KSR is at Sleep Outfitters in Georgetown (Friday Show Thread)

ryan-sleepoutfitters2

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Sleep Outfitters in Georgetown (131 Edwards Avenue). Come on out to hear Matt and Ryan preview Kentucky’s trip to Tuscaloosa, recap The Bachelor parody part two, and speak with special guest, 1998 National Champion Heshimu Evans. It’ll be a grand ole time.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

61 Comments for KSR is at Sleep Outfitters in Georgetown (Friday Show Thread)

1. Laker Cat 18
    10:09 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

It’s finally Friday! Go Cats!

• ukjaybrat
      10:12 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

thank god. this week sucked

10:16 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

The week really went by fast for me. Can’t believe the weekend is upon us again.

The older you get, the faster the treadmill of time speeds up. Seems like there ought to be a scientific study on this.

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

So tired. On the struggle bus today. Zzzzzz…….

10:37 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Got my coffee buzz working for me now, but the doldrums will probably hit after lunch.

• ukjaybrat
      10:40 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

rcf… im eating lunch now… bc no one respects lunch hours here. i have meetings from 11:00 straight through 2:30… i’m not even hungry but i’m forcing a bowl of chili into my mouth one very scaulding hot and unsatisfying bite at a time

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Coffee is not helping so far.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:54 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Ran out of coffee at the house, so I was forced to consume the burnt tar from the work machine this morning. Almost have to chew it before I swallow.

11:35 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Guy I used to work with always used the same coffee cup – for probably 15 years. It had this brown crust that accumulated on the bottom from years of use. We used to say that he could probably just pour hot water in the cup and get instant coffee!

Same dude used to chain smoke all day in his cube (this was back in the 80’s before any smoking bans). There was a permanent smoke haze always hanging over his cube – resembled a Greatful Dead concert. I wonder to this day if he has made it through the years without developing some horrible disease from all the abuse to his body.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:10 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Anybody watch Duke/NC. Just before halftime, Grayson Allen shoved the defender out of his way and hit a three to put Duke ahead.
    I see the phantom touch fouls on UK; and I see this nifty move from our SEC opponents and other teams….dribble with one hand and shove the defender backwards with the other to get the shot.
    What is with officiating in the NCAA; it is the worst I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been watching basketball going on a hundred years.

• ukjaybrat
      10:13 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

if they’re not calling it, more and more players will continue to use it. they’ve been harping on freedom of movement so much on offense and callign defensive fouls, that you can pretty much get away with murder on offense. but god forbid you wiggle your toe before you dribble or you’re going to get a travel call…. looking at you briscoe

10:14 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

There is no accountability, and until there is, it will be more of the same. Rinse and repeat.

10:30 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

I hate to say it, but both of those teams looked like they are way ahead of us in level of play – at least in light of the way we have been lately. Hopefully we will work out way up to that level, but as Jerry Reed sang, “we’ve got a long way to go, and a short time to get there”.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:56 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

No. I didn’t watch it.

3. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    10:12 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

What is up with Hamidou Diallo tweet last night? What is happening??? Is he going to play?

10:15 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

What did the tweet say?

• runningunnin.454
      10:19 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Missed the tweet, too. In an earlier article, he said he was sitting out.
      So why is a player that is not playing going to talk to the media today?
      Odd.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      10:26 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

It said “Who would’ve said this would happen Freshmen year” and has the pondering emoji…and it is a picture of him in a practice uni with a ball in his hands. Not sure what it means.

• ukjaybrat
      10:26 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

RG that is exactly what i was thinking. maybe cal has been playing chess all season and diallo is ready to come in as a defensive stopper? who knows. guess we will find out. i don’t think he plays, but i wouldn’t be surprised if he comes in as a hawkins-type player

• ukjaybrat
      10:31 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

That could have meant anything though.
      not sayign it’s NOT sports related, but these kids write everything on the internet and it’s not all about basketball. he could have found a girlfriend. or any multitude of other things. there’s really no telling

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      10:56 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Well I would agree if it didn’t include a picture of him with a basketball…

• ukjaybrat
      12:31 pm February 10, 2017 Permalink

yeah i completely looked over the picture lol

4. RealCatsFan
    10:13 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Now Boooyys! No fighting on air. Ryan and Matt sound like they woke up on the wrong side of their Sleep Outfitters mattresses.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:17 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

I kind of hate hearing Fox and Monk being called out for their effort during games, because by all accounts they are both great kids, but I can’t disagree with it.

• ukjaybrat
      10:27 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

they’re still two of the best offensively minded and capable players in the ncaa. that doesn’t mean they don’t BOTH need to improve their defensive efficiency

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:47 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Even the best kids can start believing their press clippings a little too much. Doesn’t make them bad people. They just need a reality check. Hopefully Cal has accomplished that.

