KSR is at Rock House Brewing (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Rock House Brewing (119 Luigart Court) in Lexington. Come on out to enjoy the show, a Shannon the Dude Brew, and some special KSR donuts from North Lime Coffee & Donuts.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

56 Comments for KSR is at Rock House Brewing (Friday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:09 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Does Matt sound like a cyborg to everyone else?

• RealCatsFan
      10:10 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

He has been abducted by aliens. Watch out for that probe!

• Realme
      10:12 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

They will absolutely throw him back when he won’t stop telling them how to do their job.

• cats646
      10:12 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

• lol @ Realme! There was an episode of The Simpsons where aliens kidnapped the baby and brought her back when they couldn’t handle her.

• J-Dub421
      10:29 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

He got kidnaped by pod-people.

• runningunnin.454
      10:39 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Invasion of the Body Snatchers, two good cult movies.

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

If we take one of our cats to the vet, when we bring it home the other two hiss and act like we brought home a pod-kitty. It’s weird.

• Realme
      10:57 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Ours just smell each other and look confused.

• RealCatsFan
      11:39 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

J-Dub, they are just pissed that the other kitty came back. They were hoping that meant more food for them. 😉

2. Beat the Racers! I usually pull for all Kentucky teams when they aren’t playing UK, or my alma mater which plays several KY teams in the NAIA.

3. Wasn’t Sacha supposedly thinking about playing for UNCheat? I can’t imagine their fans would be much different. Maybe that’s why he didn’t go there.

• Realme
      10:27 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

I’m a little skeptical that our fans were that excited to see him in public. I think it was criticism that bothered him more, but he didn’t want to make us look bad. We’re fine, good for him if he can be happier there, and good for us that we don’t have to hate him for going to the school with no classes.

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

UNC fans are way more low key than UK fans, but there would have been some of the “fish bowl” life but it wouldn’t have been as intense.

• RealCatsFan
      10:44 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

The year before he came to UK he was at a game that I attended, and he stood down there on the court after the game and signed autographs for probably 150 people. I even got my picture taken with him. Seemed like a nice kid, and he seemed to be basking in the glow of BBN at the time. But I can see where all that attention could wear thin after a while, especially if you start to struggle in games.

• I do wish him luck though as long as they don’t play us. I’ll be more than happy if I see him dunking all over the cheaters.

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

The negative nellies tend to turn on our players as soon as they have a bad game, or if they aren’t world-beaters right out of the gate. It happened to SKJ a little (though not as badly as some other players have gotten it, see: Harrison twins, Briscoe, Skal) and some guys handle the negativity and criticism better than others. I feel bad that a few schmucks ruin the experience for some players.

4. J-Dub421
    10:26 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Will Harris can suck it. We weren’t ranked and knocked off the #25 team on the road and ended a 31 year losing streak. Don’t rain on my parade, jerk.

• Realme
      10:28 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Yeah. His premise that we all think we’re now championship bound was dumb to start with, so he was arguing with a side that didn’t exist.

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Let them keep dissing us…I like it; it fires up the team.

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

I feel bad bashing a guy who shares a name with my builder, who is a good dude and bleeds blue. lol But I agree with this.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

We’re just happy to have finally beaten Florida, and on the road no less. Just let us enjoy it for a week for crap sakes; it was 31 years coming.

• J-Dub FTW! UF was only like 4-8 last year, yet they’re still ranked 25th, all anyone can talk about is the streak, and we’re not supposed to be happy?

Plus, SC gets love every year and we beat their pants off every year (well, it’s close sometimes and they did lost Deebo in our game last year I think). Muschamp. Pffftttt!!!!!!! What a joke of a HC.

Sorry, I know I’ve posted that 2nd paragraph 100 times.

5. secrick
    10:34 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Think that’s just sour grapes coming from Sacha or is Ky fans that bad.

• runningunnin.454
      10:40 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Some are that bad; I’m sure you see some of the comments on KSR.

