KSR is at Red State BBQ in Cynthiana (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Red State BBQ in Cynthiana. Tune in to hear the gang discuss the latest on the remaining player decisions, Anthony Davis and Rondo in the NBA Playoffs, and much, much more.

Hamidou Diallo also joins the show to discuss his time at Kentucky and his upcoming autograph tour:

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

39 Comments for KSR is at Red State BBQ in Cynthiana (Friday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:08 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

So can the Pelicats make something happen, or is Portland bad? I don’t watch much NBA but those highlights are nice.

• runningunnin.454
      10:11 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Rondo and AD are really good together; seems like they have a telepathy. But, really need Boogie to make a serious run.

• RealCatsFan
      10:18 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Yep, another “what-if”. But few of us thought the Pels would make it to the playoffs in the first place without Boogie.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:18 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Wish the bowling league was in Louisville, I would consider it. But bowling leagues in the summer are a tough sell – hard to go indoors for 3 hours when it is nice and warm outside. I used to bowl in a lot of leagues, and the summer leagues were always very thin. Rolled a 279 in league play in Baton Rouge – Exxon company league. Followed it up with a 77 – yeah, that’s right, a seventy-seven! Let’s just say the wheels came off. I had a bunch of emails from co-workers the next day rubbing me for it – some said that the 77 game showed I was management material. 😉

• Realme
      10:25 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

In high school I dropped a bowling ball behind me instead of throwing it forward. On a date. With a group of his friends. Who all thought it was hysterical. Never bowled since.

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Just turn around?

• runningunnin.454
      10:43 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

RCF; never bowled that high in my life; did you save the card?

• Realme
      10:47 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

lol, RG

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

rg, wish I had. I had 7 or 8 strikes in a row starting from the first frame, IIRC. Started drawing a crowd behind me when I got to 5 or 6 in a row. People were wondering if I could hold out for the elusive perfect game. Alas, solid ten pin got me! I wasn’t a great bowler – had a big hook and if I got in a groove I could string together some strikes. But I was inconsistent on spares, so that always held me back. For the next game, lane conditions changed (dried out), and I couldn’t control my hook or pick up spares. The guys that are really good have the accuracy and consistency.

• RealCatsFan
      11:25 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Realme, I kind of know how you feel. Like I said, I USED to bowl a lot. After I left college, I started playing volleyball instead of bowling. I probably bowled a total of five times since then. The last time I went was for a team bonding event with one of my club volleyball teams a couple years ago. I drug my ball out of mothballs and found out that my thumb apparently got fatter (along with the rest of me) since the last time I bowled. Went up to toss my first ball, and the ball hung on my hand and I actually lofted it onto the lane next to me! (I actually got a 7 on that lane. 🙂 ). Talk about embarrassing! At least you didn’t have to face the same bunch of kids in practice for the rest of the year, Realme!

• Realme
      11:28 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

That’s beautiful. We need things like that to keep from getting a big head.

• runningunnin.454
      11:33 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

RCF, I hope you yelled, “FORE”.

• RealCatsFan
      11:37 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

HaHa, don’t get me started on golf stories. Could take a while. 🙂

• I’m not ashamed to use the balloon bumpers if I go with the kids.

• Realme
      11:58 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

There’s a gif on my Twitter timeline of a girl throwing the ball in the air, hitting the drop ceiling and busting a pipe. from @TGThunder_Shuck (who is UK JB, I think. He used to post here a lot).

3. Realme
    10:23 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

So we will forever hear this narrative that Quade was going to leave, but Cal talked him into staying, even though the only confirmation of this is media members saying “I heard…” and “there are rumors that…” Maybe let him say what his decision is, when he makes it. This is getting really annoying.

4. Realme
    10:32 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Why are some callers so terrible? Do they not think through what they want to say?

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Same with comments on here; their fingers are in gear; but, their brains not engaged.

• Realme
      10:54 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Speaking of callers, I caught up on podcasts yesterday. Harvey might as well be my father in law. The way he gets excited and just transitions from one crazy thought to another, and mumbles complaints when Matt cuts him off, tells wild stories as if he has no awareness how they are being received… It’s very familiar.

5. major4
    10:57 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Give Harvey more time!!!

6. Realme
    11:11 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Hami sounds exactly like Ramel.

7. runningunnin.454
    11:12 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Slow today so,
    Blind guy walks into a bar…tell me if you’ve heard it.
    Says “hey you want to hear a blonde joke”?
    Bartender says “I’m blonde, the bouncer’s blonde, and the guy at the end there is blonde, and he’s a karate champion”, “You still want to tell the joke”?
    Blind guy says, “Well no, not if I have to explain it three times”.

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

That’s a good one! Did he live?

• Realme
      11:21 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

I’m picturing you cracking up like Mingione as you type. Hee haw.

• RG, did you write that one before or after you outran Jesse Owens and struck out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig back to back? 🙂

You all had to see his comment about that last night.

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Hey, I forgot…I also rode Seabiscuit to two wins; of course, that was in my “prime”.

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Cletus showed up at work one day with a black eye. When his co- worker Possum saw him he asked him what had happened.

Cletus said “Well, it happened at church. I went to the church. I got on my knees and prayed. When I stood up to sing the hymns, there in front of me was the biggest woman I had ever seen. Her dress was stuck in her butt-crack, so being the gentleman I am, I reached over and pulled it out for her. She did not like that, so she hit me.”

Possum laughed and ribbed him about it all day. The next week Cletus showed up to work and his face was beaten really badly again! So Possum asked him what had happened and he told them he’d got beaten up at church again. Possum couldn’t believe him, so Cletus explained, “I went to the church again. I got on my knees and prayed. When I stood up to sing the hymns, there in front of me was that same big woman with her dress stuck up her butt-crack again. Well, the lady standing next to her pulled it out, and I knew she didn’t like it that way, so I shoved it back in.”

• runningunnin.454
      11:38 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

So, he lived?

8. RealCatsFan
    11:26 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Like most things, Matt has no clue about bowling or why bowling shoes are supposed to slide. 😀

• rickwhitetx
      11:35 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Matt clueless about most things? Sounds like he really does belong in politics.

9. RealCatsFan
    11:27 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

They say it is not a good thing when your bowling scores and golf scores are about the same. 🙂

10. Realme, did you get a chance to check out the views of the historic church buildings?

• Realme
      11:37 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

I went past Central Christian on Short St. yesterday. Gorgeous, but not the one you’re thinking of, its’ main surface is stone. I’ll go the other direction today at lunch, I think I know which one you were talking about.

• Thanks. You’re a very cool fruge! Someone told me that’s from that “Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy” book…I never read it.

• Realme
      12:00 pm April 20, 2018 Permalink

I’m going to assume that’s a compliment! 😛 Never read that either.

11. secrick
    11:40 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Do all the players have to make a decision on if they are going or staying by Sunday?

• Realme
      11:42 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

They have to declare by Sunday if they want in the draft. People can still transfer, and PJ & Wenyen can still come back after that.

12. Realme
    11:56 am April 20, 2018 Permalink

Boom signed with the Toronto Argonauts! We talked about that months ago.