KSR is at the KBA Conference (Tuesday Show Thread)

Today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio is coming to you from the Kentucky Broadcasters Association’s annual conference in Lexington. Matt and Ryan are surrounded by several of the biggest names in Kentucky broadcasting while looking ahead to the Auburn game and Big Blue Madness.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

43 Comments for KSR is at the KBA Conference (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I’ll actually miss the old ball couch.

Anymore great readings from UL fans today?

• Daniel
      9:52 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

The HBC was very entertaining! I will miss his off the field antics. Happy we won’t have to game-plan against him anymore though!

• J-Dub421
      10:00 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I find it very strange that he’s quitting mid-season though.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:01 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Agree. His jabs at UK in the past were often hurtful but unfortunately, often true and usually pretty funny. He has been reasonably respectful towards us as of late. Truly the end of an era.

2. RICK
    10:09 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I heard Louisville was letting Jurich go and the new AD is going to be Bill Cosby, any one else heard this.

3. Kareem's Goggles
    10:16 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Hearing Alex will not take part in the scrimmage portion of Madness.

4. hater
    10:18 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

What difference does it make when he left? Everything he built is still in place.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:22 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Team morale.

5. NYC Cats Fan
    10:23 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

There’s no way that restroom guy washed his hands. Way too fast. Disgusting.

6. J-Dub421
    10:45 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think Matt knows what cherubic means.

7. Matt
    10:45 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

T.Will’s proclamation that he is the Elvis of Louisville is entirely true. He. Just failed to mention he’s the mid 70’s, sweaty, jumpsuit wearing Elvis and full of shit.

8. WesHos
    10:46 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I’m always amused when someone walks out of the bathroom in a long sleeve shirt with one sleeve rolled up. You know they just dropped a deuce.

• hater
      10:52 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

So when someone poops in a bathroom it amuses you?

9. J-Dub421
    10:52 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

How would some random guy in Australia know anything about Skal’s eligibility. I highly doubt that there were any NBA scouts in Australia, so who would he even have talked to???

10. J-Dub421
    10:54 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

How does the NCAA not have some kind of deadline to make a ruling in a player’s eligibility prior to the start of the season? Just more NCAA hypocrisy.

• ukjaybrat
      10:58 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

yeah that seems pretty messed up. either declare someone ineligible or get off his back and let him play. the ability to retroactively claim someone as ineligible is nonsense.

• ukjaybrat
      10:58 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

… when they had all the facts to begin with. now if NEW evidence were to come up after the fact, i suppose that would be a different scenario

• hater
      11:02 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Of course don’t forget the NCAA cleared Derrick Rose before he began playing at Memphis.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:04 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Cleared Rose TWICE.

• J-Dub421
      11:10 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Memphis should never have had to vacate that season. They cleared Rose, and there is no proof that someone else took his SAT. Or, if the NCAA is going to do that, then why haven’t two of Duke’s seasons been vacated? Corey Maggette admitted in a signed affidavit that he took money from Myron Piggie before attending Duke. Duke made the finals, why hasn’t that been vacated? Why hasn’t their 2010 title been vacated? Where did Lance Thomas get $30,000 in cash? I cannot stand the obvious selective enforcement of the NCAA.

• Realme
      11:12 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I’ll never understand why Memphis didn’t take the NCAA to court.

• BlueRedneck
      11:19 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I still think Memphis, UMass, maybe UNLV, and a few others should file a class action lawsuit against the NCAA for selective enforcement and ask for reinstatement of their vacated wins and payback of the penalty dollars. They should threaten to bring the lawsuit unless the NCAA follows through with the deserved punishment that UNC has coming to them.

• ukjaybrat
      11:50 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

also maurice clarette at ohio state

• J-Dub421
      11:53 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

SMU’s most recent infractions happened in 2013, the NCAA has already investigated them, and they’re being punished. So what’s the hold up with UNC? We’ve all known about the UNC academic scandal for years, why is that “investigation” taking so long??

11. CATandMONKEY
    11:12 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

A 1000X Amen (non-denominational, of course) to that J-Dub!

12. CATandMONKEY
    11:16 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Bloom County

13. BlueRedneck
    11:16 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

“Calvin and Hobbes” for the win!

Also loved Bloom County back in the day. Bill the Cat rocks!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:21 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Deathtongue!

14. al
    11:17 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Matt, I always wash my hands after tinkle. However, late in the game against Wisconsin I forgot. We lost! Matt, should I not wash my hands on UK BB game days?

15. tdp
    11:22 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I was driving through Jamestown yesterday and turned over to 1060 AM and it was not KSR??? It was an ESPN show, didn’t listen to it long enough to figure it out, just thought I’d share.

16. Stephen
    11:23 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Ryan Lemmond most popular UK sportscaster?

Bring Mary Jo Perino out of retirement!!

17. Realme
    11:23 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Dick Gabriel is unlistenable. I literally get in the car, turn on 630 to see if there’s a substitute on any given night (if it’s Ryan or Mark Buerger I listen), and then when he starts his long monologue with nothing ta actually say, I turn it. Also, Matt probably forgets that he outed Gabriel for using factsandchicks.com for tidbits to say on his show.

18. CATandMONKEY
    11:24 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

UK vs Duke, 1998. Tears of pure joy, surrounded by70+ UK fans in Miami, FL.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:26 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I have to say, watchingDrew Franklin’s YouTube compilation of the UK fan reaction to our Wisconsin win with Aarron’s shot… can almost bring me to tears every time.

• Realme
      11:36 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I cried when the 2010 team lost to WV, because I was not ready for them to be done yet. I full on grieved last Spring after a game I refuse to name. And I teared up during the tv intro to the 2012 final 4 game against Louisville, which might be the weirdest of my 3 sports cries.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:47 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Red Sox 2004 World Series. Had been anticipating since the bullshite intereference call vs the Big Red Machine in 1975, when I was in second grade.

19. std
    11:25 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

STD is the worst. Please keep him off the air

• ukjaybrat
      11:38 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

I don’t understand why you have so much hate for the dude. he’s pretty funny. he’s not completely stupid.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:43 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

He is not stupid at all but he has zero tolerance for anything that is not in his wheelhouse. I think he is funny as hell at times, yet he makes me SMH, vigorously at other times.

• ukjaybrat
      11:46 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

i agree, but that’s a stupid reason to call someone “the worst” and keep him from speaking…. a little harsh if you ask me.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:50 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Jay, I agree with you completely. I am a big fan of Amendment #1 and the opportunity to make an a$$ of oneself , as I may do many times daily! STD is a big part of the show and I generally like his input, even if I may disagree in theory.

20. BlueRedneck
    11:51 am October 13, 2015 Permalink

Matt, you obviously have never owned a Porsche. It is pronounced “porsha”, not “porsh”, like rhyming with “porch”. Reminds me of a dumb blonde joke from back in the day…

21. KBA Prez
    1:00 pm October 13, 2015 Permalink

The KBA is a corrupt organization that steals money from small broadcasters. All so their horse faced president can travel to conferences around the country and act like someone important.