all of these at home and talking to your buddy/date/kid, but you will probably change the channel pretty soon.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      12:47 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

Baseball is exciting to watch. The game unfolds more slowly so it requires patience that most people don’t have now. But I really enjoy watching baseball.

15. Laker Cat 18
    11:27 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

At this point, Rubio will not win the nomination. I’d vote for him if it were today, but don’t think he will get it.

16. BG Cat
    11:34 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Transy Vampires motto could be “We Suck”, even when they’re good!

17. jman3715
    11:35 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

This UT issue could make things worse for UofL. If this becomes a bigger issue of how women are treated by sports teams they may get lumped in with UT as part of a bigger problem.

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:57 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

Maybe Jones is innocent. I’m not going to hang him without evidence, even if he is the Vols coach.

18. Realme
    11:38 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

She didn’t increase the length of his hands, she increased the flexibility.

19. J-Dub421
    11:39 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

The guy’s hands didn’t “grow.” She probably just stretched the muscles and ligaments a little giving the illusion of growth.

20. cats paw
    11:52 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

newsflash Matt—you’re also a hypocrite for saying that you could never support having a cheating coach like Cal (when at Memphis) but now saying how much you love him!

• J-Dub421
      12:01 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

Matt has owned that many times. He has said it was at least in part because of Cal’s success, and because he believed what other people said about Cal. Then he got to know Cal better and it changed his opinion. Any other ridiculous notions you need me to clear up for you?

• Booby Petrino
      12:08 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

cats paw I guess you’ve never been wrong about something, realized it, and then owned the fact that you were wrong huh? Actually you probably never have owned any of your wrongs.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      12:49 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

My guess is cats paw has also never owned a dictionary.

21. Sentient Third Eye
    12:13 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

Best comment I’ve heard about Scalia’s death: “When the death of a single man can cause half the country to fear losing freedoms and the other half to salivate over getting to transform society, then we have allowed far too much power to collect in far too few hands. That’s what happens in monarchies and dictatorships. The king dies, and the people are fearful because they don’t know whether the next king will be kind or tyrannical. That kind of living is not compatible with freedom or democracy.”

• J-Dub421
      4:15 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

Very true. I also find it appalling that all the republicans in congress have said they will block any nominee the president makes and will under no circumstances allow a new justice to be named until after the election in November. It makes no sense to allow our overburdened court system to get even further behind by not appointing a new justice for almost a year.