KSR is at Sleep Outfitters! (Thursday Show Thread)

ryan-sleepoutfitters2

Get on out to Sleep Outfitters in Richmond for a live remote of today’s show. The guys are at 1146 Barnes Mill Road to bring you two hours of fun from atop the most comfortable, affordable mattresses in all the land.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

43 Comments for KSR is at Sleep Outfitters! (Thursday Show Thread)

1. RealCatsFan
    10:14 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

I’m probably more bummed out about Chris Cornell’s passing than Shannon is. He was one of my favorite singers of all time – the dude had incredible vocal range. I had to cue up some of his work from Temple of the Dog this morning to console myself – “Say Hello to Heaven”. Kind if ironic and haunting that it was written for a fellow rocker who passed away from a drug overdose.

Rumors are swirling that his death was a suicide. If so, even more sad, and puzzling.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

On the flip side, I couldn’t really give two flips about Roger Ailes passing. Another angry old white dude, who apparently was a perv as well.

• J-Dub421
      10:18 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Is it wrong to be kind of happy about Ailes death? Maybe I’m a terrible person, but good riddance.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:38 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Give Ailes credit. He built the only cable TV news outlet in that does not serve the interests of hateful leftist overlords who consider us their livestock. No wonder the elite ruling class on Democrat Mount Olympus wanted to destroy him.

• J-Dub421
      10:43 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

He was a pervert who sexually harassed women. His “destruction” is his own doing. Just like Bill O’Reilly’s. Keep it in your pants dudes.

• Stuck on Blue
      10:47 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

STE…Perhaps he served the purpose for the hateful right wing demagogues who consider us their serfs. No wonder the elite ruling class on Republican Mount Olympus wanted to protect him. It really does go both ways. Until we stop fighting with each other over the crap they feed us to instigate the fighting, which is what both sides seem to want, nothing will change. Peace to you.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:48 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Spoken like an ignorant kool-aid drinker. Free yourself from the mind control. Reject the left and learn to stand up instead of always bending over.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:50 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Obama is the one who targeted sources of employment in Kentucky and simultaneously flooded the region with opiates. All because the normal people rejected him. So who’s the hater?

• Stuck on Blue
      10:56 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

STE…Sounds like you’ve been drinking some kool aid yourself. There are good and bad people on both sides of the party lines, and if you can’t understand that, I’ve got nothing for you. Not gonna try to change your mind. Sorry you felt the need to call me ignorant, but okay, call me whatever you want, it doesn’t bother me one bit. Peace and blessings to you.

• RealCatsFan
      10:56 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Stuck On Blue nailed it – as long as we lemmings keep voting for the mainstream parties, we will get more of the same while the “overlords” (in both parties) laugh all the way to the bank. WAKE UP AMERICA!

• Booby Petrino
      10:59 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

So Obama started the opiate problem in KY? Oh good lord. I’ve never voted for the man but even I think perhaps you’ve been hitting some opiates up this morning. Sober up, there!

• Just one question: can’t we all get along? 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Chris, I think a lot of our elected officials don’t want us to get along. Keeps the status quo – and the gravy train – rolling.

• I’m not going to get sucked in, but the “angry old white guys” type statement doesn’t help, quite honestly. I’ve seen some pretty angry people at Occupy Wall Street, U Missouri, etc.

“That’s all I have to say about that.”
      -Gump

• Oh, and let me be clear, I am NOT defending harassment of ANY kind if it happened. I frankly haven’t looked into either Ailes’ or O’Reilly’s case.

• RealCatsFan
      11:35 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Chris, you have a valid point, and please let me apologize to all of the angry old white dudes out there. Of course there are plenty of angry young black dudes, and chicks, and angry people who aren’t quite sure if they are dudes or chicks – mostly everyone just seems to be angry. Not me – I’m just sad.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:16 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Had no problem with Herbstreits comment….basically the truth, and he’s been supportive of UK football in the past.
    That being said, I’m a big UK football fan, and the 41-38 game is one of the best UK sports milestones in decades.

4. J-Dub421
    10:49 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Aaaahhh!!!! Make the Nickleback stop!!!

• RealCatsFan
      10:53 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Not saying I’m a Nickelback fan, but for Matt to say that the lyrics in their song are stupid, and then he plays that ridiculous song after, just shows how bad his musical taste is.

• J-Dub421
      11:05 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Everyone on this thread knows Matt has overall bad taste in music. (He does like a few good things, bu they are few and far between.)

