Hello friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Louisville Home, Garden, and Remodeling Show at the Kentucky Expo Center. Home, garden, and remodeling may not be what you think of first when you think of KSR, but come on out if you’re in the area to enjoy the show. It’ll be a grand ole time.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

64 Comments for KSR is at the Louisville Home, Garden & Remodeling Show…yes, really (Friday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:05 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

I read with amusement the previous article about the Texas A & M tradition of the yell leaders…no cheerleaders, bummer.
    Of course they can’t send their freshmen to the Chicken Ranch brothel in La Grange for initiation anymore since it was closed over 40 years ago. It was, after all, the “Best Little Whor……in Texas”.
    I guess some traditions die with the passing of an era…I think it’s time for the Yell Leader tradition to die as well..ha ha.

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:08 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Home, Garden, & Remodeling Show? Is that real? Only in Louisville.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:16 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Actually in pretty much every city and large town in America. Well, at least Home and Garden. I recall going to similar with my folks at Thompson Arena at Dartmouth College in the late 70’s. Remodeling was likely not a “thing” at the time.
      Not trying to be argumentative but these shows are and have been almost everywhere. Lexington included.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:20 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

I built & remodeled homes while in college about 10 years ago. Pretty familiar with the business aspect. Never heard of it. Maybe I’m too sheltered.

• Realme
      10:27 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Comes to Lexington yearly. I don’t think there’s anything weird about it.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:27 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Never heard of a Home and Garden show? I don’t frequent them by any means but was involved in landscaping and lawncare while in college at Louisville and also in New England. These shows are a huge deal cor landscapers, siding guys, building products, garage doors, lighting, painters, ad nauseum. We never participated but usually would go to get ideas and see what the “big boys” were up to.
      Granted, and in support of your thesis, most of my visits WERE in Louisville, lol.

• ukbradstith
      10:28 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Only in Louisville, and in fairness, most other cities too 🙂

• Laker Cat 18
      10:33 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Not a city guy here. Country life to the core. I try to stay away from Louisville if I can keep from it. That’s probably my problem. I AM too sheltered.

• RealCatsFan
      10:41 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Please, PLEASE keep Mrs. RCF away from this show. I am already in the middle of a huge renovation project at the house. I don’t need her to have any more ideas on how to spend money! 🙂

• Realme
      10:49 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

I don’t think staying away from Louisville is a problem at all! 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

RCF; the HGTV network should be banned as well. My wife watches that constantly, especially those Property Brothers…..I wouldn’t buy a used car from either one of them.

• RealCatsFan
      11:12 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

To be fair, she would probably like to see “Graveyard Cars” and “Overhaulin'” banned as well. 😉

• “Hello, is this The Master Handyman Show with Glenn Haege?”

That is a real radio talk show on the weekends. If you haven’t heard it, I’ve learned a lot from him. In addition to home improvement and repair tips, he even is an expert on stain killing. If you have a stain you can’t remove, call him. If you got glue, paint, etc on a surface and don’t know what to do, call him.

You’re welcome. 😊

3. Realme
    10:28 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Why wouldn’t the Timberwolves automatically pay the bill? Their stunt. They have insurance.

• Realme
      10:40 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

I mean, how is a mascot sliding down the stairs where anyone can step out in front of it not negligent? He now has to go through a lot of pain and difficulty. Bad look that it’s even a discussion.

4. J-Dub421
    10:29 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

NBA franchises are multi million dollar/billion dollar organizations. The T-Wolves should do the right thing and pay for Towns Sr.’s ACL surgery since their mascot injured him. They would if it was a random fan.

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:49 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Fred Wiche preceded Sullivan and was a Rockstar.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Anyone remember the time a lady called Fred Wiche and said something totally off color to him? I can’t remember exactly what was said, but I think it involved moss growing on trees, and she said something related to moss and her, ahem, personal spaces. The look on Fred’s face was priceless! I actually felt a little sorry for him, because it was obvious that it made him a little uncomfortable, and he didn’t know what to say.

