KSR is at the McDonald’s in Paris (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the McDonald’s in Paris (3999 Lexington Rd). Come on out or tune in to hear Matt and Ryan preview a big weekend in UK sports, starting with tonight’s game against Kentucky State and tomorrow’s showdown with Georgia.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

32 Comments for KSR is at the McDonald’s in Paris (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:52 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Enjoy your trip to the new Paris McD’s.

Go caytes tonight, by 60 bigguns. Is this an internet only game?

2. dano
    10:14 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Schedule says the game is at 6 not 7. FYI

3. Wow! Log in required once again. All I have to say today is:

1) GO CATS!!!
    2) WHO DEY???!!!

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

I guess they got tired of the trolls trollin’ away. Completely understand, but takes away from some of the fun of making up screen names for funny posts.

• BigBlue2U
      10:52 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Bourbon Breath / Pitino’s Gonorrhea basically went on a trolling/flaming spree from what I saw yesterday. I honestly thought it was hysterical, but apparently KSR didn’t!

• ukjaybrat
      11:04 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

It’s not so bad when they are blatantly obvious trolls. but when they steal the names of long time visitors and claim to be them, just to make them look bad, that’s just annoying. it takes a person very insecure with himself to do crap like that.

4. J-Dub421
    10:36 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

I think I have blocked out most of the Billy G era…

• CATandMONKEY
      10:43 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Billy G era is like that one boyfriend or girlfriend that one always conveniently never mentions or that job that somehow never makes it on the CV.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

I remember Patrick Patterson and Jodie Meeks, and a little bit of Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley, but the rest is kind of fuzzy. That was a painful time to be a UK fan.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:07 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Billy was a master of anti-motivation. The players you mentioned were all talented and capable of great performances.

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:40 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Required log in will decrease the # of comments but will greatly improve the quality of discourse.

Perry Ellis looks like the character from Remember the Titans ” Julius” in the final scene where all the aged players return for Bertier’s funeral.

• J-Dub421
      10:47 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Is it just me, or do you think Kansas won’t be as good this year as the media seems to think they will be? Kansas has no good guards.

• ukjaybrat
      10:48 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

I always thought grown man Julius looked like Danny Glover

• CATandMONKEY
      10:56 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

I think Kansas will mostly roll their conference but will lose some gimme games along the way. Kansas, to me, has often survived more on the strength of their front court “big-butt” players. They can’t even breathe the same air as our backcourt but I am still ridiculously nervous about the game at The Phog; based on atmosphere and revenge for the embarrassment that we put on them last year (still on my DVR).

• ukjaybrat
      11:01 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Kansas is tough at home. They are notorious for winning ALL of the close games at home because of “influential crowd noise” (home cooking). I remember one year they were getting beat by Iowa State (back when they sucked) late in the game and there were 3-4 horrendous calls in a row that put Kansas back in the lead. They win the Big 12 every year because no one can beat them in Phog. That, and the rest of the conference sucks at basketball … they were all pretty overrated last year

• CATandMONKEY
      11:04 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Thanks to both of you for always being exemplary examples of quality discourse. Redundancy intended.

• BigBlue2U
      11:15 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Oklahoma should serve as a good foil to Kansas. Bill Self does less with more better than any coach not named Boeheim.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

I honestly think we can take them at the Phog. Mostly because our guards are so superior to theirs and college basketball is so guard driven.

• ukjaybrat
      11:46 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Before this year, I thought guard play was more important late in the season because bigs aren’t as conditioned to play game after game after game. but in january with 5 day’s rest before playing UK, i would have said differently.

However, with the rules changed to how they are now, i don’t think there’s a team out there that can stop our guard play for 40 minutes. Our guys are just too good.

• ukjaybrat
      11:58 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

thanks guys, i searched for petty ellis so i could set a picture of him, and now perry ellis clothing ads are running up and down next to my ksr articles. wonder how long that’s going to last

6. CATandMONKEY
    11:01 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Danny Glover…goood one! I guess it is the hairline and ‘stache. Ellis might look older than Glover in any of the Lethal Weapon films.

• ukjaybrat
      11:02 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

oh it is definitely the ‘stache lol

7. CATandMONKEY
    11:09 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Battier…That’s just great.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:16 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

…stand corrected : “That’s great.”

8. Cat House
    11:15 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Glad to see logging in again.

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

Same. The trolls had really gotten out of hand.

• ukjaybrat
      11:48 am November 6, 2015 Permalink

i wish there was a way we could have registered usernames/avatars and still post under pseudonyms, but i don’t think wordpress can do that

9. papasnapper
    12:32 pm November 6, 2015 Permalink

If someone has the time, could you explain to me how requiring a login stops trolling? Can’t just anyone set up an account? When I signed up, I didn’t see any questions asking if I was a cardstroll. Confused on how a login stops anything unless it’s just the fact that you have to do it stops some????

• Booby Petrino
      1:08 pm November 6, 2015 Permalink

The fact that you have to do it stops them. They are cowards and don’t want to give out their real email addresses, I guess it takes away their anonymity. Even though the KSR staff are the only ones to see the addresses, they don’t want them to have them. Plus it’s easy to block them after they make a clearly troll comment if they are registered. I’m just waiting for the trolls to get desperate enough to open fake email accounts so they can set up an account that will eventually be blocked.

• papasnapper
      1:36 pm November 6, 2015 Permalink

Thanks, Booby! I appreciate your time taken to respond.