• J-Dub421
      10:53 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Hopefully they saw all the crap SEC coaches said about them yesterday and it makes them angry and lights a fire under them.

• catsarerunnin
      11:54 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Well they should take notice of everything SEC coaches say because obviously this conference has the best coaches of any conference. I’m sure that will be apparent when the top 16 teams are revealed…

6. RealCatsFan
    10:20 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Don’t know if I can stomach watching yet ANOTHER “everybody’s Superbowl” game. This is why I wish we were not in the SEC. No win situation for the Cats. Anything less than a total blowout of their opponents on the road will not help them. Win a close one, and no harm, but no help either. Lose, and it’s a BAD loss.

• ukjaybrat
      10:28 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

“No win situation for the Cats”
      except for the money part. and as a public university
      money > everything
      … including wins championships

10:39 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Sad but true. Although UofL doesn’t exactly look destitute. After all, they can afford all those strippers. 😀

• secrick
      10:45 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

I think we just received 41 million dollars for being in the Sec this year. Never going to leave.

7. J-Dub421
    10:43 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Sarah has no clue.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:48 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Which reminds me…I have no Cloo. That was my favorite cable channel and it has gone dark!

• J-Dub421
      10:52 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Maybe get Clue? It was Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick!

• Realme
      10:56 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Are we gonna have to start a “Sarah is not allowed on the air” change.org petition? She just says ugly things. Nothing insightful, or interesting.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:57 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

I am both happy yet slightly sad I missed Sarah’s call.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:58 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

I will defend to the death her right to “act the fool” on live radio.

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

It is fun to listen to Matt freak out.

11:21 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

I say she should still be allowed to call in. Even if her opinion is unpopular, unless she is outright trolling us (like a UofL fan), she should be allowed to say it. To censor her would be similar to what Trump is doing with government agencies like the EPA, etc.

• Realme
      11:24 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

I’m just kidding y’all. Not gonna petition to censor anyone. But she is trying to become a female Chris from Richmond, and I wish she’d call a different show.

• catsarerunnin
      11:56 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Yes a caller to a sports call in show is similar to the President of the United States.

8. secrick
    10:47 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

I still thing it would be EVERYBODYS SUPERBOWL no matter what league we are in. After all it’s KY they would be playing.

11:24 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

I agree that we would still have a big target on our back, but in a league like the ACC, we would be one of several big targets. In the SEC, we are the ONLY team (most years) that would be a big win to get some recognition for the other teams. Plus, we have dominated that league for so long, that there is a lot of built up animosity for opposing fans, which contributes to the raucous atmospheres. Look at a lot of UofL’s ACC road games, say someone like Boston College or Pitt. The crowds are not even CLOSE to what UK sees against even the bottom dwellers of the SEC.

• ukjaybrat
      12:33 pm February 10, 2017 Permalink

even when florida went on their tear through the conference, we had the bigger target, because then it was all “look it’s UK and we can actually beat them this year. let’s not screw it up”

9. J-Dub421
    11:21 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Hey, did you guys know that Heshimu means warrior?? I think I heard that somewhere once.

11:25 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Maybe not! 😉

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

We’ve been lied to all these years!! What is happening?? Down is up! Maybe Willie didn’t play wide receiver in high school! I don’t know what to believe anymore! 😉

11:50 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Willie was actually a kicker in HS. 😉

10. RealCatsFan
    11:31 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Sarah as a hot brunette? Ha – for some reason, I picture her as bearing more of a resemblance to Kathy Bates. (Hope this doesn’t upset you, RealMe! 🙂 )

• Realme
      11:33 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Your guess sounds more likely to me too.

11:37 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Well, after all, if she has been practicing law for 30 years like she claims, she has to be in her 50’s at least. Glad you took no offense, Realme. 😉

11:37 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

And I will go on to say that I have always like Kathy Bates as an actress. Her role in Misery was epic.

• Realme
      11:42 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Not sure why that would have offended me. You didn’t say anything about whether you’d bang her or not.

11:49 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

😀

• runningunnin.454
      12:13 pm February 10, 2017 Permalink

NOT!

11. RealCatsFan
    11:46 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Heshimu sounds like a really cool dude. Would love to meet him. To this day, whenever I see him I will always think of Scatman Crothers from The Shining. 🙂

12. J-Dub421
    11:50 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

He should go into radio. He definitely has the voice for it.

• Realme
      11:52 am February 10, 2017 Permalink

Yes, add him to the KSR radio station lineup.

12:17 pm February 10, 2017 Permalink

Speaking of “voice for radio”, anyone remember the “golden voiced” homeless guy that was “discovered” on the national news a few years ago? Wonder whatever happened to him. Seems like he had some substance abuse problems.