• ClutchCargo
      10:42 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think it matters. It wasn’t a good fit, so he moved on, as he probably should have.

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

I figure that about 10% (give or take) of every fanbase is made up of jerks. Because our fanbase is so huge, we have a larger portion of jerks.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:51 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Have to get this guy to every game.

7. Realme
    10:52 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

This guy Beatty is awesome. Living the dream.

8. ClutchCargo
    10:55 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

I wish he was a regular part of the show. Really like hearing him talk.

9. runningunnin.454
    11:07 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

I was shocked yesterday to learn that the guy that murdered the UK football player only served 6 years.
    Really? Cold blooded sniper with a deer rifle? What has our justice system become?

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

His daddy is rich and well connected. Got him a good lawyer and used his political connections to get him off easy. Karma came calling for him later with the DUI accident.

• Realme
      11:17 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

People do more time for things that are barely crimes. I’m furious because I saw that one of Elizabeth Smart’s kidnappers is getting out.

• You beat me to it Realme:

Spoiler alert (I may as well include the text because it’s short…and totally egregious):

“The Utah woman who was kidnapped and sexually abused as a 14-year-old says she is shocked that one of her captors is set to be released from jail. Elizabeth Smart today urged the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole to reconsider releasing Wanda Barzee next week. Barzee was sentenced in 2010 to 15 years in prison for helping abduct Smart from her Salt Lake City bedroom and then standing by and watching as her husband, Brian Mitchell, raped her daily. The parole board announced this week that the 72-year-old Barzee will be released on Wednesday under terms that include supervision.”

• CATandMONKEY
      11:22 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

This make me physically ill.

• Realme
      11:25 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Same.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Brock Turner got caught in the act of raping a girl by 2 witnesses and only served 3 months.

• Realme
      11:37 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Hate that guy too! Our system hopefully gets it right a lot, but fails hard on a lot of levels.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:16 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

I think the deer were actually scared off by the sound of Matt’s nose whistle blasting over the radio. 😀

• CATandMONKEY
      11:21 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

…All the way from Connecticut.

• ClutchCargo
      11:28 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Maybe it’s the nose whistle, like those deer whistles people mount on their car bumpers.

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Can someone make a car hood ornament that is shaped like Matt’s head with a nose whistle that I can mount on the front of my car? The deer are pretty thick out in the boonies where I live! 😀

11. CATandMONKEY
    11:32 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

We CAN beat Misssshisshippi State!

• runningunnin.454
      11:39 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Definitely, just need to limit Nick Fitzgerald’s running game.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:46 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Barring injuries to the front line and linebackers,(God Forbid) we can do it. If our backfield continues to excel, that may force more runs and we should be able to scheme effectively.

To be fair, I have no idea what I am talking about.

• ClutchCargo
      11:48 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

I thought it was spelled Missippi, based on how a lot of people say it when they try to talk too fast.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Clutch, I think this guy can help you with the proper pronunciation. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:55 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

It’s Messessebi according to helmet guy.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:56 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Helmet Guy. Pleasantly yet totally polluted.

One of the True KSR classic videos. Glad I never saw a camera when in the shape he was.

12. CATandMONKEY
    11:42 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

This is a surprisingly great call.
    Kudos to Darryl for Manning up.

13. Realme
    11:50 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

We’re not going to win by 40. Stoops doesn’t run up a score (except maybe if the other team / coaching staff are jerks).

• runningunnin.454
      11:53 am September 14, 2018 Permalink

Exactly, we’re not Tennessee rolling up 59-3 over little ETSU.

• ClutchCargo
      12:32 pm September 14, 2018 Permalink

Not that I want to see Murray get embarrassed, but it would be nice if the “guarantee game” teams felt like that’s what they had coming when they play at Kroger Field. To me, it’s a sign that the team is focused on playing their game, and doesn’t play down to the competition.

• ClutchCargo
      12:34 pm September 14, 2018 Permalink

^ Part of that is putting in the 3rd string when you’re up big, but still running your offense and defense the best you can.