KSR is at the Don Moore GM Center in Owensboro (Tuesday Show Thread)

Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 7.20.18 AM

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Don Moore GM Center (3232 Villa Point) in Owensboro. If you’re in the area, come on out to hear the show and to register to win tickets to a UK basketball or football game from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Here’s an updated list of tour stops:

July 29: Benton — Kennedy’s Fan Shop
July 30: Paducah — Buffalo Wild Wings and IMAC Regeneration of Paducah
July 31: Fancy Farm

August 3: Bowling Green — Chaney’s Dairy Barn
August 4: McKee — Old Courthouse Community Room
August 5: Glasgow — Papa John’s
August 6: Jamestown — Lawless-Smith True Value and Appliance Center (Russell Springs)
August 7: Monticello — Conley Bottom Resort

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville — Sun Tropic Outdoors
August 13: Lexington — All Sports at Fayette Mall
August 14: Louisville

gotc-ksr

GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com is giving away UK basketball and football tickets at every tour stop this summer. That’s 33 chances to win, and all you have to do is come out to listen to your favorite radio show. That’s so easy even Ryan Lemond could do it!

52 Comments for KSR is at the Don Moore GM Center in Owensboro (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. Big Curt
    9:47 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

I haven’t been this excited for football in a while. It’s hard getting your hopes up and then getting let down. Hoping for a great season.

GO CATS!!

• Reality
      10:07 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

You haven’t been this excited since the start of last season.. Just like the 10 prior seasons. Then reality hits you and you get excited for the next season…………

2. Mike Hunt
    9:58 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Welcome to Owensboro KSR.

Go Cats

3. Larry Clapp
    10:01 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Could be another big Yahtzee day.

Three goggle

4. Big Curt
    10:03 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

UK JB-

How is your family member doing? Just wanted to let you know we’re still praying for you. Hang in there, man.

God Bless!

5. J-Dub421
    10:12 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

In a UK deathmatch, I’d be betting on Boogie or Jamal Magloire.

6. J-Dub421
    10:14 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

And iheart just crashed. Again.

• If you’re using 1080’s iheart feed, it seems to crash more than WLAP’s feed from the comments I see on here, so I use WLAP’s.

• J-Dub421
      10:29 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

No, WLAP’s feed crashed 3 times in the first 20 minutes of the show. I just switched to 1080.

• realme
      10:31 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

That’s the key. You have to switch back and forth.

• And the break interrupts Matt mid-sentence. Is that only on iheart, or even if you’re listening to an old fashioned radio?

• J-Dub421
      10:35 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

The breaks are definitely more abrupt on iheart.

7. DREWBLUE
    10:15 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

J P Blevins first one out.

8. Birdx33
    10:15 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Ramel Bradley!!!!

9. Adam
    10:15 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Patrick Sparks

10. sturgeon5983
    10:15 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Ryan Harrow, and it’s not close.

11. hater
    10:16 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Saul Smith hands down.

12. AlexJohnson
    10:18 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

What are the chances Shannon The Dude announces the fantasy match? That is the real question.

13. Tribialbert
    10:21 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

What’s this stuff between Ryan and Saul Smith? I must be missing something

• Big Curt
      10:24 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

When Saul was at UK, he and Ryan were after the same lady and I think he was hitting on Ryan’s woman if memory serves. 😉

• realme
      10:32 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

She is Ryan’s wife now.

14. I can’t wait until Matt Jones is hopefully the sideline guy for UK football and he’s saying “Mac with a C Jones looked awesome on that TD throw!”

15. Does anyone know who this football commit for noon might be?

Also, it bothered me when I read in Freddie’s post the other day that JC transfers Alvonte Bell & Courtney Miggins aren’t on campus yet. He compared it to Ryan Flannigan last year and how he didn’t play well until very late in the season. It kind of defeats the purpose of a JC transfer if you only really get 1 year out of them.

Anyone heard an update on them?

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

I haven’t heard anything, but I would guess they are finishing up academic requirements. Hopefully we’ll have more information soon. Also, have the Nebraska transfers been cleared?

• Last I heard they’re not cleared (I think that was when I was streaming the Sunday morning show on WLXG). I won’t hold out any hope. I don’t want to be Kantered again, but if they are cleared then I’ll be pumped!

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

The NCAA is so completely incompetent. It’s infuriating.