5. runningunnin.454
    10:51 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

LOL, this music….go ahead and hang me.

6. J-Dub421
    11:08 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Appaently Bamba just committed to Texas.

• J-Dub421
      11:09 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

*Apparently.

• Yup. Drew just posted it.

Oh well. I’m not going to hate on the guy, but have fun being an 8 seed.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

He’s not going to be there long enough for academics to matter.

• runningunnin.454
      11:21 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

An 8 seed? They had a losing record last year; but, maybe they will be able to beat Texas-Arlington.

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Great, as if I wasn’t already bummed enough about Chris Cornell. 🙁 Can I just go back to bed now?

• I tuned in late. Who is Chris Cornell?

• J-Dub421
      11:30 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

There isn’t much on their roster besides Bamba though. I don’t see them being that good next season. Bamba may be really good, but there won’t be much around him.

• RealCatsFan
      11:37 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Chris Cornell was the lead singer for SoundGarden and Audioslave. Also did a couple of side projects like Temple of the Dog. Talented dude, but if you weren’t tuned into 90’s and early 2000’s alternative music, you might not know who he was. Just sad to see a talented life end early, no matter what the cause.

7. runningunnin.454
    11:13 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Well, that came out of left field; Bamba better learn to talk football.

8. J-Dub421
    11:18 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Cal isn’t a two-faced selfish jerk like Pitino.

9. I have to tell ya’ll this:

Monday night I was traveling south on I-65 to Mobile, AL for my job. I was driving about 80 in the left lane and I saw that a brown pickup truck was coming up behind me pretty fast. AL is getting more serious about “Left lane is for passing only”, and although I didn’t think it was police, it looked like the truck might have cop lights on top (they were flat and they really look like a luggage racks). So I dutifully move over, and as the truck is passing, I see “Law Enforcement” on the front bumper. Then I see…wait for it…a logo for “KENTUCKY DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE”! “Hey Hunters!”

Dudes were doing literally 100. I know because I sped up to get their tag and trailed them doing 95-100. So, let’s take a poll: do I report them? 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

• I only posted this because of the convo last week about cops driving fast when there’s no emergency.

• J-Dub421
      11:25 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

As someone who routinely drives 80-85 on the expressway, I can’t really judge. For the record, I only speed on the freeway or major roadways, never in neighborhoods where there are likely kids and pets that could run out in front of me.

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Yes you do; and, two days ago I came over a blind hill on a two lane road next to a lake. One of these same vehicles was “parked” in the right lane while one of the guys was obviously checking licenses of several fishermen at the lake. I stopped in time, but a car came up behind me and the screeching tires were had me thinking I was going to get hit.
      I called the KSP.

• Stuck on Blue
      11:32 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Count me in as a yes.

• RealCatsFan
      11:43 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

J-Dub, I don’t necessarily have an issue with people speeding on the interstate, as long as they aren’t doing stupid stuff like tailgating, weaving in and out of lanes, cutting people off, and driving too fast for conditions (i.e., 90 mph in the rain). You can speed and still be courteous – use turn signals, give people some space until they have a chance to move over, etc. It’s the a-holes who act like they own the highway that get on my nerves. If I see someone coming up fast and I have room to move over to the slow lane, I will do it, but if I am already moving with the speed of traffic and they just expect everyone to move out of their way because their time is apparently more important than mine, then to hell with them.

• I got a pic of their tag. I forgot to take it along with my speedometer in the same frame. I also thought “If I email this photo, they’ll say ‘Well, that means you were going 100 also!'”

• J-Dub421
      11:48 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Tail-gaiting is stupid and an accident waiting to happen. I can’t stand the oblivious idiots who simply ride in the left lane and refuse to ever get over though, especially when they are doing the speed limit or close to it. That’s what the right lane is for.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

Agree J-Dub, those people drive me nuts too, but most of the time it is just safer and smarter to just use your signals and go around them if the right lane is clear. I see a lot of people who instead insist on aggressively riding their bumper. That’s the kind of shit that leads to road rage incidents.

If it’s an emergency, flash your brights as you are approaching. I see that and I usually try to get out of their way.

10. J-Dub421
    11:45 am May 18, 2017 Permalink

There is a portion of our fan base that thinks kids should always come back to school and every guy should be a four year player because they somehow owe something to UK and the fans. They think that coming back will always improve their draft stock. These people are wrong and stuck in the past.