6. Realme
    10:57 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Matt is so weird about things he isn’t into. As if average people having gardens is just the strangest thing ever.

• RealCatsFan
      11:00 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

They grow something a little different in their gardens down in Bullitt County!

Along those lines – when I was a kid, the kid next door to me had a basement bedroom and used to literally deal weed out his basement window. Cars would pull up in the end of our driveway, they would get out, knock on his window, and he would hand the baggie out the window to them. It was like the WC drive-thru. He had his own crop of homegrown growing next to our garage too. Oh, and yes, he was a Cards fan! 🙂

• CATandMONKEY
      11:05 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Matt is very knowledgeable about those things in his wheelhouse is basically Ryan with regards to anything else; music being the most obvious example. Now add gardening to that rather long list.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:11 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Believe the mountain crops, likely from Cats fans are far superior in both quantity and quality to the Jefferson county stuff. Nelson county was all the rage when I lived in Louisville in the early/mid nineties. Out of the loop for 20 years now but have to think Blue is still well represented in the “marketplace.”

• RealCatsFan
      11:14 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

C&M, one of my coworkers lived in Nelson Co, and they got into some legal trouble when someone slipped into their cornfield without their knowledge and started growing pot in the middle of it. It was spotted by an ATF helicopter. They had to hire an attorney to prove that it did not belong to them. Neither of them even drank, much less partake in the herb.

• J-Dub421
      11:20 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

I don’t have a ton of space, but I like to garden and plant flowers. There is something zen about taking care of growing things. I really want an herb garden (with basil, oregano, thyme, etc. not the other kind of “herb” being discussed, LOL).

• Realme
      11:21 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Not to get away from the more fun part of this thread (I have nothing to contribute there), but I would like to officially add women to the long list C&M mentioned in ii.

• J-Dub421
      11:27 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

And hanging blinds…

• Realme
      11:29 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Or ANY basic home maintenance, lol.

• RealCatsFan
      11:46 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Realme, you could add “women” to that list for 99.9% of the male population! 😀

• Realme
      11:48 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

LOL, good point. I just don’t have to hear constant less than accurate statements about how every woman in the world thinks and acts from the rest of you.

7. CATandMONKEY
    10:57 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

LOVE the Sasquatch KAT commercials.

• runningunnin.454
      11:07 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Love KAT in general…shows up at the NBA games wearing a KENTUCKY jacket.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:14 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

This is the closest we have come today to actually addressing UK basketball.

• Realme
      11:18 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Ha ha. GO CATS! Sad it’s the last regular season game. Glad the SEC road games will be over.

• Was that a vintage Starter satin jacket from the 80’s? I couldn’t tell from the pic. I wanted one sooooooo bad and never got one! 😡 They were the coolest!

If it’s not Starter, what brand and where can I get one? I haven’t seen that exact jacket on Fanatics or any other online store.

Some retired football players had revived the Starter satin jacket a few years ago but they didn’t carry UK as far as I know.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Not sure if it was vintage, I would guess he had it made because Karl isn’t exactly a normal sized guy…

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      11:28 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

They have them at Oneness in Lexington. https://www.oneness287.com/

• Realme
      11:27 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Wildcat Corey is always tweeting about those jackets. They look really awesome, but I don’t know where he gets them.

• J-Dub421
      11:38 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Mrs. TT for the win!

• Tyler you’re awesome! Have some Prince’s hot chicken for me next week. Maybe I’ll win those tickets to the tourney and swing by!

• Realme
      11:41 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

That blue one is so nice! Be careful browsing though. There’s also some Card items that will hurt your eyes.

8. runningunnin.454
    11:20 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Georgia coach said three days ago that Maten is “nowhere close” to recovery; but if he can play, Georgia is the dark horse; watch out for Vandy also.

9. secrick
    11:21 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Isn’t Tomm a big game? If we win we could possible get a one seed if we lose it will be a three seed. I also think it will be a tough game. What’s up with the slow starts?

10. J-Dub421
    11:25 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Charter schools are a terrible idea and will do nothing to fix our education system.

