KSR is at the Kentucky State Fair (Friday Show Thread)

@KYStateFair

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Kentucky State Fair in Louisville. Tune in to hear the gang discuss the latest in UK sports and beyond.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

34 Comments for KSR is at the Kentucky State Fair (Friday Show Thread)

1. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Does anyone else think that the Freddie Farm Bureau figure at the State Fair bears a strong resemblance to Dan Issel? 🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:20 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Never really thought about it, but it creeps me out a little. I do enjoy mullet spotting at the fair though.

• RealCatsFan
      10:23 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

I used to entertain myself by taking a tooth and tattoo census. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Ha! Apparently Matt and the KSR guys just saw someone interesting.

2. J-Dub421
    10:37 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

I may have to start posting recipes here soon.

• Realme
      11:00 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Slice some small / medium zucchini’s longways and scoop out the middle. Fill with meat and cheese and veggies of your choice (for example, italian sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, parmesan and mozzarella). Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes.

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Oooo… That sounds yummy!

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

I think I’m going to make this for a party this weekend. It looks ridiculous.

• Realme
      11:09 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Drool…

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Realme, wonder how that would be on the grille? We slice peppers and fill them with cheese and grill them. Never thought about adding meat.

• Realme
      11:13 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Should work great, you can always precook the zucchini a little bit if necesary. What types of peppers do you stuff? I like to make baked chili rellenos, but peeling and then handling the poblanos isn’t easy.

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

RM, usually just something mild like banana peppers. Sometimes I just get the little red and yellow ones that come in the bag at Kroger. If you are handling the hot ones, make sure you wash your hands really well before you take your contacts out at night!

• J-Dub421
      11:36 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

I made pasta sauce from scratch over the weekend with fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden. It’s time consuming and labor intensive, but really good and helped blow through the 40 or so ripe tomatoes I needed to use.

• RealCatsFan
      12:04 pm August 17, 2018 Permalink

J-Dub, we are coming into prime tomato season. We used to slice them, pour some vinegarette dressing on them, and slice some mozzarella cheese nice and thick and put that on them. Especially good on the gold ones.

• RealCatsFan
      12:05 pm August 17, 2018 Permalink

If you are ever in downtown LaGrange, check out 119 West Main. Cool little restaurant with a creative menu, good food, reasonable prices, and some yummy desserts. It’s my younger daughter’s favorite restaurant, and she is a pill, so it must be good!

3. J-Dub421
    10:45 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Lol, Matt knows even less about childbirth than he knows about muscle cars or hanging blinds.

• ClutchCargo
      10:50 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

It would be hilarious to see him in the delivery room trying to coach his woman through the process. She would give him the ultimate “stick to sports” smackdown. lol

4. Realme
    10:53 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Amen to the “all women are different” texter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Realme
      10:58 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Matt just read my 1 sentence text and added a second sentence I didn’t say. I guess he put 2 together.

• J-Dub421
      11:02 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Aren’t all of Ryan’s kids adopted? So how would he know anything about pregnancy and childbirth, or what a woman wants regarding those things?

• Realme
      11:05 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

He wouldn’t. He makes sweeping generalizations about how women will act, and Matt makes them about how we think. Drives me nuts.

5. Realme
    11:11 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Maybe Pitino’s ghost would be welcomed back, but he won’t outlive our animosity, I don’t think.

6. RealCatsFan
    11:20 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

I just literally spit coffee and had to walk away because I was laughing so hard at Matt talking about water breaking and mid-field deliveries. OMG!

7. Iamheasyouarehe
    11:21 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

I attended a motivational seminar at Freedom Hall with Zig and several others. People fidgeted through all their presentations, but when Pitino came on, no one budged, everyone was transfixed including myself. He was the best I had heard at that time. Sad how far he has fallen.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:23 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

That was in the early 90’s….back to work.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

My parents saw him speak back in the 90’s and said the same thing, but that was back when Pitino still had some integrity.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:41 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Yeah that was at the height of his popularity before we found out who he really was. Zero integrity now.

• J-Dub421
      11:54 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

His downfall was going to Louisville. When he was at Kentucky we were fresh off a scandal so we were crossing our T’s and dotting our I’s, and there was oversight. Everyone knew he had affairs, but he was discreet so people ignored it. When Pitino went to U of L, there was no oversight and a win at all costs mentality throughout their athletics program. Couple that with Pitino’s huge ego, which took a hit when Coach Cal came to Kentucky and Rick was no longer the king of the hill in this state and he went off the deep end.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:58 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Excellent assessment J-Dub, totally agree on all points.

8. Realme
    11:28 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Oh, by the way, Beisner said on a podcast that Baker and Montgomery both don’t have serious injuries. So hopefully Jemarl will see the court this year.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Fingers crossed.

9. J-Dub421
    11:30 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Hi Doll. Ann still sounds like one of the fun girls from Andy Griffith.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:40 am August 17, 2018 Permalink

Come on Bernie, show us around…

• RealCatsFan
      12:02 pm August 17, 2018 Permalink

She also has a bit of a Marge Schott sound to her voice – “smoke ’em if ya got ’em!”