• Yup. I forgot to mention that I think it was a guy from TCP that said he doesn’t look for them to be cleared for this fall.

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Which is just stupid, since to the best of my knowledge, both were in good academic standing and never got into any trouble off the field. Players should be able to transfer at will without having to sit out a year. The NCAA claims to be “promoting student athletes” but that is a load of crap.

• @BallBlog_Chad
      11:20 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

I have heard a 2017 RB’s name thrown around, but we’ll find out in an hour

16. AlexJohnson
    10:31 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Was John Cena’s broken nose as impressive as Matt’s nose whistle?

17. CottonMash
    10:36 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Anyone here tune in to the last night’s KSR on Periscope? I connected right at the end of when Matt had answered a question about Brad Calipari… all I caught was that it was a “very good question”.

• realme
      10:40 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

I caught part of it. Someone asked Matt if Brad was the next big recruit, and Matt agreed, without actually saying so. Reading between the lines, if Brad gets good enough to actually play at Ky, then we could be assured of having Cal for those 4 years.

• So Brad gets to be the next victory cigar? 🙂
      Sam Malone can put him on a t-shirt once he’s done with school.

• realme
      10:46 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

I think Brad will go somewhere else, he doesn’t want to be a victory cigar, he wants to play. But he has dedicated his life to basketball the last few years, maybe he is going to end up being good enough to play here some.

18. Dubbya
    10:50 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Don’t let people who aren’t from Paducah tell you where to eat in Paducah. They know nothing. Don’t go to the mall, go downtown to the riverfront where all the actually nice, not “Olive Garden nice” restaurants are. I would personally recommend Max’s Brick Oven, Doe’s Eat Place, or Tribeca. There are many more that are also very good.

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

I was in Paducah for a week once for a trial (for work) and really liked The Pink Flamingo. Is it still there?

• Dubbya
      11:52 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

I think you mean Flamingo Row, and yes it is.

19. James Huie
    10:51 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Matt and Ryan, when you are in Benton tomorrow you need to eat at Hutchen’s BBQ. I live in Louisville, but I grew up in Murray and that is some damned fine BBQ.

20. houndstooth
    10:57 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Winston bennett would destroy all if he was in the ring- Yeah I know he wasn’t in the time frame discussed.

• catdaddyd
      12:06 am July 29, 2015 Permalink

He would be to tired having sex.

21. James
    10:59 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

It’s hot, Don.

• m4ff3w
      11:46 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

You can say that again!

22. Robbie Wade
    11:39 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Oldie but tough. Richard Madison

23. hater
    11:42 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

In the fall rednecks turn orange.

24. Just as a point of reference regarding Matt’s comments about snake handling in worship: the promise in the Bible about snake venom not harming someone was made to the apostles, not all Christians. You often have to look at context when studying the scriptures. Paul was bitten by a venomous snake (“viper” in the KJV) in Acts 28:3-6 and he shook it off in the fire and it didn’t hurt him.

25. I think Reba’s show was actually pretty funny. Matt also doesn’t realize it’s still out there in rerun form (which is how I first watched it), so whoever he was talking too could still be watching it (not to mention it may be on DVD, streaming, etc.).

26. Blasphemy
    11:56 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

“One of these nights” is one of my favourite songs of all time. “I can’t tell you why” is also pretty good, albeit very disco sounding. “Take it to the limit,” “Take it to the limit,” “Heartache Tonight,” and “Life in the Fast Lane.” What makes the Eagles so famous beyond “Hotel California” is their versatility. Even if I personally only ‘love’ 2 of their songs (not hotel because its overplayed).

27. Dubbya
    11:56 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

For the first time ever I wish I lived in Marshall County today so I could vote yes. Marshall County’s dryness is holding back the the otherwise wonderful Kentucky Lake.

28. If the D takes even a small step back then we may very well be looking at 5-7 again. I know our offense should be better, but if the defense is worse, how can we win more games in the SEC? That running back from Miss St. playing live pinball with our D with the awful tackling is burned into my mind.

• J-Dub421
      12:01 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Dupree and Smith were great, and will be hard to replace, but I think we can replace them by committee. We also have several guys who redshirted last season that could make a significant impact. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

• I wonder how much it would have helped to have Lloyd Tubman.

29. Stay on the air! Stay on the air! We can do without 1 news update!!!