11. m4ff3w
    11:28 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Do you know if it is possible to get autographs from Cal or anyone on the team @ the A&M game Saturday?

• I live in Bama, and the only time I got autographs was after a game at Auburn (in 96). Players were signing, but when Pitino came out, a state trooper was in front of him literally running interference like a pulling O lineman and Rick was running behind him for the bus and did not stop.

One other time I waited for Tubby in Tuscaloosa in 99 to come out for post game, but he never did. I think he was mad that they lost.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen a game since Cal has been there.

• RealCatsFan
      11:50 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

I think most schools, UK included, have pretty much taken a hard line on players signing ANYTHING. It is just too much of a grey area in regards to NCAA violations. You might be able to get Cal’s, but don’t get your hopes up about a player’s autograph, and least not while they are playing for UK. Sad.

12. runningunnin.454
    11:28 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Last years’ SEC tourney was all blue; why would the support for this team be any less?
    We will own Nashville.

• RealCatsFan
      11:51 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

I went with my brother for the 2015 tourney, and it was insane how BLUE Nashville was. Cats fans EVERYWHERE.

• ukjaybrat
      12:02 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

im going to nashville for my first time ever. been to atlanta a couple times when i was younger. looking forward to a great weekend

13. [email protected]
    11:29 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Matt, with your shared passion for sports and politics, what the future’s of North Carolina’s eligibility to host NCAA events? The NCAA has issued an end of March deadline to repeal the transgender legislation that has driven the NBA and dozens of other events elsewhere taking the revenue with them. Estimates of a half billion in lost revenue are conservative and many believe the loss is closer to one billion. Without a repeal by March 31st, no NCAA tourneys or championships down to the conference level.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Just FYI, Matt doesn’t read the show thread.

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

The city of Louisville is already benefitting from North Carolina’s loss. U of L is hosting the NCAA tournament in baseball after it got pulled from North Carolina.

• J-Dub421
      11:37 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Not NCAA, ACC. Sorry, my coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.

• Interesting that the NBA isn’t talking about pullng the Hornets out of NC. They still want the revenue.

14. J-Dub421
    11:30 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Then they should have put Wisconsin on Duke’s half of the bracket. They didn’t they put them on ours so they could have a final four rematch of our epic game the previous year. Also Duke had far and away the easiest quarter of the draw in 2015 even though we were the #1 overall seed. I call BS.

• runningunnin.454
      11:34 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Wisconsin is collapsing…lost again last night to Iowa. They’ve lost 5 out of last 6.

• J-Dub421
      11:36 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

I watched them lose and enjoyed it immensely.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Yep, me too. Especially at home, in heartbreaking last minute fashion. 😀

15. Realme
    11:39 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

I would measure consistency based on season win loss records and final four appearances.

• Realme
      11:49 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Scratch that, make it Sweet 16 appearances.

16. J-Dub421
    11:43 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

If I have to rely on one player stepping up and carrying us in a big game in the tournament, then I am super glad we have Malik Monk on our team. There is no other player in college ball right now that I would trust more to hit big shots with the game on the line.

• runningunnin.454
      11:51 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Can you believe he’s not considered for POY? Ethan Happ of Wisconsin is on the list, and he averages 40% from FT line, and hit 1/7 last night. He also only averages 14 pts/game. I’ll retire to Bedlam.

17. RealCatsFan
    11:53 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

I disagree with Matt. AD may not have carried us on offense, but he was HUGE on defense. I don’t think we would have won it if he wasn’t playing. When he went down against Baylor, I thought our season was over. I had a UL fan neighbor trolling me afterwards that she knew someone on the medical staff in Indy who said he had torn his ACL and would sit against Louisville. Boy was she wrong!

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

Yes, AD and Nerlens are two players who had a huge impact on the defensive end, not just with all the shots they blocked, but also with all the shots they altered. That doesn’t even include the intimidation factor; opposing guards were afraid to go into the lane and would settle for bad jump shots just to avoid them looming in the paint.